Presenting Slaves mechanics in the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Arab

Recruit
Greetings,

I have always wondered why there is no game that implements the slavery element to the fullest? Most games apply partial slavery features in them, especially when it comes to the economy.

In Bannerloard, I see it is the perfect game to add the slavery factor to cover all aspects from slave soldiers, slave workers to slaves' role in the economical growth of settlements. Slaves can add a real depth to the game as it was one of the main core of medieval times. Their social position and their place in its structure are unique. You can add a new background for a campaign as a former slave, or a slave that leads a revolution, or as a loyal slave that is trusted by his master to lead as de facto but hated by the rest of the court. This feature will create a new economy product that can be traded. A product that can run away, tries to kill you, or helps you to gain more money by becoming a hero in the arena or a theft.

You can use the slaves in:
-Carrying your load(same as stepp horses)
-Using them in farming food
Using them as soldiers(comes with pros and cons)
-Using them as sex slaves to reduce the moral penalty for your army(comes with pros and cons)
-Using them in Trade(comes with pros and cons)
-Using them as companions - especially governors- (comes with pros and cons)

Each culture will have different pros and cons depending on how they preview the slaves and what are their social position and role comparing to the history of their cultures.

Preference: Adding a black sub-faction so you can add black slaves to match the historical accuracy of medieval time; as there were slaves from every race but black slaves used to be traded a lot in the Mediterranean region.

Ibn Ageel,

Could be interesting to add slavery, but i think the subject is controversial to say the least.

And by the way, even if it wasnt too controversial, there are thing in my list that i would prefer way more.

Would you prefer male or female sex slaves? Or just animals?
I would prefer to use genders and colors as they used to be in real history. But due to improper intellectual capabilities by common people in many countries, it will lead to massive pressure on TaleWorlds. To avoid that, we use both genders and grey color.

Since there are no female soldiers in the game are you proposing that captured soldiers have gay sex with your troops?
Brilliant way how to boost troop morale.
Yea, and afterwards they can carry your stuff and farm some food!

The starting point of the idea was cool but the ending was very badly executed. =) What I meant when I say bad is you're suggesting something which any company in gaming, film, etc. can't really do. It's not really doable. But there is a mod in nexus called Captivity Events. I didn't try it yet as far as I know that mod already has features that you wanted. Check it out if you didn't see it yet.

uhh..I like the idea of slaves but not the way you put it at the end. It seems a little racist. As for female slaves I think they should just function the same as male slaves and be used for work (like a workshop but no wage you have to pay them) or for conscripted soldiers who don't get a wage but have low morale until they rank up higher. If I remember correctly the old Aserai tree had slave troops which could be upgraded into Mamlukes which were slave soldiers.

Turning Bannerlord into an African slave trade simulator from the perspective of the slavers would be a fantastic way to generate interest in the game on social media. I don't see that going badly at all.

I imagine what would happen if a guy named Supreme Caucasian would post the same thing about having black sex slaves lol he would be banned all over the place

Since there are no female soldiers in the game are you proposing that captured soldiers have gay sex with your troops?
Brilliant way how to boost troop morale.
Yea, and afterwards they can carry your stuff and farm some food!

No need to add female soldiers in order to have sex with them. You can make them listed as items in loot list. Also, you can make females as soldiers if you would like since they already fight as companions and in multiplayer.

The starting point of the idea was cool but the ending was very badly executed. =) What I meant when I say bad is you're suggesting something which any company in gaming, film, etc. can't really do. It's not really doable. But there is a mod in nexus called Captivity Events. I didn't try it yet as far as I know that mod already has features that you wanted. Check it out if you didn't see it yet.
I think if you made all races able to be slaves then no one will see it as racism toward a specific race.

thank your for this information! I will check it out since I am really into the idea.

uhh..I like the idea of slaves but not the way you put it at the end. It seems a little racist. As for female slaves I think they should just function the same as male slaves and be used for work (like a workshop but no wage you have to pay them) or for conscripted soldiers who don't get a wage but have low morale until they rank up higher. If I remember correctly the old Aserai tree had slave troops which could be upgraded into Mamlukes which were slave soldiers.
Everything could interpreted as racism. When a white man kills and captive an Arab man in the game could be seen as racism. But since the Arabic man could do the same to the white man then no one sees it as racist thing. Same thing applies to slavery. If every race could be subjected then no one will see it as offensive thing to black people.

As you mentioned, slavery is already in the game represented by Mamluk soldiers which means in Arabic a slave.

No need to add female soldiers in order to have sex with them. You can make them listed as items in loot list. Also, you can make females as soldiers if you would like since they already fight as companions and in multiplayer.
That was a sarcasm.
Its a terrible idea. In the Western world we don't treat women like that, this may sound surprising to you, but they have same rights as men and are not treated as objects.
No reason to include such things in a game, even if its historically accurate.

Turning Bannerlord into an African slave trade simulator from the perspective of the slavers would be a fantastic way to generate interest in the game on social media. I don't see that going badly at all.
It will not be aimed toward black people. You can slave any race. You already can destroy a whole race in the game but yet no one see it as racist thing. I think that because black race is not in the game so no one will call the game racist.

All races should be treated equally.

I imagine what would happen if a guy named Supreme Caucasian would post the same thing about having black sex slaves lol he would be banned all over the place

A black person could do the same. Anyone could name himself a racist name even with lacking of slavery in the game.
You don’t not allowing something to happen because there are a one negative outcome of many that aren’t. Otherwise you will need to ban the game because it is offensive to races since you can kill, captive and defeat other races.

That was a sarcasm.
Its a terrible idea. In the Western world we don't treat women like that, this may sound surprising to you, but they have same rights as men and are not treated as objects.
I think you need to be a lil bit intellectual here. This is a fictional story game based on historical elements. How did you insert women situation in current time to this game? The game is offensive also to men, do you treat men in real life like they are treated in the game? I think you need to study about some terms such as “game” “fictional” and “historical”

Regarding how we treat women, this is considers as racist call in your western world. But I would happily take you in logical intellectual approach to this matter. Just chose any other site than this one.

That was a sarcasm.

I would prefer to use genders and colors as they used to be in real history. But due to improper intellectual capabilities by common people in many countries, it will lead to massive pressure on TaleWorlds. To avoid that, we use both genders and grey color.

A reminder...

Last edited:
Ok, clearly we lack intellectual capacity here, Supreme arab is being too intellectually superior. We apologize.
Even though this is not related to the point of our discussion. My name is to prove my point. You can use nicknames that seem racist without implementing slavery in the game.

I already didn't care about slaves in the game before reading this thread. After having read the OP and some of the comments, I truly believe "slave" mechanics of any kind wouldn't be worth it at all. They wouldn't have much to offer while having the potential of hurting the game.

This might also be a thread where a mod could want to take a look. I don't know who to tag, though, so maybe somebody could?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom