Problem with Swyter's Cartographer

Users who are viewing this thread

jcsm130988

Recruit
Hello, I'm new to modding but I'm trying to make a mod of my own and, among other things, I'm trying to change the map with Swyter's Cartographer. I've managed to make the changes take effect in the module_parties.py (location of towns, castles and villages) but I can't change the model (orography of the world map); I've modified the .obj with Blender and it appears correctly in the Cartographer but the map.txt doesn't change and the changes don't take effect in the game. I've followed this guide https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/cartographer/wiki/Home and I've pasted my module in the msys folder as suggested here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...tions-and-answers.6575/page-1544#post-9124031. I'm out of ideas, so if anyone out there could help me I'd be very thankful.

Solution
make sure you read the instructions that comes with the tool and that you execute the command to save the new map.txt

plus check your file permissions on that folder (allows program to modify/create files)
just make sure you are saving the new map.txt from Cartographer and that file is copied to your mod folder "/modules/myMod/map.txt".

you can do that automagically if you do proper setup, or you can just copy+paste manually it there. As long you transfer the file, it is enough.

if in doubt just check the date the file was modified last.

Upvote 0
just make sure you are saving the new map.txt from Cartographer and that file is copied to your mod folder "/modules/myMod/map.txt".

you can do that automagically if you do proper setup, or you can just copy+paste manually it there. As long you transfer the file, it is enough.

if in doubt just check the date the file was modified last.
Yes, I've checked and the map.txt remains the same, the Cartographer doesn't seem to be saving the new map.txt neither in the module nor in the folder of the Cartographer

Upvote 0
make sure you read the instructions that comes with the tool and that you execute the command to save the new map.txt

plus check your file permissions on that folder (allows program to modify/create files)

Upvote 0
Solution

I've read the guide several times and pressed F5 several times, doesn't seem to be working. Weirdest thing is when a open the Cartographer and reload the map.txt the changes are there, so I don't know what's going on

Upvote 0
Nevermind, after fiddling with the cartographer.lua I've managed to make it work, although everytime I open the Cartographer (cmd) or reload the map.txt it reverts to the unmodded one, so I have to reload the .obj (the one I modded) everytime. It seems like the Cartographer is loading a version of the map.txt that it saved somewhere, no idea where.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom