Prisoners, you say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Doofus

Sergeant
A couple things on prisoners...

1) https://prnt.sc/zAPgjauXRonz Over 228k denars is by far the highest value I've had for prisoners before. This included 92 lords/ladies, which is also my high at one time by about 30.

2)Recently got captured & imprisoned in Varnovopal. Since it was one of only 2 towns the Sturgians had with their 20+ clans, every time I would escape I would get recaptured before getting much past the nearest village. This pointed out 2 things I hate about the game A) If any other lords escape or are ransomed, they magically appear in one of the towns of their home kingdom. Why don't I do that? Trying to escape, on your own, while carrying a small amount of back-up equipment that slows you down is annoying. I did eventually realize I could declare peace immediately after escaping, since I'm the ruler. Then after getting back home and getting a new party built I declared war again. But meanwhile, we were paying something like 20k per day in tribute. B) They were asking for ransoms of 500k-650k for me. Yes, I understand I'm rich, but on principle I won't pay those amounts when the most I can get for an enemy lord, or even rulare is maybe 12k, and when I accept it the most they'll pay with the current bug is less than 6k. It needs to be capped. On principle I'm not going to pay an amount that I couldn't get back by ransoming 100+ lords.

On an unrelated note, I'll add this regarding the Neretzes quest line:
Previously, I've complained a lot about the Neretzes Quest having no value and making the game harder. I'll take that back now. Apparently they made a change at some point, and since I usually avoid the quests I hadn't tried it for a while. In my current game, I found if you accepted the quest and defeated the named kingdoms (For Arzargos, it would be defeat the Empire, Northern, Southern, and Western. For Istiana it would be defeat the non-empire kingdoms), the kingdoms will actually cease to exist. The lords in those kingdoms will move to other kingdoms. Previously when you accepted the quest, it would turn those kingdoms against you, but when you defeated them they would just become roaming kingdoms. There was once or twice when I had already destroyed one prior to the quest that it didn't change anything. Getting rid of kingdoms makes the game easier to actually win and I may win my first game here (having played a significant amount since buying the game more than 20 months ago. Anyways, not sure when it changed, but at least the quest does something now. Thank you, Taleworlds. There's other things you can do to improve it, but at least it has value now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom