PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Maldon (November 16th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Juholi said:
*snip snap*

Can't speak for anyone except myself, but while some of us feel that the sacrifices needed to release a warband compatible update, allowing new players to play, would be worth it. I fear that anyone with the ability to release an update isn't interested in doing so.

Densetsu said:
Good things always come to an end I suppose, these events were some of the best events ever hosted on Warband. Well organised, exceptional use of formations, great fun. I have over 300 screenshots of various Vikingr events from over the years so the memories live on.

Maybe we'll see a Vikingr for Bannerlord!

I have to agree, Vikingr was some of the most fun I've had in Warband, but I'm okay with leaving it in the past. Also do feel free to post those screenshots :wink:

I agree with Joub about the WB-compatible update, but I also understand it's not a matter of simply releasing it to the world and forgetting about it. The people involved would have to upload it somewhere, make sure it works, update plenty of stuff (forum threads, modDB page, Steam page), perhaps even provide some technical assistance and who knows, even iron out some bugs. What should be one last act of community service could easily become one lasting thralldom, if they wanted to do it right.

Was there a custom map made again for the event? How is that possible that not a single digital documentation of it exists since there hadn't been any screenshots posted here yet..? How do I bloody see it if I was absent from the show?

I'd also suggest finding a streamer to be a must for the events, with a much bigger priority... It's an unbelievable effort of dosens of people from all over the world finding time to come together, along with an increaibly realistic battle simulation engine which Vikingr is that generates miriads of spectacular views and real-life human-driven interactions, and it comes with this lack of documenting... I'm sorry if I sound whiny, but really, it just blows my mind. Call me a weirdo but the same few event videos are someting I watch almost weekly for years. Hope that at least it could encourage someone.

With a great respect to the community for this extremely elaborated phenomenon.

As requested, though I sadly lack screenshots of the event itself, the map:
OECmOQZ.jpg
irflD8Y.jpg
FM9JD2L.jpg
Not much a looker, but was fit enough for the slaughter.

KickingJoub said:
Cynfar said:
Is the Map actually still saved by someone?

Seeing as I took those screenshots a couple of minutes before posting them, it's safe to say that I at least have it :wink: Wouldn't know about anyone else though.

Thanks fot taking your time and great to hear! I appreciate scening efforts very much.

Wow. I remember it was around 2 months after I started playing the mod. It was my first Warband event. I had random people as my hostmates, low fps, aweful graphics and lots of fun  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom