Prinz Ferdinand von Preußen Musketier-Regiment Nr. 34

Users who are viewing this thread

damonkey

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Prinz_Ferdinand_Colonel_Flag.jpg
Prinz_Ferdinand_Ordonnance_Flag.jpg

The Colonel's Flag (Left) and Regiment Flag (Right) of the Regiment

Historical Information of the Regiment

The regiment was raised on June 28 1740 for Prince Ferdinand, Frederick II's younger brother. Its troops came initially from the II. Garde, Grenadier Garde, Garrison Regiment I and Garrison Regiment II.

On August 26 1756, when the Prussian army proceeded to the invasion of Saxony, the regiment was part of the centre column led by Frederick II. More precisely, it belonged to Keith's Corps. The centre column had concentrated at Brietzen and advanced unopposed upstream along the Elbe River by Torgau and Wittenberg, leaving Meissen to its left. On September 6, it encamped at Rothschönberg and finally reached Wilsdruf. While the main Prussian army moved forward to engage the Austrian army at Lobositz (October 1), the regiment remained in the Pirna Country to maintain the blockade of the Saxon Army which surrendered on October 17.

In 1757, the regiment took part in the invasion of Bohemia. On Wednesday May 4, it joined Keith's Corps near Prague. On May 6, it did not take part in the Battle of Prague, it was rather deployed on the left bank of the Moldau near the Weissenberg as part of Keith's Corps. On November 22, the regiment took part in the Battle of Breslau where it was deployed in Prince Ferdinand's Brigade, in the first line of the infantry centre. This brigade took the brunt of the Austrian attack and immediately counter-attacked. Prince Ferdinand had to rally his disordered units but his second attack was beaten back once more and his brigade had to retire. During this battle, the regiment lost 19 officers and 454 men. On December 4, the first battalion of the regiment was in the rearguard when the Prussian army under Frederick II advanced straight towards the Austrian camp in the area of Leuthen. On December 5 at the Battle of Leuthen, the first battalion of the regiment was deployed in Oldenburg's Brigade in the second line of the left wing of the infantry centre.

In the spring of 1758, the regiment took part in the invasion of Moravia and in the unsuccessful Siege of Olmütz. On June 30, recruits destined to the regiment bravely fought in the Combat of Domstadl. On October 14, the regiment fought in the Battle of Hochkirch where it formed part of Retzow's Corps near Weissenberg.

In 1759, the regiment spent most of the campaign in the camp of Schmottseiffen in Silesia. On September 2, at least one battalion of the regiment, as part of Zieten's Corps, fought in the combat of Sorau. On December 3, Frederick sent this regiment (or Alt Braunschweig regiment) to reinforce the small isolated Prussian force under Major-General Dierecke who had taken post at Meissen. This small corps was attacked by a much stronger Austrian force. This reinforcement took position on the left bank of the Elbe to the north and south of Meissen. Its artillery silenced the Austrian guns planted at Proschwitz and Pellegrini was forced to move them back to Zscheila where they resumed their cannonade. During the ensuing Combat of Meissen the Prussians were forced to retire.

On August 15 1760, the regiment took part in the Battle of Liegnitz where it suffered heavy losses. For their conduct during this battle, all captains of the regiment received the Pour le mérite.

In June 1761, the regiment took part in a raid in Greater Poland. In October, it was transferred to the Pomeranian theatre of operation. In December, it took part in the unsuccessful attempt to relieve Colberg. On December 12, it fought in the Combat of Spie.

On July 6 1762, the regiment might have taken part in the Combat of Adelsbach. From August to October, it was at the siege and recapture of Schweidnitz.

About Us
The Nr34 is a basic line infantry regiment that has a purpose of delivering enjoying gameplay to its members by means of disciplined line and battle doctrine. The leader of the regiment has had just under five years of linebattle experience, and has a seasoned and welcoming command staff.

Organization of the Regiment
The regiment acts on the field as a single, independent Battalion formation. The formation is under the overall leadership of the Oberstleutnant, who leads with the Hauptmann and Leutnants, as well as coordinates with the Feldwebels and other Unteroffiziers.

Ranks

OffiziereUnteroffiziereSoldaten
Oberstleutnant (ObLt)Hauptfeldwebel (HFw)Obergefreiter (OGfr)
Major (Major)Feldwebel (Fw)Gefretier (Gfr)
Kapitän (Kapitan)Unteroffizier (Uffz)Grenadier (Grn)
Oberleutnant (OLt)Korporal (Kpl)Musketier (Mkt)
Leutnant (Lt)Rekrut (Rkt)
Roster

Bataillon Stabs Grenadier Kompanie Nr.1Musketier Kompanie Nr.1
Oberstleutnant Heinz KönitzerKapitän JakeLeutnant Kramer
Korporal GukuKorporal Peasant_Cleaver
Obergefreiter SpragginsMusketier Frisbee
Gefreiter WillishayaMusketier Wilshire
Grenadier JibbsMusketier Bun-Bun
Grenadier XenokratisMusketier Salmon
Musketier Mag
Musketier Kenny
Musketier Bulldog
Musketier BradtheImpaler
Looking to Join the Ranks?

If you believe you are looking for a regiment that uses discipline to win the day, then we encourage you to consider the Nr16 as your next home. If you would like to enlist, please fill out the application below, and post it as a reply to this thread.

Code:
[b]In-Game Name:[/b]
[b]Steam Name:[/b]
[b]Time Zone:[/b]
[b]By Submitting this application, I hereby proclaim to forever act in a manner above those around me. I proclaim not to slander the regiment's name, its members, or its values. I proclaim to look for oppurtunities to expand the regiment wherever possible, and proclaim that if I feel like I can no longer remain active or do not like the regiment, I will calmly submit a resignation in a discrete and respectable manner.[/b]

• Thank you for your interest in our thread. Any questions can be sent via PM to the creator of this thread, DaMonkey. Have a enjoying gaming experience regardless of what regiment you choose, if any, and have a nice day.

Signed,
      Oberstleutnant Heinz Könitzer, Kommandant der Musketier-Battalion Nr. 1, Nr34 Prinz Ferdinand Musketier-Regiment

Back
Top Bottom