Private Servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

This is insane, you all believe that NW isn't Warband? An official DLC sold under Warband, it's like claiming an EU4 DLC isn't actually EU4, but rather that it is its own game. This is insane levels of delusion.

Ah but a lot of us just want something else to play. I myself bought Warband in mid 2010, started playing 'NW' in December 2011 in mm3.

I know Native has a tricky history with organised battles (essentially it died ages ago) but I do like to believe we can revive it in Bannerlord. Been playing the beta since Gamescom I think the potential is there, tried multiple native-esque mods too in Warband events (VikingR, Bello Civili etc).

Of course I understand many people want the single player, myself included. But I'd consider it a completely separate issue in this thread anyway, this is purely about multiplayer priorities imo.

Bearing the above in mind, if NW has the players, then whatever NW did is where all the money is. Being a corporate entity, Taleworlds should make note of of that ?.

Regarding NW not being Warband well, I'm afraid we'd never see eye to eye on that belief. I think it's crazy, Warband is nothing without its module system, NW is one of the most popular modules if not the most popular.

Sundeki: From what I've heard, I like your sig. :lol:
:fruity:

This is insane, you all believe that NW isn't Warband? An official DLC sold under Warband, it's like claiming an EU4 DLC isn't actually EU4, but rather that it is its own game. This is insane levels of delusion.
Regarding NW not being Warband well, I'm afraid we'd never see eye to eye on that belief. I think it's crazy, Warband is nothing without its module system, NW is one of the most popular modules if not the most popular.

Warband is a medieval combat game, based in a fictional medieval world, with both singleplayer and multiplayer, with melee combat and individual skill being the core focus of mechanics, with Archers and a unique Cavalry system, for a combined arms multiplayer combat system, in which you can choose what equipment to use.
Napoleonic Wars is (what I call) a middle-gunpowder game, with a real world basis in design and visuals, with only multiplayer, in which large numbers of players and the use of gunpowder weapons, thus making armor irrelevant, and melee combat secondary(which is simplified and streamlined), and no equipment selection.

They use the same engine. Otherwise they are not directly comparable in any way. Once again, it's like saying Garry's Mod is Counter Strike: Source because they both use the same engine.

I'll agree to disagree in regards to the whole modules. Just out of curiosity, what do people think about the lack of any MP mods? It's been something that's been on my mind, I imagine development will continue without private servers, it just seems like such a faraway place until we get MP mods in the future, though.

I'm afraid I will disagree with you there too. NW is combined arms based, individual skill matters (I won a 2v20 in melee once, it's on YouTube!), and bayonet combat while simpler in some ways requires a more eloquent fighting style ? .

Never forget, Warband would have died 8 years ago without the module system. You wouldn't be here posting right now without it. They are all Warband - what you speak of is Native.

But to argue it would no doubt be a tangential and fruitless endeavour so I will stop here on that issue!

I'll agree to disagree in regards to the whole modules. Just out of curiosity, what do people think about the lack of any MP mods? It's been something that's been on my mind, I imagine development will continue without private servers, it just seems like such a faraway place until we get MP mods in the future, though.
Lack of MP mods bothers me not at all but my biggest concern is that TW is in over their heads. My biggest fear is that EA will last a lot longer than their projection.

Lack of MP mods bothers me not at all but my biggest concern is that TW is in over their heads. My biggest fear is that EA will last a lot longer than their projection.

Funnily enough that's actually a leading cause of my concerns.

Sure my regiment isn't going to explode like the OP suggests his might, we meet up IRL often and have known eachother for years haha. But with the language being 'servers towards the end of EA', just how long do we have to wait? It's already been 8+ years.

Got 50-60 guys active in my regiment. A lot of them want to play Bannerlord, I'm extremely cautious about it especially after Holdfast, deciding when to make the 'lets go to Bannerlord' decision.

Im in the same boat as El-Presidente, and that is why I made this thread. Our people want to play Bannerlord, and we will see huge numbers of people leaving or ignoring calls to join events, basically killing our events. I agree to disagree as well but these are a community wide concern with NW, we are simply trying to survive and we most-likely cannot survive EA launch of Bannerlord. Also earlier in the thread you said that since NW survived Holdfast why can't it survive Bannerlord, Bannerlord is an established title, with a large following and years of anticipation by our community behind it with a solid foundation found in the Beta. Holdfast was announced less than a year before its release and had enormous flaws in the beginning and was an indie game by an unrealiable and new development company to the scene with only 3 members making it. Bannerlord will draw many more than Holdfast ever did, if you don't realize this then we simply can't see eye to eye and I will say again to end our enormous thread of argument, agree to disagree

Agreed. No one can say for certain how long EA will last. It's my biggest concern at the moment. Patience is a virtue afterall but with no clear time frame it makes it awfully hard to not worry.

Im in the same boat as El-Presidente, and that is why I made this thread. Our people want to play Bannerlord, and we will see huge numbers of people leaving or ignoring calls to join events, basically killing our events. I agree to disagree as well but these are a community wide concern with NW, we are simply trying to survive and we most-likely cannot survive EA launch of Bannerlord. Also earlier in the thread you said that since NW survived Holdfast why can't it survive Bannerlord, Bannerlord is an established title, with a large following and years of anticipation by our community behind it with a solid foundation found in the Beta. Holdfast was announced less than a year before its release and had enormous flaws in the beginning and was an indie game by an unrealiable and new development company to the scene with only 3 members making it. Bannerlord will draw many more than Holdfast ever did, if you don't realize this then we simply can't see eye to eye and I will say again to end our enormous thread of argument, agree to disagree
All Bannerlord is at the moment is a title. Something TW has never attempted before and far away from being established. Bannerlord likely will draw a larger audience than Holdfast but with no servers in EA, no one is going to have clan battles or anything of the sort. Your fears about your clan are, in large measure, unfounded. People may leave but if Bannerlord is a success at full release, they'll be back.

1582357807-sketch-1582357753409.jpg

Not having private servers will surely kill the MP community, which shouldn't be underestimated, there are people that are not in your "stats", they are the warband Veterans that left the game years ago when the community was still a huge thing, now that Bannerlord is near EA, they are all comming back, but if they/we have to wait for ages to be able to play MP, surely we'll lose that hype we always had.
Of course it's a disapointment.

I Agree, stop hiding behind "Early Access" ... pls make servers a thing!

We won't be sharing server files at the start of EA. It will be sometime after when we do that, perhaps closer to the full-release.

Thats wat will kill the game

If you cant hold your regiment together, i question your skills as a leader. Instead of blaming TW
Wat are you talking about, we are talking about servers! A digital home for the clan! a place where all people of the clan can play together! Not a console matchmaking system!

Not having private servers will surely kill the MP community, which shouldn't be underestimated, there are people that are not in your "stats", they are the warband Veterans that left the game years ago when the community was still a huge thing, now that Bannerlord is near EA, they are all comming back, but if they/we have to wait for ages to be able to play MP, surely we'll lose that hype we always had.
Of course it's a disapointment.
I agree

This is surely a disapointing news. I think most of the communities (regiments / clans etc..) have been building the hype on this EA release. Having stopped NW & Warband in general in 2014, I came back recently because of this EA release... and i'm disapointed. Am I alone in this situation? I can't believe I am.

I have the feeling all you people are mostly from napoleonic wars and think too high of the community as the holy grail.

Nothing is going to die you are just being insane.
If you can't hold your regiment together because a new game came out you seriously don't have any sense of unity in your regiments.

The fact is that from a technical point of view, taleworlds should first see if the servers are up to the task before releasing the server files. What's good about having a server if its constantly crashing.

Back
Top Bottom