Resolved Problem with integration of player troops into battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Doofus

Sergeant
I currently am ruler of the Southern Empire and my children are just becoming available as lords. The year is 1105. When a large battle starts of over 1000 troops to each side I typically have maybe 20-25 troops in the first wave, which is OK, although not really representative of the % of troops I have in the battle (If I have 1/3rd of the total troops involved on my side of the battle I would have expected 1/3rd of the troops on the field to be mine). The problem I have is that after the first wave I rarely get more than a few troops per wave until the last 200 or so troops left on my side. Many times I've seen my side get reinforcements 2 or 3 times in a row without seeing any of my troops added to the battle at all. Generally, if the battle is even in overall numbers, this means that when the majority of my troops take the field my side has about 200 troops left and the opponents will have maybe 500 or more (because AI troops for my empire are close to worthless). This means I really have to gamble that the strength of my troops will offset the fact that they are outnumbered more than 2 to 1.

Is there a reason that reinforcements are not proportional to the % of total troops for your side of the battle?

I've given this some thought and have a potential reason for this. I'm curious if I'm right, but if I am, then things should be adjusted by the devs. I mentioned how far along I am in the game. So far during the game I've lost one companion and no family members despite the fact that I have the settings to 'Clan Member death reduced by 50%' and 'Enable battle death for all heroes' (this seems somewhat unrealistic since I'm constantly fighting, but thats a different issue). I have 7 towns and a few castles, but all my towns are empire culture and my background is Empire. So I only have governors in 2 of the towns (and no castles). I have 4 family members running parties (which I keep as part of my army). So this leaves me with 9 companions and 5 family members in my party (plus me). I put family members and companions at the top of the party list. Soooo...when the game decides what troops to put in the battle, is it taking maybe my first 18-20 troop types and maybe the first 18-20 troop types of the other lord's parties and drawing troops from that list only until they are all gone? And is it considering each companion and family member a separate troop type? So basically the only type troops I contribute to the battle is the first 2 or 3 types until the other lords run out of troops? I noticed maybe 1/2 way through major battles I only have maybe 3 troop types that have even been in the battle. Because I recruit from prisoners constantly and fight a lot of different cultures I have a wide variety of troops. I currently have 73 different types of troops in my party besides my companions and family members.

Bottom line is this...IF the game is drafting troops into battle for the first 18 types and IF it considers family members and companions to EACH be considered one troop type, can the logic please be changed to exclude them from the count of troop types to be considered (but still have them in the battle from the start, if they are healthy enough)?

In addition to hoping this changes, would like to get some feedback from both the moderators and players on this. I've heard there's a way to change the priority of troops drafted into the battle, but haven't found where this is done or whether its effective or not.

Could you send us a save file which is taken just before a battle like you described? Also, it would be great if you can zip the folder below and send to us so that we can take a look.
\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs
Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Couldn't find any saves from the date I posted this, but sent one from 5/7, which hopefully is the same game. Doesn't particularly matter if its the same game since this is a consistent problem. But if that save isn't the same game hopefully that game has advanced far enough where I have a fairly large army. Not exactly sure ow to zip file anything or send a zip file to you, but sent a couple config file copies to you via the usual (save file) way.

Hey, i have forwarded your ticket to the QA team for further inspection.Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom