Problem with combining armors in OpenBRF

Users who are viewing this thread

SmolSnowman

Recruit
I'm trying to combine different pieces of different armors from the mod AWOIAF together to make a different armor and it was going well but I tried importing a cape from another file in the mod and it glitches out on my character like in the 2nd image. Sorry if I did something really dumb to mess this up.
y2_Lq.jpg
E8vsW.jpg

Solution
I'm importing the mesh from a brf file in the same mod. Sorry if I didn't clarify that. Do I need to import the texture and mesh files if it's the same mod?
I understood that, yes. It does not change the fact that you need to ensure that the material and the texture of the mesh are getting loaded before. You don't need to import them since they are already present. You only need to ensure that the loading order is correct.
Sorry to ask so many questions but what is the difference between importing static mesh and importing skinned mesh?
A static mesh is basically everything which is not rigged, with "rigged" being basically synonym for "skinned". You can see that a mesh is rigged/skinned in OpenBRF if it is possible to...
It could be the Native bug that it can't call the material of the submeshes and uses the same one as for the main mesh. The same is happening at the little pictures of the inventories. Check if it looks fine in-battle, I would assume so. In that case there isn't really something you can do about it.

Upvote 0
It could be the Native bug that it can't call the material of the submeshes and uses the same one as for the main mesh. The same is happening at the little pictures of the inventories. Check if it looks fine in-battle, I would assume so. In that case there isn't really something you can do about it.
Btw, do you need to import the texture files and mat files along with the mesh files?

Upvote 0
They should only get loaded in some brf which should be in the module.ini list before the brf file in which you put the mesh. Loading order is Texture > Material > Mesh, so the texture needs to get loaded first/needs to be either in the same brf file or in one which gets loaded before.

Upvote 0
They should only get loaded in some brf which should be in the module.ini list before the brf file in which you put the mesh. Loading order is Texture > Material > Mesh, so the texture needs to get loaded first/needs to be either in the same brf file or in one which gets loaded before.
I'm importing the mesh from a brf file in the same mod. Sorry if I didn't clarify that. Do I need to import the texture and mesh files if it's the same mod?

Upvote 0
Sorry to ask so many questions but what is the difference between importing static mesh and importing skinned mesh?

Upvote 0
I understood that, yes. It does not change the fact that you need to ensure that the material and the texture of the mesh are getting loaded before. You don't need to import them since they are already present. You only need to ensure that the loading order is correct.
A static mesh is basically everything which is not rigged, with "rigged" being basically synonym for "skinned". You can see that a mesh is rigged/skinned in OpenBRF if it is possible to play an animation for it.
You don't need to export/import things from one brf to another. You can simply copy paste across brf files.

And you have still not reported it the cloak looks alright in-battle :wink:

Upvote 0
Solution

A static mesh is basically everything which is not rigged, with "rigged" being basically synonym for "skinned". You can see that a mesh is rigged/skinned in OpenBRF if it is possible to play an animation for it.
You don't need to export/import things from one brf to another. You can simply copy paste across brf files.

And you have still not reported it the cloak looks alright in-battle :wink:
The cloak just is not there in battle. Just disappeared. Also, how do you ensure the loading order is correct?

Upvote 0
So to summarize it:
- You can see the cloak at the inventory window.
- You can't see the cloak in-battle at all (which is weired because then it shouldn't show up at the inventory neither)

The cloak just is not there in battle. Just disappeared. Also, how do you ensure the loading order is correct?
Look up the mesh, material and texture entry and in which brf file they are inside. Then check in module.ini in which order they are getting loaded. Then check if they are in the correct loading order.

Upvote 0
So to summarize it:
- You can see the cloak at the inventory window.
- You can't see the cloak in-battle at all (which is weired because then it shouldn't show up at the inventory neither)

Look up the mesh, material and texture entry and in which brf file they are inside. Then check in module.ini in which order they are getting loaded. Then check if they are in the correct loading order.
I got them working again by deleting them from the item kinds and remaking them again. Sorry for the hassle. Your suggestion of just copying instead of importing made my life a lot easier.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom