Resolved Prisoners limit not being displayed properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary:

Free space is shown instead of limit, this result in issues when the dungeon has too many prisoners, the display is also obviously unintuitive.

How to Reproduce:

Space for 2 units: have 2 less prisoners than limit in dungeon

Limit not displaying: fill dungeon up to limit

Space for -2 units (Need to remove 2 prisoners): have 2 more prisoners than limit in dungeon

Media (Screenshots & Video):

58/60
image.png

60/60
image.png

62/60
image.png

Expected Behaviour:

A trainee obviously probably made this, just show the limit instead.

Still happening in the latest released version (per 20 December 2023).

Not adding to the threads on prisoner issues, as there are already several, most likely inter-related.

Exceeding the prisoner limit can occur from (not limited to):
1 Reduction in Garrison size (this could occur from various player or AI interactions with town/castle, ie attacks or fief management), which lowers the prisoner limit
2 When armies enter a town or castle, the AI place their prisoners in the dungeon (bandits, normal troops and lords/companions).

How to recreate 2
Visit a town or castle check prison status (looking for one with no prisoners, or not exceeding the limit).
Leave,
Create an army, add one companion (or npc lord) party. Capture prisoners from a battle. Enter the castle/town from before. NPC lord/companion will dump ALL their prisoners into the dungeon (this happens even in a town). I have done this in a town with army consisting of my party and one companion party. Have not tested if it happens to dungeons already overfull.
If town/castle is player controlled, it can be fixed by player (as you can remove the excess prisoners). Then either prisoner removal from party or sell in a town.
If town/castle is npc controlled, there is no player method to remove excess prisoners. Player might be able to fix by donating to the garrison.

While thinking about this issue, I thought of the possibility of players being able to buy prisoners from dungeons (assuming no faction issues). Sort of a player Ransom Broker career option.
Rogue/Charm/Trade skills could be used to improve the price.
They would add to party as prisoners, with possibility some may convert to troops.

Back
Top Bottom