Prisoner options?

Users who are viewing this thread

After freeing a couple of prisoners from a bandit group, I've got the option of hiring them.  If I don't hire them and simply ignore them, do I gain any advantages, such as improved relations with their home village, etc.?  Considering that I don't need their unit type at the moment (they can "upgrade" to mercenaries, and I don't want the higher upkeep costs), I don't see that there's a lot to be gained either way.  Are there any other options?

I see that Warband is getting most of the current posts and interest, and the "Native" M&B seems to be all but abandoned here.  On the other hand, with the basic game going for $6, it was hard for me to justify spending $27 for M&B WB without having explored the original game's contents.

So far, it's looking good, but I'd just about kill for a more complete "economy", where various raw materials and food (iron, wheat, beef) are gathered or raised in the villages, and then converted into "finished products" (weapons and armor, cheese, wine, bread) in the towns and then distributed to the villages, other towns, and castles to be "consumed", with "upgrades" possible at each step along the way (such as better wagons for the caravans; better plows and mining tools for the villages; better mills and smithys for the towns).

Well,its better to sell them into ransom brokers in taverns or ramun the slave trader, its not nice recruiting your prisoners because
you will lose lots of morale if you do and if u dont upgrade them then they will leave your party at night.

I'd have thanked you for the information back in October, but it's February, and I've long since answered those questions by playing the game for 4 months since then.

That said, I'd still kill for a functional economy that you can affect at various stages, rather than a couple of nearly useless one-shot "upgrades", or supply caravans being the major determinant of prosperity.  Maybe in M&B II, if we're lucky.

Back
Top Bottom