Pro Tip on Baby-Making: Law of Conservation of Babies

Users who are viewing this thread

bonerstorm

Genghis Khan't
Sergeant
So I just got done beating the living **** out of my pregnant wife... in the arena. Er... devs should probably fix that, no?

Why is my wife pregnant now after months of trying in vain?

Well there's a variable for how many children a given female can have maximum and the vanilla setting is 5.

But my wife didn't get pregnant despite only having 1 child.

Why? Because my sister-in-law who I married to Najun had 4 kids.

The maximum kids variable applies to CLANS, not to WOMEN. So keep in mind that if you turn your brother into a baby factory, then your wife might not be able to have kids because of the Law of Conservation of Babies.

I set the variable maximum to 10, which I think is more reasonable in a medieval game regardless.

If that's true it a new change. @SadShogun sad in a past thread the penalty is tied to the particular woman, re-marring a new one with no kids and it's like you never had any for preproduction chance. What's more if you marry a widow he kids stay in her old clan, but you still suffer the reduced fertility for her having each kid.

So did you look ta the code or get some insider info on this, or is this just a bonertail!? ?

If that's true it a new change. @SadShogun sad in a past thread the penalty is tied to the particular woman, re-marring a new one with no kids and it's like you never had any for preproduction chance. What's more if you marry a widow he kids stay in her old clan, but you still suffer the reduced fertility for her having each kid.

So did you look ta the code or get some insider info on this, or is this just a bonertail!? ?
Well all I can say is after changing that variable, Ira got pregnant the NEXT DAY.

After several months chilling in Lycaron doing nothing with no preggers.

Also if I ever do a gaming stream, I'm gonna call it BonerTales.

Well all I can say is after changing that variable, Ira got pregnant the NEXT DAY.

After several months chilling in Lycaron doing nothing with no preggers.

Also if I ever do a gaming stream, I'm gonna call it BonerTales.
Okay but variable where, I've made 10 before so it's certainly not 5 per woman unless it's a 1.7 change.

Okay but variable where, I've made 10 before so it's certainly not 5 per woman unless it's a 1.7 change.
Other fact I forgot to mention: I left Najun in Lycaron with his wife for even more months with no preggers on her either.

At 4, she was near the theoretical max anyways... but what I've seen only makes sense with a vanilla max of 5 per clan.

If @Duh_TaleWorlds or someone else could shed light on this, that would be awesome.

No presh tho. This situation is kinda what mods are for.

Other fact I forgot to mention: I left Najun in Lycaron with his wife for even more months with no preggers on her either.

At 4, she was near the theoretical max anyways... but what I've seen only makes sense with a vanilla max of 5 per clan.

If @Duh_TaleWorlds or someone else could shed light on this, that would be awesome.

No presh tho. This situation is kinda what mods are for.
How did you increased the limits?

And I'd say otherwise, hahaha, TW needs raise the number of children per clan, unless they mean to kill everyone because the lack of children born, if that's the true case here

I have, like Ananda, always seen more than 5 on my clan.. I truly hope they didn't change that, it'll be very upsetting see this handcap as well

So I just got done beating the living **** out of my pregnant wife... in the arena. Er... devs should probably fix that, no?

Why is my wife pregnant now after months of trying in vain?

Well there's a variable for how many children a given female can have maximum and the vanilla setting is 5.

But my wife didn't get pregnant despite only having 1 child.

Why? Because my sister-in-law who I married to Najun had 4 kids.

The maximum kids variable applies to CLANS, not to WOMEN. So keep in mind that if you turn your brother into a baby factory, then your wife might not be able to have kids because of the Law of Conservation of Babies.

I set the variable maximum to 10, which I think is more reasonable in a medieval game regardless.
This is not true.
There is no limit on how many childs a clan have.
I know it because my clan has always more then 5 childs and after 10 years, my clan has over 30 members, because every wife can make up to 10 childs.
And the wifes of my clan get pregnant even they have already 10 childs, but I think 11 childs(per wife, not per clan) is the limit.

You need only more waiting in Castles/Towns and luck.

I know it because my clan has always more then 5 childs and after 10 years, my clan has over 30 members, because every wife can make up to 10 childs.
And the wifes of my clan get pregnant even they have already 10 childs, but I think 11 childs(per wife, not per clan) is the limit.
This has been my experience too, at 10 children (1 woman) the chance is dropped so low that's its just not reasonableto try to make another, but still possible, you could even have twin on the 10th :smile:
However in 1.7 I haven't got that far in the breeding game (@ 6 baboos), so I'll entertain the possibility of a ninja change until I see otherwise in 1.7 or a sad shogun sheds some light on it.

This is not true.

You need only more waiting in Castles/Towns and luck.
What @Ananda_The_Destroyer said.

I had that experience too... UNTIL booting up 1.7.0.

Is what you're describing a thing in the latest patch?

Back
Top Bottom