Prisoner rescue missions... too hard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yargling

Recruit
I recently got a mission from a lord I was working for as a merc to go to an enemy castle and rescue his son - I get there, manage to sneak in, beat the guard into a pulp, and then get the prisoner outside... and then! Well, he kinda just stands around and waits to be recaptured. I've been able to get the gate open and escape into the country side myself, but its a trival, given I'm only wearing robes and armed with only a pole - I mean, I have to fight off the garrison entirely if I want him to escape, apparently. He does sometimes move around, but he's easily knocked out if I order him to follow me, and just goes where he likes if I don't order him to go anything.

It's not very hard if you do it right, with your respect. I recommend you to follow this ways:

1. Go talk to the Prison guard.
2. Kill him and go get the prisoner.
3. Get out kill someone and get his weapons.
4. Kill everybody.

To finish the quest you have to kill all the guards coming after you.

I found the prisoner actually spawned fully equipped when he got outside and ready to kick arse and he helped a fair bit, although, he got a bit fixated on that guard which was camping the roof which he couldn't reach (at some swadian castle, dur-something). It is possible to beat them though even with robes and staff, but it's difficult and pretty much requires high melee skills, I would not want to try it on my steppe horse-archer type character.

One thing I noticed though, is that I killed the guard on the roof-ish bit with throwing weapons before entering the cell, or getting the key, no one seemed to care about it, and when I came out, he was suddenly alive again.

I rescued a Khergit lord just for the hell of it and he spawned with full equipment despite me telling him to stay back and let me deal with it. He killed most of the guards by himself, shooting two in the face and cutting the others down while I desperately ran away from a Swadian footman who was intent on 1-shotting me thanks to my health (lots of fall damage.) I finally hid behind the Khergit and he spun around like lightning and thrust his weapon into the footman's chest, an instant kill. I don't know how it is for other prisoners, but he kicked some serious Swadian behind.

Ok, thanks for the advice folks - I tried it your way and it seemed to work fine and dandy - I just assumed it was better to try and escape rather than stay and fight, heh. Had to drop the damage settings down to easiest though.

Ive rescued the prisoner, cannot end the quest though because the giver wont give me other options besides "im still working on it" and "i cannot do it".

Calous said:
Ive rescued the prisoner, cannot end the quest though because the giver wont give me other options besides "im still working on it" and "i cannot do it".
I got this bug too in the latest version -- v1.1  Looks like it still isn't fixed.

How do you get the prisoner outside? I beat up the guard went into the prison and there is nothing I can do in it.

I took this quest as well and while I was building up an army to take the castle holding the prisoner,
(I didn't realize with this quest you actually sneak into the castle and make a daring midnight raid :oops: )
Before I could attack the castle the prisoner was released by the faction holding him but the quest didn't end!
The days are still counting down but the quest is still active, so I suppose it will give me the epic fail
notification after the time limit is reached.  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom