Users who are viewing this thread

I find it strange I cannot prioritize which lord or companion gets to recruit from settlements when in an army. Whenever I go to a settlement to try to recruit soldiers my lords get priority over me. After they are finished recruiting there is rarely anyone left for me.
Is there a way to make it where I get priority over my lords?

I find it strange I cannot prioritize which lord or companion gets to recruit from settlements when in an army. Whenever I go to a settlement to try to recruit soldiers my lords get priority over me. After they are finished recruiting there is rarely anyone left for me.
Is there a way to make it where I get priority over my lords?
yes good point. they always instantaneous recruit on arrival. It would be better if they recruited on leaving so the player has the option first. @Duh_TaleWorlds would this be a possible change?

If I'm desperate for troops, I'll disband the army then race around recruiting .. but usually I'll let my generals recruit first then I pickup the highest level soldiers.

I always keep prisoners in my army, convincing them to join when needed.

If I'm desperate for troops, I'll disband the army then race around recruiting .. but usually I'll let my generals recruit first then I pickup the highest level soldiers.

I always keep prisoners in my army, convincing them to join when needed.

Yes there are multiple ways of keeping enough men in your party. But there are instances where you should not want to use a workaround because the other lords have the first pick. I think that moving recruiting for the AI nobles on leaving instead of entering will keep the current system intact, but will give te player the first pick.

Besides the OP point:
I would like a system where while you are on campaign, you can order a companion/clanmember to gather x amount of men from x garrison to refill your party. The same with supplies. With a specially made caravan or by a regular allied caravan.
Of course they could be attacked while on route.

I always recruit the prisoners on an extended campaign, but I don't actually like it. I like the look of a more homogeneous army where my units look noticeable different then the enemy.

Yes there are multiple ways of keeping enough men in your party. But there are instances where you should not want to use a workaround because the other lords have the first pick. I think that moving recruiting for the AI nobles on leaving instead of entering will keep the current system intact, but will give te player the first pick.

Besides the OP point:
I would like a system where while you are on campaign, you can order a companion/clanmember to gather x amount of men from x garrison to refill your party. The same with supplies. With a specially made caravan or by a regular allied caravan.
Of course they could be attacked while on route.

I always recruit the prisoners on an extended campaign, but I don't actually like it. I like the look of a more homogeneous army where my units look noticeable different then the enemy.
Those are very good ideas! I don't like recruiting my prisoners because it lowers the morale of my soldiers. I don't have the perks to counteract that.

I had previously discussed this with Mexxico (a year or so ago), but there were some concerns. I don't quite recall the details but we can look into it.
thank you for the reply.
Even if this change has unforeseen difficulties and can not be made, it would be informative to know what these are.
It is very easy to give suggestions on the forum without having to look at the complexity.

Back
Top Bottom