+Previous+ Old Thread - Closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke_Kenneth

Sergeant
This thread has been closed. Please see the appropriate threads in the sticky list that have taken over this threads's functionality.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,237.0.html

The Rise of Clans and Kings (ROCK)
A Global Multiplayer Campaign for Mount & Blade: Warband

• Lead Campaign Administrator: Duke Kenneth (wK)
    • Campaign Administrators: Logan (PTK), Mad Dawg (Balion), Mandorallin (GK [Ghaern]) & Accepting Applications
    • Campaign Moderators: Big Boss (LES), AlphaDog, Vendigr (GK), CalamityuP (wK [Calamity]) & Accepting Volunteers

Clan Listing:
    The Grand Order of West Knights (wK)
        (Swadian Feudal Lordship) www.WScommunity.us
    Court of Reveran (CoR)
        (Rhodok Raiding Force) www.reveran.com
    Defenders of Faith (DoF)
        (Vaegir Republic) http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157717.0.html  /  http://defendersoffaith.proboards.com/
    Brothers Rabbit (BR)
        (Swadian Feudal Lordship)  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,171439.msg4137120.html#msg4137120 / http://brothersrabbit.webs.com/
    The Golden Kingdom (GK)
        (Swadian Feudal Lordship)  www.leagueofrevolution.com  /  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,129225.0.html
    Hoplites of Macidonia (HoM)
        (Sarranid Conquering Military) (no website or clan thread)
    Kingdom of Avalon (KoA)
        (Vaegir Republic / pre-registration completed)    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,133936.0.html
    Knights of the Imperial Falcon (KoIF)
        (Nordic Feudal Lordship)    www.ptkclan.com
    The Midnight Watchmen (TMW)
        (Nordic Mercenary Company)  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151308.0.html  /  http://www.themidnightwatchmen.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=jhk8vpt67buvln7j4ljg91vqj5;wwwRedirect
    Samurai (Samurai)
        (Vaegir Conquering Military) www.samurai-clan.ucoz.net
    Clan Cameron (CC)
        (Nordic Raiding Force) http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,184158.0.html  /  http://www.cc.faww2.com/
    The Golden Kingdom Rebels (Rebel)
        (Rhodok Rebellion) http://www.xfire.com/communities/gkrebels  /  leagueofrevolution.com (pending)
    Foolocracy of Fedner (FF)
        (Rhodok Raiding Force) http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,184245.0.html  /  http://foolsofepeshe.webs.com/
    Guard of Ergellon (GoE)
        (Rhodok Republic) http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,153691.0.html

Freelancer Listing:
    AlphaDog
        PST / Melee or Cav (no contact info provided)
    MrX
                                    (TW PM)
    findecanno (PRT_Beer, Carlito)
                                    (TW PM)
    Shemaforash (Shemaforash of Sarrdak/Ivy)
                                    (TW PM)
    Grenday
                                    (TW PM)
    fortinbras_martel (BkS_Fortinbras)
                                    (TW PM)
    Shrike
                                    (TW PM)

[size=10pt]Following the events of the single player campaign…
    At last, for the first time since the reign of the Emperors, there was peace in Caladria. Through the fierce spirit of her people and the military brilliance of her king, King Harlus the Great, Swadia expanded until she contained the entire known world. This mighty empire endured for several generations, until the reign of King Harlus the Mad. While the personal merits of this King Harlus can be debated, for a certainty, he lacked the political aptitude to run a kingdom. However, the kingdom was strong and may have indeed survived to be inherited by the king’s son, if not for the conspiracy. The King is dead and the heir has been murdered. Whether or not these revolutionaries were acting for noble or ignoble ends, is not and may not ever be clear. What is clear is the result: War in Caladria.
    (Special thanks to Logan for the introductory lore.)

It is in these trying times that “The Rise of Clans and Kings” takes place. Take the destiny of Caladria into your hands as the now shattered nation seeks stability in a new order. Do you seek to put your own claimant on the throne, carve out a piece of land all for yourself, protect the common folk from the ravages of war, or perhaps add to their plight while taking advantage of the chaos? Do you gather a loyal band of compatriots and shape the very foundation of the new Caladria or do you hire yourself out as a freelancer with no other care than your next meal? The choice is yours.

More information will be forthcoming. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread, PM me on these forums, or message me on Steam (ID: Duke_Kenneth).

However, if you clan is definitely interested in participating I strongly encourage you to pre-register. In addition to securing your choices, you will give us some forewarning on the number and types that will be playing, allowing us to start working on the map earlier. To pre-register, respond to this thread with the following template:
    Name of Clan:
    In-game Tag: *
    Contact Person & Means of Contact: *
    Approx. Number of Players:
    Nation Type: *
    Faction: *
    Recruiting: Y/N, If Y, requirements or link to them *
    Clan Thread & Website: *
    Lore Overview:

*Required to be considered preregistered.

F.A.Q. (Note that the dates in the F.A.Q are outdated - the schedule will be updated presently; we are looking at a mid-August launch.)

What is ROCK?
    ROCK is the abbreviation for “The Rise of Clans and Kings” which is a global multiplayer campaign for Mount & Blade: Warband.
    What does “multiplayer campaign” mean?
    ROCK seeks to provide some context, lore, role-play elements, and a sense of consequence to clan scrimmages by linking them in a campaign. The best way to think of the campaign is a giant “Risk” game where instead of rolling the dice to determine the outcome of battles, you play a M&B:W game.
    So, do just clan leaders influence the campaign map?
    Absolutely not! The analogy of a “Risk” game is just so people can get a general idea of the concept. ROCK keeps track personal property and money independent from your clan. Territory that is owned by a clan is divided among its members and those members now have control over its incomes, armies, etc.
    That sounds complicated! How do you keep track of all of that and what if I don’t want to deal with all that stuff?
    All of the campaign management is done through a web-based text interface that in-turn generates a graphic campaign map at the end of each cycle. If you don’t feel like learning enough about the campaign to manage your own territory however, you can give someone you trust the permissions to do it for you.
    Do I need a clan to join?
    No – there is the possibility to be a freelancing mercenary. You will still be able to participate in most of the in-game activities. However, you will not be able to own land and so your influence over the campaign as a whole will be limited.
    If the campaign is truly “global”, how do you compensate for ping and time differences?
    First of all, yes, the campaign is truly global. We want to create an experience that will be the definitive M&B:W campaign. Ping and time-zones are, of course, slightly problematic but we compensate in several ways. Most notably, as this is a territory control campaign, often times there will be a “defender”. If this is the case, the defender gets to play on their home server. Additionally, clans are clustered by time-zone on the campaign map; this will get faded as the campaign progresses but it should simplify matters at least initially. There are several other ways that ping is taken into account but as they are tightly tied to some still unconfirmed rules, we cannot discuss them until July 15th.
    What game modes are played?
    All encounters begin as either as Battle or Siege and can progress to TDM depending on the outcome.
    Why should I pre-register my clan?
    Any clans that pre-register (currently open) are assured their choice of faction and nation type. Registering during the normal period still provides access to all types of nations but there is a small chance that you will not be allowed your first choice if the previous selections have been unbalanced. Late registrations can only enter as a Mercenary Company.
    WTF is a ‘nation type’?
    Nation Type refers to the character of your clan in the campaign. Below is a list of the various nation types you can select.
    When registering, you will be asked to select a “Nation Type” that describes the overall character of your guild. Note that as this is an entirely player-generated campaign, no decisions will be made for you, but the powers associated with your selection here will guide you towards a certain style of play. Considering that and the fact that your “Nation Type” cannot be changed once the campaign begins, choose wisely.

Conquering Military: Your enemies fall quickly to your disciplined armies and once you have secured them, you waste no time converting the population (by force if necessary) and establishing rule of law. After all, loyalty and unity are paramount.
    Powers: “Cultural Dominance” & “Overlords”
    Factions: Swadia, Saranid, Vaegrirs

Feudal Lordship: You are content to sit in your castles and benefit from the work of your serfs/ slaves in peacetime; however, should you feel threatened, you have no difficulty assembling your bannermen and marching to war. Personal honor and defense of your homeland are your motivation.
    Powers: “Paranoia” & “Prosperity”
    Factions: Swadia, Saranid, Nords

Mercenary Company: Be it for the glory, the thrills, the gold, or to win the love of that out-of-your-league girl, you have turned war into your profession and come to rely on your fellows as brothers. Your sword is likely available to the highest bidder, for you worship diligently at the altar of gold and glory.
    Powers: “Adaptable Tactics” & “War, not Politics”
    Factions: Swadia, Nords, Khergits

Raiding Force: You take what you want from wherever you want, those stuffed-up arrogant lords be damned! The world is for the strongest to take and the weak to get out of the way. You pillage, plunder, rape, and loot, with little thought besides your next meal. Nothing is sacred to you.
    Powers: “Looting” & “Hated”
    Factions: Rhodoks, Nords, Khergits

Rebellion: The world has conspired against you, but no longer! You have rallied the similarly unfortunate, and risen up in a sea of blood to claim what should have been yours long ago. After ages spent beholden to ungrateful lords, your freedom and success are all that matter now.
    Powers: “Sword in the Shadows” & “Liberators”
    Factions: Rhodoks, Khergits, Vaegrirs

Republic: Despite the land going up in flames around you, your motives to protect your people remain pure. Now that your land is safe you set out to educate and free the rest of the land from oppressors. You are a beacon of light and freedom in this dark medieval world.
    Powers: “Popular Love” & “Personal Property”
    Factions: Saranid, Rhodoks, Vaegrirs
    What if I don’t have all the information needed to pre-register yet?
    Please submit what you have because it will still give us an idea what to expect but you will not get the benefits of pre-registration until you do so. I will, however, add you to the clan listings on the first post (possibly making recruiting easier). Likewise, if you are looking for a clan to join for the campaign, respond to this post and I will put your contact info up.
    Are we using custom maps? / Do you want me to submit my clan's?
    YES! YES! YES! We are requesting all custom scenes that the clans are willing to let us use, particularly siege and battle scenes. We will be posting more details regarding custom scenes shortly. Clans submitting siege scenes will get to have first selection when it comes to assigning starting castles.
    [/spoiler]

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,181135.0.html][IMG]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/2iNj6s6icDoUuq1xlnGoYy32b79NOJi57ooWeXOQ4wnW60_8GjXBLT0bwIpC4GsIMR0asSuI2OdIoUampMTEeMh3jw=s512[/IMG][/url]

***Obviously this is not all of the information regarding the campaign. A lot of the ruleset is being finalized with the campaing admins currently. The complete ruleset will be forthcoming.
[/spoiler]

Good job Kenneth for getting this posted so quickly.  Looking forward to this and hoping tons of Warband players and clans jump on board right away.  This might put new life back into Warband and get up the numbers again  :smile:

How many players will each battle or siege be played with?

7 v 7 ?

10 v 10 ?

EDIT: Khergits will be allowed ? Will random plains be a map choice ?  :???:

You can only pick one faction the whole campaign ?

So 4 questions  :smile: sorry  :oops:

So lets say Balion for example brings 8 people and GK brings 20 people

Can GK field all 20 at the same time vs Balion's 8 ? if GK is allowed to field all 20 vs Balion's 8 Im sure GK would destroy Balion round after round just because they outnumber them so much

Hope you dont mind all these questions  :oops:

So my question is would it be 20 vs 8 ? each round or 8 vs 8 each round ?

Also dont feel like you have to answer this RIGHT NOW as It seems the rules and such are still being set-up

Thanks for the post on our forums, Kenneth - you beat me too it as I read this post last night heh.  The effort to bring the community together is much appreciated.

Anyway, I'm sure GK will want to be involved in some capacity though we need to discuss how we want to handle it before we can give a detailed answer (but you'll get one by the 18th methinks).

and yeah, more info on nation powers and anything else would be helpful.

Great to hear about the interest guys! I've updated the first post with DoF and CoR.

Mandorallin, I would love it if GK is able to participate (especially if that means we get to use your maps  :razz:  ).

John7 said:
So lets say Balion for example brings 8 people and GK brings 20 people

Can GK field all 20 at the same time vs Balion's 8 ? if GK is allowed to field all 20 vs Balion's 8 Im sure GK would destroy Balion round after round just because they outnumber them so much

Hope you dont mind all these questions  :oops:

So my question is would it be 20 vs 8 ? each round or 8 vs 8 each round ?

Also dont feel like you have to answer this RIGHT NOW as It seems the rules and such are still being set-up

Also, with regard to your question John, as of now, yes GK would be able to field all 20 players against Balion's 8. However, if Balion and GK entered the battle with the same number of reinforcements, Balion could 'lose' every round (taking 8 casualties) but so long as they kill 9 of GK's soldiers a round, they'd come out on top.
This was the best balance we could find between encouraging large clans to participate and rewarding active clan membership but at the same time allowing smaller elite or more disciplined clans to be effective.
This section of the rules is still being discussed with the campaign administrators and probably wont be 100% finalized until July 15th. If the community has any crazy ideas, we would love to hear them - I think we've gone through all of the 'normal' options though.  :???:

Keep the questions coming! :grin:

This looks really promising Kenneth.

Duke_Kenneth said:
GK would be able to field all 20 players against Balion's 8. However, if Balion and GK entered the battle with the same number of reinforcements, Balion could 'lose' every round (taking 8 casualties) but so long as they kill 9 of GK's soldiers a round, they'd come out on top.

Gotta say, this seems like the best option to do this. It could also force the outnumbering team to match the numbers with the other team.

I also have some questions in mind, but would like to see the rules before asking anything. Will be following this thread from now on. Good luck ^^

Seems a little complicated, often more simple things work best. Nevertheless, I will show this to PRT and see if they are interested.

BlackTide said:
If LES doesn't sign up then put me down as a freelance merc.
I showed Hasek this thread, he said it was interesting, and maybe something we should participate in :razz:

alright, now I'm getting confused with the battle setup as well.  Are player numbers ignored? As in regardless of how many players you have available at a given time, you still only have X units available to fight a given battle?  Though obviously you can only field as many as you have players...

Let's go with a few scenarios,  Balion vs GK just to give some names:

- Both teams have 10 players.
- Both teams field 10.
- Both have 15 reinforcements.

2a.
- GK has 8 players, Balion have 10 players
- Both field 8 (so Balion volunteers to have 2 sit, or is that possible?)
- Both have 15 reinforcements (would the +2 players then count towards reinforcements for Balion)

2b.
- As above, but Balion field their full 10.

- GK has 12, Balion has 12
- Both field 12
- GK has 10 reinforcements, Balion has 5

How would each team win?  So essentially you have X lives available to you at a given fight, regardless of how many people you can field, and when your number of lives reaches 0 (or you retreat [ is that possible?]) your team is defeated... so you just decide beforehand how many lives are being utilized, both teams know how many lives each team has before the fight, then they go until the deaths for one team reaches their limit?

And should I even ask about sieges? lol.

alright, yeah I understand now.  Should work alright, just need to remember to count deaths as you go (in the event someone has to leave or your field limit decreases due to casualties).

Thanks for the clarification.

And the TDM thing, I take it that basically means first to kill their enemy to the limit of the army wins...

So army A has 200 units, army B has 250 - A has to get 250 kills before B gets to 200 in order to win, correct?

Mandorallin said:
alright, yeah I understand now.  Should work alright, just need to remember to count deaths as you go (in the event someone has to leave or your field limit decreases due to casualties).

Thanks for the clarification.
Right, counting deaths will be the tricky part - we have several ppl trying to steal the TDM scoring script and stick it into battle so the game will do it for us, but so far, to no success.

Mandorallin said:
And the TDM thing, I take it that basically means first to kill their enemy to the limit of the army wins...

So army A has 200 units, army B has 250 - A has to get 250 kills before B gets to 200 in order to win, correct?

Exactly. :smile:

So I guess this could be used on almost every game mode? Most popular ones are Battle and Siege but TDM or even CTF could force clans to think/act differently. I like where this is going, this could actually influence some European clans to stop playing Battle all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom