PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Maldon (November 16th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Snowthorn said:
Mr.Milker said:
I'd sign up with the vikings, as Mjólkar (? best I could do).  :lol:

Mjólkar is more of a nickname/title of sorts I believe. I'd suggest you find a more traditional name and then add "Mjólkar" as a nickname. I'll give you an example:

Haraldur hárfagri

In this case Haraldur is the name and hárfagri (the one with fair hair) is the additional nickname.
Haraldur is a Modern Icelandic or Faroese form, though. Old Norse would be Haraldr. As for Mjólkar, I suppose it might just work, barely, if we take Mjólkarr (with two r's) as a humorous pun on Gunnarr, Ingvarr or similar names, and mjólk. :razz:

hrotha said:
Snowthorn said:
Mr.Milker said:
I'd sign up with the vikings, as Mjólkar (? best I could do).  :lol:

Mjólkar is more of a nickname/title of sorts I believe. I'd suggest you find a more traditional name and then add "Mjólkar" as a nickname. I'll give you an example:

Haraldur hárfagri

In this case Haraldur is the name and hárfagri (the one with fair hair) is the additional nickname.
Haraldur is a Modern Icelandic or Faroese form, though. Old Norse would be Haraldr. As for Mjólkar, I suppose it might just work, barely, if we take Mjólkarr (with two r's) as a humorous pun on Gunnarr, Ingvarr or similar names, and mjólk. :razz:

I support all of the above, especially the pun idea :razz:

ok ,we change the names for more historical^^

I sign up with Engerwaran(1:cool: for the faction Mældunwaran

Roster:

Ludolf > Hlóðulf (Hlothulf)
Garlef > Gárláf (Garlaf)
Oswin > Óswine (Oswine)
Ruprecht > Hróðbyrht (Hrothbyrht)
Roderic > Hréðríc (Hrethric)
Saxmut > Seaxmód (Seaxmod)
Ulrich > Óðelríc (Othelric)
Wigbert > Wíbyrht (Wibyrht)
Reiner > Regnere (Regnere)
Björn > Beorn (Beorn)
Brunhard > Brynheard (Brynheard)
Detlef > Þéodláf (Theodlaf)
Engelbert > Engelbyrht (Engelbyrht)
Folkward > Folcweard (Folcweard)
Guntwin > Gúðwine (Guthwine)
Hagen > Hagena (Hagena)
Diethelm > Þéodelm (Theodelm)
Bertram > Byrhtræmn (Byrhtraemn)

Banner:
tfnm2j9ikpvfebh0l.png

DADEN said:
ok ,we change the names for more historical^^

I sign up with Engerwaran(1:cool: for the faction Mældunwaran

Roster:

Ludolf > Hlóðulf (Hlothulf)
Garlef > Gárláf (Garlaf)
Oswin > Óswine (Oswine)
Ruprecht > Hróðbyrht (Hrothbyrht)
Roderic > Hréðríc (Hrethric)
Saxmut > Seaxmód (Seaxmod)
Ulrich > Óðelríc (Othelric)
Wigbert > Wíbyrht (Wibyrht)
Reiner > Regnere (Regnere)
Björn > Beorn (Beorn)
Brunhard > Brynheard (Brynheard)
Detlef > Þéodláf (Theodlaf)
Engelbert > Engelbyrht (Engelbyrht)
Folkward > Folcweard (Folcweard)
Guntwin > Gúðwine (Guthwine)
Hagen > Hagena (Hagena)
Diethelm > Þéodelm (Theodelm)
Bertram > Byrhtræmn (Byrhtraemn)

Banner:
tfnm2j9ikpvfebh0l.png
Added. Welcome aboard!

I sign up Druzhina ze Zmigrodu for Vikings
There will be probably 10-15 of us, I'll give you the full roster later.
Banner:
2lXsLoG.png

Roster: at least these 10 men, up to 15
Gerdarr Yrminga (Wojslaw)
Rossketill Yrminga
Hrafn Yrminga
Sigmarr Yrminga
Snorri Yrminga
Valgard Yrminga
Brynjolf Yrminga
Rolf Yrminga
Sigvaldi Yrminga
Leifr Yrminga
?
?
?
?
?

May I suggest a course of action for the next time the Jomsfolk sign up for an event?
How about internally counting the number of people attending, then dividing it by two and signing up as two separate hosts, one on each side? Might make it more convenient for the organisers - especially if you then really manage to show up!
Just an idea thrown into the Jomshall.

Alrighty then, plenty of people to assing to their correct positions (which may change depending on how the clans need to be moved about!)
Thorbjørn said:
I sign up as Þorbjörn harðráði for the Leiðangrsfólk.
Atrameddes said:
I sign up as Magnus Svennr Jomsborg for the Leiðangrsfólk.
Reik of Silesia said:
I'll fight together with Leiðangrsfólk as Reika Draugdottir Jomsborg

Added to the Leiðangrsfólk.
Going back to assigning members of the Jomsborg clan 50/50 to either public host in order of signing up. Let's agree that next time a clan gets the punishment of not having their own host they figure out who goes where internally, because this is just a boatload of extra work to try and remain fair, while following the punishment.

Skijold Ulfgardson said:
"I sign up as Skjold Svennr Jomsborg for the Leiðangrsfólk"
TirAeda said:
Signing up for the Engle side pubbers as Þéodríc.
Added to the Mældunwaran. And no, I'm not picking on Skjold for copy-pasting the quotation marks... :roll:

Added Mr.Milker as Mjólkarr, as was agreed, to the Leiðangrsfólk.

I've already made this clear with the hosts of this event, that if we run into troubles with members of the Jómsvíkingar again, i.e. members failing to adhere to the decisions of the hosts in terms of which side they're fighting for - or other such nonsense - we will have to take even more drastic measures and you might have to rely on the Brytenwalda team to create a nice multiplayer system if you want to have the Jómsvíkingar represented in a viking-themed game in the future. Much work (by many different hands - including Úlfr, Poor Smiley, myself, and many more before Ragnar's time) has gone into the clan that is now the Jómsvíkingar and it would be a pity if it should come to nothing even though that might be the best solution at present.

If you intentionally told all your members to sign up for the same faction "out of misplaced spite" rather than ignorance - as it seems seeing all the identical sign-up posts - this would definitely worsen the chances of any future support for the Jómsvíkingar in official events, servers, etc. - all included.

Back
Top Bottom