Problem with new beard textures

Users who are viewing this thread

La Grandmaster

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Iv created facial piercings (tribal sort of ones) and have implemented them into the game in a new race and used the beard slot to display them.

Iv edited the hair_blonde texture (and the alpha ect) so that it includes a texture for the piercing (i also had to move uv maps of hair textures so that they would not have to include the peircing part) and saved it as hair_piercings - and everything looks all fine in openbrf

However in game for some reason the facial piercings still use the original hair_blonde texture and not my newly created one - i think it may have something to do with module_skins but im not sure - do you have to reference hair_textures/materials in module skins  :???:

EDIT - I have now found out how to get the textures working - they have to be referenced in module skins - however many of my meshes mirror e.g if i have a piercing on left ear their is automatically also one on the right -  is their anyway to stop this?

It's the hair blond part, that's what material the face loads and also for any hairs and beards you use on that face. Notice the hair red, that's me using a different hair texture so just do something similar and you should get it right. Module skins by the way is where you look in.

("manface_midage",0xffdfefe1,["hair_blonde"],[0xffffffff, 0xffb04717, 0xff632e18, 0xff502a19, 0xff19100c]),
    ("manface_7",0xffc0c8c8,["hair_red"],[0xffB11100, 0xff810000, 0xffF8A7A7]),

xPearse said:
It's the hair blond part, that's what material the face loads and also for any hairs and beards you use on that face. Notice the hair red, that's me using a different hair texture so just do something similar and you should get it right. Module skins by the way is where you look in.

("manface_midage",0xffdfefe1,["hair_blonde"],[0xffffffff, 0xffb04717, 0xff632e18, 0xff502a19, 0xff19100c]),
    ("manface_7",0xffc0c8c8,["hair_red"],[0xffB11100, 0xff810000, 0xffF8A7A7]),

thanks just figured out right before you posted  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom