Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

batuhanduman

Summary:
I'm playing on the main version. I'm not using a mod. I sell the prisoner in the city, the money comes, but prisoner still have it:
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: gtx 1650 super 4gb
GPU Driver Version: up to date
CPU: r5 1600 af
RAM:16gb
Motherboard: A320
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):SSD

Hello, if you sell your prisoners through the tavern menu they will be ransomed immediately and won't appear in the prisoner list. As long as you get the money for the prisoners, this situation is intended. If the problem is something else please let me know.

Hello, if you sell your prisoners through the tavern menu they will be ransomed immediately and won't appear in the prisoner list. As long as you get the money for the prisoners, this situation is intended. If the problem is something else please let me know.
This is what I mean. But the prisoner still stays with me. I am constantly getting his ransom. Isn't a bug? You can already see my money below right. :grin: the last time was 30k

@uçanbiblo I came to post the same bug but found this thread, should I still create another post ? (got it in e1.5.9)

My reproduction steps for e1.5.9:
1. Have some hero prisoners in your party
2. Go in an allied settlement (castle or city both work) and use "Donate prisoners" in the dungeon
20210414174910-1.jpg

3. Put any hero prisoner in the settlement prisoners roster (note: the one you put will be the bugged ones)
20210414174917-1.jpg

4. Use the Reset feature (get back the prisoners)
5. Leave the menu (either with Cancel or Done, both works)
6. Go in the tavern menu
7. Ransom your prisoners
=> you will get money for all the prisoners but the hero ones used in step 3 will stay in your party, allowing to use the feature again
20210414174936-1.jpg

I kept the save if needed. I can upload it before or after reproduction steps (or both).
(note: I am using two small mods in my savegame but they should not impact prisoner management whatsoever)

Hello, i can forward the save file to the QA team for further inspection. But if it is modded i am not sure if they can inspect it at all. Can you please manually remove the mod files, verify the integrity of the game files and try to reproduce the issue on a new campaign? If the problem is persistent please send us the new save file.

Hello,
I have removed all mods, verified files and re-saved my game without the modules.
I am still able to reproduce with the same steps and thereby I uploaded the save file with a link to this thread / my reproduction message.
If the issue is not reproducible on your side I will try with a fresh campaign (don't have one within easy reach).

Hello, i don't think the QA team can find reliable evidence in a modded save file. Can you please send us a new, un-modded campaign file if you can reproduce the issue on it?

@Kazet
If you press Alt + ` , and then type: config.cheat_mode=1 , you can give your new test character a bunch of stuff to enable you to capture some lords without having to play for dozens of hours to get back up to the point where you can capture lords. Don't forget to turn it off again afterword with config.cheat_mode=0, as your setting is remembered between sessions.

But, @uçanbiblo, aren't there any internal testers that could check this? Seems like this is an awful lot of legwork for a paying customer to be doing, gratis. It should be enough for him to let you know that there's a bug, and give you the WTR, and that's when the paid testers come in. No?

I spent two full hours yesterday writing up Bannerlord bug reports with screenshots etc. I'm not getting paid to do this; I'm doing it because I want the game to be better. But when a player puts in the effort to make a bug report with WTR and such, and then gets asked to do even more 'heavy lifting' so that none of the paid testers have to spend time on it, well... it makes a player not very inclined to report bugs anymore. Which may make some of the QA people happy, as they can then just ignore the bug instead of spending effort on it, but that isn't how it's supposed to go, is it?

Last edited:
Hello, @Will Greaves as you know not everyone has the same problem with their games. For instance, i have never had any kind of bug that is the same or even similar to this one with my game. That's why we ask for information like un-modded saved games or videos, to save time on trying to reproduce an issue otherwise we might not reproduce after all.
On top of this, the nature of our game is a sandbox/simulation game, rather than a linear experience means that most of the time reproducing a single bug will depend on so many factors to come together. This means, in other words, they are really hard to reproduce on our end.

Which may make some of the QA people happy, as they can then just ignore the bug
which is the opposite of this.

Hello @uçanbiblo, I have found the same bug to be reproducable in my unmodded save file, which I have uploaded to the adress provided further up the chain. My steps to reproduce were exactly the same as those that Kazet provided.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom