PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Sulcoit (8/12/13)

Users who are viewing this thread

Celtichugs

Sergeant Knight at Arms

Víkingr Event:
YSsHVKv.png

By the year 968 AD war had been waged for generations between the Goídil natives of Ireland and settlers from the north. After the first years of the great onslaught on the English kingdoms many great battles were fought between the Anglo-Saxon heptarchy kings and the Viking invaders, and soon Norse warfleets were seen in the Irish Sea itself. Rowing up the rivers to raid the Gaelic villages and monasteries, the "Ostmen" soon established the longphorts, shore fortresses to harbour their fleets, which evolved into powerful cities controlling the lands.

Yet the warlike Goídil did not yield their homelands and many tribes resisted the foreign invaders in long and scathing wars, with Viking and Gaelic villages burning likewise in the many raids. Others approached the Norse with agreements and trade, some even fighting their neighbouring tribes with the help of their new allies and rising to great power. And so the Viking cities soon were part of the ancient tribal struggles for power, in which the most powerful Goídil kings were aspiring to no less than the old title of high kingship over all Ireland.

Click to read more: History of the War in Munster
Written by Cían Fer Áraig

In the shadows of the wooded hillside of Sulcoit, led by the Dál Cais king Mathgamain mac Cennétig and his royal brother Brian mac Cennétig, the Gaelic warriors await the advancing Vikings. Among the warlike men are famous liegemen, youths and mercenaries who are all eager for combat.

Dál Cais
(“Tribe of Cormac Cas”)

A teglach Mathgamna
(“The retinue of Mathgamain”)

*Mathgamain mac Cennétig*
(Ualraig Fer Áraig)

Caellachán
Cainnig
Cían na Raithlinn
Fergan na Duiblinn
Finn na Locha
Fintan Cáibdech
Finn Bróen mac Aod
Odhran na Beal Feirsde
Rían
Síthmaith an Einigh
Sumarliðr Ljótsson
Torcuil

Aedan Bradach
Blathmac
Ciarán
Rian Faolan
Rónán Cáech
Selbach

(19)​

Coibni Dáil Cais
(“Allies of Dál Cais”)

*Cathal mac Feradaig rí Delbnae Móir*
(SF_Rallix)

Mochta mac Lugdach
Lorrccán Mór mac Rigbarddán
Aengus
Morann mac Tuathail
Gormacán mac Tuathail
Cuilénán in Gai Móir mac Sinaig
Mórcár se Scúrhearda
Dúnán Mór mac Fergusa
Comgall mac Coscraig
Lyall Ó Dochartaigh
Momcilo
Sol Ó Dochartaigh
Forgoll
Ádam
Árchú mac Uallgairg
Vasilije Mitu
Torfind
Niall
Turenki
Mściwoj ze Śluńska
Cathasach
Cruinnmáel
Elias_the_Hermit
Hvidhar
Kulgrinda Kosmarjus

(23)​

[td] [/td]

[td]Clann Uí hUiginn

huiginnbanner.jpg
*Áed mac Néill Ua hUiginn*

Fear Ua hUiginn
Éamonn mac Martain Ua hUiginn
Cinnéidigh Ua hUiginn
Máel Petair Ua hUiginn
Ruaidrí Ua hUiginn 
Art Ua hUiginn
Magnus mac Eachdhonn Ua hUiginn
Finnchad Ua hUiginn
Cummascach Ua hUiginn
Osgar Ua hUiginn
Sven Ua hUiginn
Faelan mac Domnaill Ua hUiginn
Rónán mac Néill Ua hUiginn
Loingsech mac Mongáin Ua hUiginn

(15)​
[/td]

[td] [/td]

[td]Uí Senáin

*Áeducán Ua Senáin*

Adomnán Ua Senáin
Ardgar Ua Senáin
Berach Ua Senáin
Gáethíne Ua Senáin
Gormán Ua Senáin
Rígbardán Ua Senáin
Robartach Ua Senáin
Rúadán Ua Senáin
Rumann Ua Senáin
Tipraite Ua Senáin
Uallachán Ua Senáin
&
Amlaíb int Slucuda Lenbán
Conchobar mac Eógain

(12-14)​
[/td]

[td] [/td]

[td]Uí Amalgada

*Némán Ua Amalgada*

Búadach Ua Amalgada
Búadachán Ua Amalgada
Muirgius Ua Amalgada
Selbach Ua Amalgada
Búadachán Ua Amalgada
Máel Bethad Ua Amalgada

(7)​
[/td]

[td] [/td]

[td]Clan Polans

5ihk.png
*Grom*

Poznomir
Dragomir
Jarema
Dobrowoj
Wojsław
Krzesimir
Okrzesław
Bartłomiej
Pakosz
Kocibor
Czkawka
Vesemir
Chocislaw
Rad
Izbigniewa
Radowit
Lutomir
Gniewosz
Bożydar
Drogoslaw
Dzierzywoj
Cirzpibog
Zbigniew
Jaromir
Przemyslaw
Jarostryj
Wodyslaw

(28)​
[/td]

Under the leadership of their king Ívarr of Limerick, the Vikings enter the field in full battle array. With the raven banner above them, their heavy formations advance fast as they are sure to crush their foes with the brute force of their shieldwall.

Menn af Hlymreki
(“Men of Limerick”)

Ívars konungssveit
(“The retinue of King Ivar”)

*Ívarr konungr af Hlymreki*
(Halfdan Væringja jarl)

Agnar af Hlymreki
Svejborn af Hlymreki
Ubbe af Hlymreki
Ketill af Hlymreki
Bekan af Hlymreki
Kimbi af Hlymreki
Kjaran af Hlymreki
Gunnarr af Hlymreki

(9)

Leiðangrslið Hlymreks
(“Levy of Limerick”)

viking_banner_scaled.png
*Haraldr Ívarsson*
(Thorvaldr Erlinga)

Helgi örðigskeggi
Flossi
Freydis Eiriksdottir
Snorri Heligson
Úlfgeirr Eggbjartsson
Vlastislav af Holmgarði
Einarr
Onundr Burlufotr Karlsson
Eyvind
Ǫrnólfr
Waestan Berahart
Brenn Berahart
Ásbjörn
Snorri
CragHack
Slade
Ástráðr Stjörnubarn
Breið
Densetsu
Eanfrid
Harald Trygvarrson

Erlingar í leiðangrslið Hlymreks

Þorkell Erlinga
Víga-Styrr Erlinga
Hengwulf Erlinga
Hengist Erlinga
Swólfr Erlinga
Jófríðr Erlinga

(22)

[td][/td]

[td] [/td]

[td]Jómsvíkingar

sbannerd.png
* Jarl Ragnarr Jomsborg *

Björn Hersir Jomsborg
Leifr Härförare Jomsborg
Saeko Stafnbui Jomsborg
Asbjörn Mikliflugu Jomsborg
Loki Berserk Jomsborg
Jöfursteinn Huskarl Jomsborg
Erling Huskarl  Jomsborg
Angus Felagi Jomsborg
Brandir Felagi Jomsborg
Isbjörn Felagi Jomsborg
Olvir Felagi Jomsborg
Stara Felagi Jomsborg
Byrnjolf Felagi Jomsborg
Modolfr Felagi Jomsborg
Hrafn Felagi Jomsborg
Torstein Felagi Jomsborg
Valbjörn Felagi Jomsborg
Skaldnir Felagi Jomsborg
Flosi Felagi Jomsborg
Eir Felagi Jomsborg
Drekar Svennr Jomsborg
Karlsefni Svennr Jomsborg
Olaf Svennr Jomsborg
Throkir Svennr Jomsborg
Volmund Svennr Jomsborg
Thoral Svennr Jomsborg
Waltheof Svennr Jomsborg
Gunnar Felagi Jomsborg
Bork Svennr Jomsborg

(30)​
[/td]

[td] [/td]

[td]Vyatichi

d3548f1e5762.jpg
(10-12)
[/td]

[td] [/td]

[td]Hæringar

Harras_banner_scaled.png

*Leifr Eiríksson*

Rapier17
Bleddyn dwrn
Aethelwulf
Gibius
KOcken
Nahkuri
Sir Start
Fennris
Fyrd
Pino
Davee
Orchid
Ben
Wernicke
Owain
Omzdog
Monkey
Mordgrim [?]
NaglFarr [?]
(20)
[/td]

[td] [/td]

[td]FenrisBarn

*Ubba FenrisBarn*

Yngvald FenrisBarn
Siri FenrisBarn
Baleigr FenrisHirdr
Bernhardr FenrisHirdr
[/td]

Víkingr Event: Battle of Sulcoit

When?: Sunday 8/December/2013 at 7.00pm GMT Click here for your timezone

Where?: Víkingr_Event_Server

TeamSpeak IP?: 176.9.103.48:9986 * make sure to use the Port when joining

Mod Version

How do I sign up?

All you need do it simply post in this thread the in-game name you will be using for the event and which of the sides (either Dál Cais, the Irish army, or Menn af Hlymreki, the Viking forces) and which of the Public Hosts you wish to join (either Coibni Dáil Cais for the Irish or Leiðangrslið Hlymreks for the Vikings). You must use the default faction banner and play as Ceithernach or Liði in game. Remember that each Host is led by a commander chosen amongst the Víkingr community for their maturity and experience. Their orders should be followed at all times, failure to do so may result in your removal from the Event.

Regular Víkingr clans (as defined by the organisers) can sign up as a group, but they're asked to name and number those of their members who will come. Non-Víkingr clans must sign up individually and have no right to fight as a separate host. The organisers of the event will retain the privilege to allocate clans and non-affiliated players to either host for balancing purposes.

You must be in the correct TeamSpeak and correct channel before 7pm GMT and the actual commencing of the event itself. Failure to so may result in your unable to join the event server in time because you missed the sharing of the password

Game Mode

The Event will be fought over two maps. The first will be a Conquest game mode on a wooded hill representing the main battle fought between the two forces. The second will be Siege mode fought in a small port-town, representing the fight for Limerick itself.

Promotion and Forum Signatures

You are free, and encouraged, to take your own screenshots and videos to be used at your pleasure. If anyone specifically would like to record as much of the Event as possible to then post on YouTube, to further promote the mod and its events, please contact Ualraig Fer Áraig. After the Event please post your screenshots or videos here, on this thread, or on the appropriate Screenshot thread found here.

Thanks to STARik/poor smiley we can use these signatures during the waiting for the event, you can simply add them by pasting the code here:

SixOt.gif

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,290867.0.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SixOt.gif[/IMG][/url]

7RY9S.gif

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,290867.0.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7RY9S.gif[/IMG][/url]

Contact

For questions and/or suggestion you are free to post in this thread or send a private forum message to Ualraig Fer Áraig, the organiser of this event.

Acknowledgments

Cían Fer Áraig for his brilliant research and compilation of History of the War in Munster and Helies for creating the great maps for the event. Also a huge thanks to Hrotha Fyrninga without whom this event probably would not have happened!

Footage

Battle and Siege rounds, from the point of view of a Limerickman freelancer, by Ripper X:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL-kWPkKKr0

Conquest, from the point of view of the Coibni Dáil Cais (sorta), by Sandro-Halpo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwoGdS_vnEw [Part 1]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrNdLVWDQrY [Part 2]

Period names

Players are encouraged to choose and sign up with appropriate period names: Irish names for the Dál Cais and Norse names for the Menn af Hlymreki.

For the latter, Hiberno-Norse names would be particularly suitable. Here you can find a list of Old Norse names of Irish origin, as well as of Old Irish names of Norse origin (the existence of an Irish form suggesting they were used in Hiberno-Norse communities; use the Old Norse variants for this event).

If you need help or have any questions about getting a period name, byname or patronymic for this event, please go over to the Nafngift thread for discussion.

Víkingr Event:
sulcoit_zps6334169d.png

Announcement
(08:17:04 PM 05/12/13)​

I would ask that all host leaders be on the Víkingr TeamSpeak for 5.30pm GMT on Sunday please. To discuss itinerary for the event and last minute details. Failing to do so may mean you lose out of vital information about the event, maps and any changes that may have been made since your signing up to the event, it will also give a chance for you to voice any last minute concerns that may be amended before the event starts. Also, as can be clearly seen a large amount of balancing will need to take place, and so leaders, hosts and players should be prepared to be moved to the other Team. This is stated in the OP and so there should be no surprises:

The organisers of the event will retain the privilege to allocate clans and non-affiliated players to either host for balancing purposes.

I would also ask that all perticipants to arrive early to the TeamSpeak (atleast 15 minutes) so that we are ready to start the event as soon as possible. It also allows for organizers to see the state of the balance of numbers, being that many who have signed up may not turn up, or indeed some who did not sign up have taken it upon themselves to take part. Leading from this a final request to host leaders is that they should make sure, by Saturday evening at the latest, that the name and numbers they have stated is still a true estimate of their host. Signing up with 20 and arriving with 5 will not go unpunished in future Víkingr events.

Thank you​

These are no doubt the greatest news in awhile. Countless thanks to the organisers! Finally another historical event is near. And furthermore it is even the much anticipated Battle of Sulcoit. This shall - no - will be glorious!

AHAHAH! This is great! I've been waiting for this for too long! I can't wait to see you all on the battlefield.
Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms. Skål.

- Lëifr Hærføre á Jómsvíkingar

Well done! And the Erlingar will probably bring half a dozen of able fighters to the Limerick public host (which one of us will lead). I'll post our small roster as soon as possible.

mr celtic just cos im not sure how do i sign up do i have to sign up as an individual or as a clan as either way i think i might annoy my clan/comunity leader... he gets very angry sometimes when i do things wrong. then starts shouting something about freedom and that he loves alex salmond?? god knows hes a weird fellow with a name very similar to yours...

also what mod is it again your post isnt very good for pointing it out? something like bearforce was it or native expansion 2000nub warz

YES! THE BATTLE OF SULCOIT. THE BEAUTIFUL SHIMMERING BALDHEAD SIGNS UP!

I'll think of a Gaelic name when I get home, unless the fellow Fyrna men will sign up as clan and have our names changed appropriately (?) :wink:

Clann Uí hUiginn
huiginnbanner.jpg
Toísech
Áed mac Néill Ua hUiginn

Ard-Aireacha
Fear Ua hUiginn
Vémundr Ua hUiginn

Ócairig
Cinnéidigh Ua hUiginn
Máel Petair Ua hUiginn

Ceithernaig
Ruaidrí Ua hUiginn
Garbán Ua hUiginn
Cian Ua hUiginn
Art Ua hUiginn
Lonngargán Ua hUiginn
Magnus mac Eachdhonn Ua hUiginn
Finnchad Ua hUiginn
Cummascach Ua hUiginn
Odrán Ua hUiginn

Gall-Goídil
Osgar Ua hUiginn
Erik Ua hUiginn
Sven Ua hUiginn

(Set out like this as I pretty much copied and pasted how I organised it on my thread.)​

Signing up for the Gaels.
Estimation for turn up = 15-20ish (17 so far). Still people to ask.

I also may ask the Norse-Gaels in my clan to get a non-Nordic name.​

Why do vikingr events always have to be during times when I am not able to come online! Well googd luck and have fun!  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom