Prisoner/Slave Caravans

Users who are viewing this thread

LooterBait

Recruit
The option to send a companion with as many troops needed to move a larger than normal number of prisoners to the nearest market to be sold. Or to find "captains" moving shipments of prisoners or slaves, and the option to free them and have them join you. I find myself enjoying the role of a free-roaming anti-imperial freedom fighter of mixed heritage (Sturgian/ Battanian), but outside of the early game, I find this offers little, instead leading right back to the Join or Form a kingdom. Why can't I roam around, freeing peasants from the chains of Sovereignty? Instead leaving no claim on fiefs, and letting them go their own way. I realize this bit has nothing to do with the other. But moo.

You can do underworld quests to "liberate" the people from their masters, but I'm not sure how effective it really is. Basically, the idea is to degrade local security to the point where loyalty penalties are great enough to cause the cities to enter a state of rebellion and while it's probably an exercise of futility to try to "liberate" every city on the map so that no faction has land, it's something you can attempt at least.

I don't know if it's possible to abdicate leadership as a kingdom of one, but if it isn't then another alternative is to conquer the world and then ensure your clan has no future successors and run out the clock so that, at least off-screen, the world is technically ruled by nobody lol.

As for bartering for prisoners/captives/slaves... well, theoretically, TaleWorlds could just make it possible to talk to lords and buy prisoners off of them and that'd have half the effect you're looking for at least. As for sending companions off to sell prisoners with as many troops to do so as needed... well, they could modify how clan parties works so that you make money off of prisoners they sell (and be able to check whether they sell prisoners or not). I don't think it'd break the balance of the game or anything although buying prisoners could be a shortcut to recruiting top tier troops but selling prisoners indirectly is just chump change acquired expediently.

You can do underworld quests to "liberate" the people from their masters, but I'm not sure how effective it really is. Basically, the idea is to degrade local security to the point where loyalty penalties are great enough to cause the cities to enter a state of rebellion and while it's probably an exercise of futility to try to "liberate" every city on the map so that no faction has land, it's something you can attempt at least.

I don't know if it's possible to abdicate leadership as a kingdom of one, but if it isn't then another alternative is to conquer the world and then ensure your clan has no future successors and run out the clock so that, at least off-screen, the world is technically ruled by nobody lol.

As for bartering for prisoners/captives/slaves... well, theoretically, TaleWorlds could just make it possible to talk to lords and buy prisoners off of them and that'd have half the effect you're looking for at least. As for sending companions off to sell prisoners with as many troops to do so as needed... well, they could modify how clan parties works so that you make money off of prisoners they sell (and be able to check whether they sell prisoners or not). I don't think it'd break the balance of the game or anything although buying prisoners could be a shortcut to recruiting top tier troops but selling prisoners indirectly is just chump change acquired expediently.
I was referring to a more encouraged version of it. Like say a quest marker where rebels request your help in taking the city, and then it's a fight to push them out, or quell the rebels. As for the other bit, I was thinking more of an early game rp flavor bit more than anything. Or just flavor for a good handful of rp's.

Back
Top Bottom