Private Server Monetisation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spazz said:
Bridge_Troll said:
May I add something?

I dare say that I can speak for all sub-communities and such that host/pay their own servers if I say:

Please take into consideration that a at least semi professional server takes quite some resources that are only available in exchange for payment, such as a serverbox, teamspeak and/or webspace.

If you don't want to kill off a community that keeps up with their own dedicated servers, you have to give them space in order to generate some sort of countervalue to get even with running costs.

A "you keep the server running with your donation" just won't cut it to give enough incentive to potential donators, it's a simple fact.

Besides that, thanks that you and your colleagues take the time to work something out.

Kind regards,
Bridge Troll

The best of the best servers in arma 2 are still running to this day on donations alone. The thing is that they will have to really out do themselves on the game so that modders will feel welcome and home. Plug-ins and mods can really make servers stand out. Also owners should be able to host the server with additional exclusive donator slots.

Sure? To my knowledge most ArmA 2 servers, certainly the most played ones, have donator perks such as reserved slots.

Sorry it took some time, but we wanted to try and create something that would work for both our players and our server hosts.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,376447.0.html

Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom