Problem in Installing MBW

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings and lets get in it.
Few days ago I had a problem that I opened my Mount & Blade Warband (In steam) and it kept crashing all the time. So I decided to uninstall it and install again.

Well... It did not work, when I am trying to Install it back it keeps stopping here
iqKxrKN.png

When I try to continue Installing it just keeps stopping it. If I try to Play the game it tells me this
NyRkuFa.png

It says something like this ''There was a error updating Mount & Blade: Warband (Error in writing to disk)''
Anyone know how to solve this? Because I tried to Delete every M&B Warband thing off from my PC and yet it wont let me Install it back.
If you got any tips or anything please help! :grin:

Andrix said:
Have you tried canceling the installation and then starting it again? :grin:

Doesn't work, it askes for Update at middle of Installing and says it can't be updated because of the
''There was a error updating Mount & Blade: Warband (Error in writing to disk)''

On Steam, when you have Error Writing to disk, it's most likely due to the fact that your hard drive is FULL.
If you are effectively in the red on the hard drive you are installing Warband on, remove few heavy things or install it somewhere else.

In the past I also had this error but it was because my SDD drive was endlife and kept getting disconnected from my PC (unlikely for you / rare).

Ra'Jiska said:
On Steam, when you have Error Writing to disk, it's most likely due to the fact that your hard drive is FULL.
If you are effectively in the red on the hard drive you are installing Warband on, remove few heavy things or install it somewhere else.

In the past I also had this error but it was because my SDD drive was endlife and kept getting disconnected from my PC (unlikely for you / rare).

The things is that half of my hard drive is empty :p

We can then go around this issue. It's not something I really approve because you'd still have it on Steam annoying as it is, but you'll be able to play.
Simply download the non-steam version of the game from here, then proceed to the installation.

Ra'Jiska said:
We can then go around this issue. It's not something I really approve because you'd still have it on Steam annoying as it is, but you'll be able to play.
Simply download the non-steam version of the game from here, then proceed to the installation.

I have tried that aswell but for some reason that crashed aswell when I tried it. I'll try to Install that again and do it

Ra'Jiska said:
Saying 'it crashed' doesn't give much informations.
Please, do give more details and even screenshots for errors or other things that might need it.

I wen't throught alot of stuff last night and found this.

I only had to turn this off and it worked again. (After 3 days I couldn't Install it. Somehow then I could and went throught alot thingies. This was only thing working)

Run MBW -> Configure -> Video -> Turn off ''Load textures on Demand''
w1vXswa.png

a. To check disk for errors.
b. To check disk (partition) for free space.

...or, trying CCleaner? ...there's module for checking the computer registry.

www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Back
Top Bottom