PREVIOUS EVENT: Val de Saire (May 17th)

Users who are viewing this thread

hrotha said:
The count (Richard) and his retainers are probably having a nice lunch in Rouen; Niel is the viscount. :razz:

I cannot read properly.  :cry: So a viscount seems more like the local administrator, right hand to the count and his interests. A bit like the ministeriales where often used in the Empire, no (apart from being ultimately of servile origin) ? But why would such an person not have some cavalry on him ?

Oh, the viscount would have cavalry alright, but that doesn't mean he won't choose to deploy it elsewhere in the battlefield while he and his closest retainers dismount to fight. It's entirely at Niel's (Joub's) discretion.

hrotha said:
Oh, the viscount would have cavalry alright, but that doesn't mean he won't choose to deploy it elsewhere in the battlefield while he and his closest retainers dismount to fight. It's entirely at Niel's (Joub's) discretion.

Okay, gotcha. I understood it that way that the viscount and his retinue wont even be able to field cavalry in theory.

Alas, I can not attend this myself, as I am returning from my trip to London on 17th.
Hope you guys have fun, though!  :party:

Hey all, been a while,

May or may not remember me, I am/was "Serle" from William's "Les Maisnees del Vis****e d'Iveri" - which seems to be dead?
Sad, if so (though, William always made it all about his character ... haha).
But I have a potato for an internet connection these days, so I can't do much about it anyways.

That said, I'd love to participate if I can make it and all that.
I guess you can just put me under the Norman public host as "Serle d'Ivri".

Do we even have an active Norman clan now, though?

- Serle d'Ivry

P.S. Damn, my signature is still Val-es-Dunes.. which was 3 years ago!
Wow, time flies..

Welcome back, Serle! Yeah, there are no active Norman clans at the moment. They were never the most popular bunch, I guess.

PS: make your tag "d'Iveri", as it should be the proper Old French form :wink:

hrotha said:
Welcome back, Serle! Yeah, there are no active Norman clans at the moment. They were never the most popular bunch, I guess.

PS: make your tag "d'Iveri", as it should be the proper Old French form :wink:
Thanks for the correction.

And yeah, I'm fairly sure Normans are always the underdogs here. :wink:
If I had a better ISP, I'd try to start a new clan, but I'm also from North America (California to be exact), so it'd be pretty.. difficult to manage all round.
But I do have some ideas about that, if I were to do it, Hrotha.

- Serle

Well, that looks interesting, sign me in under Cyrlisce Scipmenn with the name Offa Wermunding
One question though: Will it run okay with M&B 1.166?

Serle, you should give it a go. Deorlaf here is from NA too and that didn't stop him. :smile:
rajiphun said:
Well, that looks interesting, sign me in under Cyrlisce Scipmenn with the name Offa Wermunding
One question though: Will it run okay with M&B 1.166?
Víkingr is standalone, so it doesn't interfere with your standard, up-to-date M&B installation, provided your key is compatible.

Hopefully its okay if I ask here instead of gravedigging the Old Norman thread. Id like to call my character Boemunt the Bear, so it should be Boemunt li ? Do we even know such words in old Norman or would I have to rely on old French ?

fysaga said:
Hopefully its okay if I ask here instead of gravedigging the Old Norman thread. Id like to call my character Boemunt the Bear, so it should be Boemunt li ? Do we even know such words in old Norman or would I have to rely on old French ?
The link to that thread is in the first reply. :wink:

I replied over there.

hrotha said:
fysaga said:
The link to that thread is in the first reply. :wink:

I replied over there.

Okay, I just thought it would be more appropriate to ask here.

Sign us Gægningas up for Engla Scipfyrd, thanks!

Gægningas
Folk of Gægn

*Þéodríc Fýrfeax Gægninga*

Wulfgár Gægninga

Éadmǽr Gægninga
Wulfstán Gægninga
Gódríc Gægninga
Denewulf Gægninga
Sigefriþ Gægninga
Rǽdweald Gægninga

Total: 8

(Men so far. More to come hopefully!)