Prisoners

Users who are viewing this thread

After defeating a faction a few times it becomes easier and easier because you are grinding down their elite units. But many of these troops are not killed but instead sold or ransomed, however you want to look at it. I think it would be a good addition to have these troops returned to villages and town, perhaps even garrisons of their culture. This way the AI would be able to rebuild their armies better and faster keeping the game more challenging.

More grind, yay! There is nothing challenging in having the AI get free elite troops. If you steamroll them already, it's boring; if you barely win, then your win does not matter!

The game becomes more challenging if there are more options/things to do, if you can influence the game in different ways with different outcomes (good or bad), etc

When a lord gets ransomed they go back in the rotation and pick up lousy recruits, doing this for regular troops would help them build up their forces quickly and makes sense. If you don’t want them to have these troops don’t take them prisoner or sell them back. Alternatively you could sell them as slaves but you’d get a lot less money for them.

When a lord gets ransomed they go back in the rotation and pick up lousy recruits, doing this for regular troops would help them build up their forces quickly and makes sense. If you don’t want them to have these troops don’t take them prisoner or sell them back. Alternatively you could sell them as slaves but you’d get a lot less money for them.
You are missing the point! I understood what you said; but your solution only adds grind. Losing a battle should be devastating for the kingdom, not a slap on the wrist. You shouldn't replenish your troops so easily (your suggestion would boost that even more).

I could see your suggestion working paired with the above change to the recruitment system (i.e., reduced troop availability, slots should recharge slower) which will never happen.

Back
Top Bottom