Users who are viewing this thread

Eagleshark12

Recruit
Am I just incompetent or is managing cities or castles often broken or lacking something. I have 3 fiefs and all are examples of problems I'm having with managing them.
Problem 1: Daily production. I don't really know what this is/what defines it I only know that it is affected by prosperity. At first i liked the idea of it not being tied to money, so therefore you could develop settlements without being rich, but then this later lead to problems. I acquired a castle that from day one was making -7 daily production. Because I cant figure out what decides this value it was very confusing to my why this was in negatives, and because all improvements are tied to this daily production I couldn't improve anything. Now, eventually by putting some ridiculous amount of like 20k into the reserve and making the daily default "build house" to increase prosperity I was able to get it in the positives. By that I mean 1 daily production. this meant that to do even some of the most basic upgrade would've taken me 100 days even with the cash boost.my problem with this system is its hard to understand where the figure comes from and money feels insignificant or even worthless.
Problem 2: This is the biggest problem as it affects 2 of my fiefs,one castle and one city. there is not enough ways to boost food production, and no way that money can increase this in any way. the fact I have more money than I can spend and still most of my settlements are starving is messed up. My castle has good villages which never get looted, pretty much no garrison, and every upgrade related to food as well as a constantly full reserve, and yet still they have no food. how can this be? how is there no way to further increase food? i should be able to feed a garrison of 100 troops at least without my castle starving. But my biggest problem is my city, and this is the one i genuinely believe is a bug or a fault. at first it had some problems like all cities do but has recently stabilized and was making something healthy like +6 food a turn with a very small garrison. However, i jumped on now to find my city was loosing -53 food a day. this for some reason was due to prosperity, which was affecting the city by -98 food per day. this is completely unfixable andI dont even know what to do now so i have stopped playing temporarily.

Any help is appreciated if you know the fix and im just plain stupid. But I cant find any solution and ive tried a lot of things so i now do believe its a balancing issue. feel free to add to this

City food mechanic seems broken, as in horribly balanced. You can buy food from other places and sell it to your city to boost the food rating. It takes about half an in game day to reflect the change. However, when people come by and buy the food over time, you'll end up in the same spot. I only have one city and I can keep it positive food, but it requires me to focus on it. If I leave it alone for even 2 days, I'll come back and find the city starving. The really broken part is that it seems to be based more on variety rather then quantity. Having lets say 100 of each food is WAY more of a boost than only having 1-2k of one food type in the trade store. It's illogical. I wouldn't want to only eat one type of food, but I wouldn't starve myself to death over it.

Back
Top Bottom