PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Brūnanburh (April 28th)

Users who are viewing this thread

rapier17 said:
Not sure on the siege ending* but the event on the whole was really good & I'd like to extend the gratitude of the Hæringar to the organisers & everyone involved for a damned good time! Cheers!

Two problems with it; firstly the inclusion of the Norðmenn instead of Goidl caused confusion & a lot of people leapt at the chance to play as them (60+ vs 40+ & no effort to balance it out as there had been on the previous maps). Secondly, limited lives for attackers on a meat-grinder single-entrance map is not a good idea in my eyes. On that map in particular there is a single entrance which the defenders can block off whilst others with throwing weapons & ranged weapons rain down a fusilade on any attacker foolish enough to go in - a rather galling part of that map were the low parts of the walls you could easily jump over in places (RL I could clamber over them at that height without using my hands) but invisible walls prevented this.

But this is all by-the-by as the battles of the event were great

I had asked if we could use the Norse for the siege, since the lack of Archers.
Also, I think the Siege was bonus thing, or like a fun round.

Anyway, I had fun, even though my flank got annihilated each time. Haha.

Thanks to Hrotha for organizing the event, I think we never had so little delay before starting the proper fighting before! :smile:

Even though the Goídil were beaten one can not blame them of giving up and it was certainly not a lack of spirit or tactics that left them with the lower hand. It was nice to see some proper maneuvering too and I got some pretty nice footage of it that I will look into over the next few days to hopefully upload a proper recording of the fighting so congratulations to both leaders too!
The technical issues that were mentioned are a more grim matter and I fear they kept many people from joining the game who meant to, we best look into any possible ways to relieve or solve things like this, but I almost fear it is beyond our reach and a matter of the master server itself. Still thanks to everyone for joining in, and hopefully those who could not take part will get another chance in the future.

A good fight, and a great victory for the English!
Some memories of a humble Mercian fyrdman:

We're on the move!
C-Qq7.jpg
KGOFP.jpg

Form up!
Ep9Iv.jpg
--Gso.jpg

Prepare to meet them.
mw4kE.jpg
KTyyr.jpg

The day is ours!
W6HBR.jpg
HuZKx.jpg
mSIlL.jpg

And a healthy reminder to every Briton alive...
Never let this man near your goats.
-03KS.jpg

AHA! IT WAS AN EXTRAORDINARY EVENT FULL OF SCREAMS AND BLOOD. THE CLASHING OF WOOD AND STEEL.
I ENJOYED IT!

THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE OF OLAF, WERNICKELBACK!
HE THANKS YOU.

Thanks everyone for playing! Pity that we had some technical problems again, and I'm genuinely sorry for those of you who couldn't join us tonight.

I'd like to thank everyone who made this possible: the rest of the official organizing team, Þorkell and Leodfrið; Möck, who ended up being an organizer in everything but name even though this started as an attempt to take the process off his shoulders; the map designers, Ealdgyþ and Helies; the special host leaders, Ualraig (thanks for the TS, too!), Saxnot and Hergeirr, and his backup, Gooner, because on top of leading they also had to cooperate a fair bit with the organization, especially on the day of the event; Eiríkr, who was also a backup leader and did a lot to help things run smoothly, and then was unable to play because of those authentication key problems; all the host leaders; and all the players.

I hope you all had fun!
rapier17 said:
Not sure on the siege ending* but the event on the whole was really good & I'd like to extend the gratitude of the Hæringar to the organisers & everyone involved for a damned good time! Cheers!
Well, the siege was just a dessert, not part of the official event. ^_^

Best moment: we beat off the flanking attack by the red shields, only to turn around and to see the whole Engle army charging us. EPIC

really cool event, even if our side lost, we manage to deploy some damn good military tactics, like shieldwall in the first line defended by spearmens in the second, or the stand in the village were i slained some warriors trought the fence with a spear too, public hosts did his best, thanks at the commander and as always at everyone involved in the event organization  :smile:

My first event !!! It was really cool  :wink: thx for this
Some screenshots  :roll:

ekK54.jpg
oBR64.jpg
CHN8e.jpg
a2in0.jpg
XQoa0.jpg
9jIRm.jpg
S4mF1.jpg
ZMsfl.jpg
4Ogd8.jpg

Hengwulf said:
Best moment: we beat off the flanking attack by the red shields, only to turn around and to see the whole Engle army charging us. EPIC

We died for the greater good that round. Saw you chaps make a beeline for us and thought bugger it, lets die with honour. Took a birin to the back and lost my head to a womans hand. Sad times. But the sight of seeing the Fyrd rally together in their blood fury and make short work of you chaps was a joy to behold.

Bloody love Vikingr.

Æthelwulf said:
Hengwulf said:

We died for the greater good that round. Saw you chaps make a beeline for us and thought bugger it, lets die with honour. Took a birin to the back and lost my head to a womans hand. Sad times. But the sight of seeing the Fyrd rally together in their blood fury and make short work of you chaps was a joy to behold.

Bloody love Vikingr.

Aye! Twas a brutal end to us that round. I only found out we were being flanked when a dane axe cleft my skull in two from the right. Loved every second.

Todays event was great! I spliced together some clips I took just like the last event if anyone wants to watch them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZaNWjoc9IA&feature=youtu.be

Back
Top Bottom