Problem with doors in scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

Solution
Passages are related to the game menu iirc. Passages numbers (in the scene) match the menu-option ID. If you insert a new menu-option in the middle then you break the IDs, you always need to add them to the bottom or rearrange it for all accordingly. I have no deeper knowledge about it, others might be able to help you better at it.

P.S. #2 was more a hint to mark your other thread as solved if you have there no problems anymore :wink:
#1 that's for menus
#2 that's helpful for creating a new entry point. My problem is that the door leads to the arena not the prison like it was supposed to.
Thanks btw.

Upvote 0
Passages are related to the game menu iirc. Passages numbers (in the scene) match the menu-option ID. If you insert a new menu-option in the middle then you break the IDs, you always need to add them to the bottom or rearrange it for all accordingly. I have no deeper knowledge about it, others might be able to help you better at it.

P.S. #2 was more a hint to mark your other thread as solved if you have there no problems anymore :wink:

Upvote 1
Solution
like Eärendil wrote...

for exampe if you want to kill the tavern, don't delete the menu or you will mess things up.
(assign,"$old_menu",0), somewhere in the game_start script

"Take a walk around the streets.", [ ],"Door to the town center."), ("town_tavern",[ (neq,"$old_menu",0),

so just deactivate it.
if you want a new menu, go after arena/tavern (the latter in the order of the two).

Last edited:
Upvote 1

I added a new menu option to go to the prison directly from the town menu. This must be the cause of the bug. Thank you (and Tocan also).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom