PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Eoferwic (21/7/13)

Users who are viewing this thread

hrotha said:
Mr.Milker said:
If anyone knew of any milk related authentic names, I'd be very grateful for the help. :smile:
Well, no milk-related names as far as I can tell, but if you play as a Norman you could pick any name from here and add Leiters as a nickname (therefore I'd suggest Lambert Leiters for the alliteration). Mind you, it didn't seem to mean "milkman" like modern French laitier, but rather "milch, yielding milk" or "suckling". So it would be a pretty demeaning nickname, but hey. :lol:

Fair enough, I'm ok with male lactation. :wink:

If I could be added to the Normans then, as "Lambert Leiters", that'd be great.

Ah, I missed Leifr's post. Ragnarr (h)inn rauði would be correct; however, don't forget that the Norse public host is not made up of Danes, but of Northumbrians, both English and Anglo-Danes. Chances are these people would speak primarily in Old English, with some of them being bilingual. Therefore, I'd suggest Regenhere se reada instead.

FenrisBarn to join the Danish king and his forces with around 5 men, announcement to come some time between the times of Soon™  and  Pretty Much Soon.

*other variations may occur.

Hengwulf said:
After many a nights of feasting we Erlingar decided to sail with a band of hired swords, tugs and stonecold killers in defiance of the Duke. These fine men are the following:

Finnólfr Hevossurmaaja
Horða-Karl
Apsod

Movies_Vikings_31d_feast_table.jpg
That's definitely the best looking thugs I've ever seen. No doubt from left to right, Finn, Hörða, and Apsod!  :eek:

Regarding the Youlin clan, to be honest I think I'd prefer correct slavic names to quasi-Norse. Fact is slavic mercenaries were employed by Haraldr Blátönn, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same was the case for Sveinn Ástríðarson.

Back
Top Bottom