PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Sulcoit (8/12/13)

Users who are viewing this thread

Superb event! Really good fun. The objective map really added a nice bit of tactical depth to the proceedings, and made it all the more immersive in my opinion.

tx5v.jpg

One of (if not the) best events I've been to so far. Great job, organizers! Good game, players! :smile:

You folks make me very proud of having been involved in the making of this mod! :grin:

Great fun spilling and being spilled copious amounts of blood tonight! I believe we peeked at around 150 participants or so.

Great job by the organizers! Thanks for the fun :!:
And well done to the people whom were fighting under Leiðangrslið Hlymreks, I was really surpirsed how good they were fighting and standing the ground around the battles for the middle flag conquest.
It was awesome that we managed to make some kind of tactical fights with so many people.

Deffinitely the best event yet. The tactical stress on conquest and siege was superb! Great fun, great fun!

Some screenshots:

Ready to join Odin in his corpse-hall. Long live Ívarr Konungr!

2PgQz.jpg

The struggle is over. Many battle-scars were won on this red day.

6uws4.jpg

Huzzah! Bring the ale and wenches for Hlymreki is ours!

nto5W.jpg

Now, while this community is probably one of the best I've ever seen, I still feel this is relevant:
This is also an injoke, so if you want to know what it's about, well, good luck :wink:
I'd also want to do a couple of shoutouts: All the host leaders, awesome job. Both factions were lead in a damn entertaining way so a shoutout to Ualraig Fer Áraig and Halfdan Væringja jarl (even if he died a lot). So, moving on to Ketill af Hlymreki for being a badass viking warrior, all the pubbers for making me remember the times I've fought in the public hosts with joy, I'd fight with you any day of the year. Finally a shoutout to Celtic, because we damn well would not have had this awesome event without him. And of course apologies for posting here twice :razz:

Good game everyone! I had a nice time, and a big thank you to the people that organized it.

I video-recorded almost the entire thing as seen from my personal perspective, which I am uploading in a series of 10-15 minute videos to Youtube.

They are hardly perfect, and indeed you could say I did pretty bad, but everyone is welcome to watch them. Leave a comment if you see yourself.

I'll post links here, in the Screenshots and Videos thread, and probably make a new little thread when I have them all uploaded.

Had some fun sadly I had to leave during the Conquest map because I had to help out a friend in distress. Best part were the shieldwall faceoffs and those ordinary battles. Nice to see a crowded Vikingr server for once!

Back
Top Bottom