Prisoners whom are Lords NOT STAYING IN JAIL

Users who are viewing this thread

uNsTaBL3

Recruit
Bug Description: When I defeat enemies in combat, I take them captive and place them in my castle. However, after a few days to a week, they'll disappear. The prisoners are not persistent. Also, same with garrison. Sometimes they will delete themselves.

How To Reproduce The Bug: Place garrison/prisoners in settlement or castle and wait a week, you can also try continuously placing more garrison units and prisoner. It'll disappear eventually.

How Often The Bug Occurs: Every time I place garrison or prison units.

Quest Name: N/A

NPC Name: All lords

Save Playtime(How long you've played that save/What day you're on): 28 days

Screenshot(s): N/A

Video(s):N/A

Computer Specs(Only needed for performance/graphics/stability related bugs/issues):

GPU: PNY nVidia 1660 super
CPU:i7 6700 3.40GHz
Ram:16GB
Motherboard: Asus G20CB
Storage Device: Seagate Hybrid SSD/HDD
Operating System:
Windows 10

+1

This is very annoying to me as well. I loved in Warband being able to collect all enemy lords and visit them in my dungeon. In Bannerlord, they seem to vanish magically from my well guarded dungeon and start fighting me again.

What about your food level in that settlement? Garrison seems to starve away pretty harshly as of right now.

It's unlikely that the prisoners issue is related to your garrison issue, at any rate

Are they actually vanishing or are they just breaking free? The way I see it, it should be as easy for them to break free as it is for me. Usually I don't have to wait longer than a week if I'm captured. Hoarding noble prisoners would make conquering too easy, I think. I do think it's a little too easy for the AI, however.

Last edited:
In Warband prisoner lords can escape only if their health fully recovered. In Bannerlord prisoner lords start escape attempts right after being imprisoned. I think this is the root cause of the issue.

I thought they were being auto-ransomed after a set duration. Not a fan of that, or escaping/vanishing, without telegraphing the chance or having a mechanism to reduce it - warband was pretty solid for this imo

Back
Top Bottom