problem running a warband dedicated server

Users who are viewing this thread

HokieBT

Grandmaster Knight
I'm having issues running the warband dedicated server....  I use the included batch file to start the dedicated server and it seems to start fine.  It doesn't have a -m <module> option but I assume it loads the Native module by default.  However, when I then start warband on that same machine, I am unable to Host a Game because its grayed out, and if I try to join a game it doesn't find any local servers?

The dedicated server will be under the Internet tab.

Don't forget that you can't have spaces (e.g 'Game Server) in your server name, use a '_' (e.g 'Game_Server'). You should add '-r sample.txt -m Native' anyway, just in case.

edit I forgot to mention that you also need to have the port open you set in set_port.

When you start the batch file you are effectively hitting the host a game button.  The server is up and going. The question remains is if the server made it past your ports and such or not.  Check the internet game list to see if you see it.  Also, you may have to hit start search a few times.  The host game stuff is irrelevant to hosting a detecated server through using the batch file and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom