Preparations for a new kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Before starting out on the path of making your own kingdom, what are a few things you should already have? Companions, troops, captured lords, etc...

And should you serve time as a mercenary first?

EDIT:

Reason for asking is, the Druid Cormac, at the head of his band of 70-odd men, has brought peace to Eire through negotiations between the three factions living there. On the fortune thus made, he is on his way to Cornwall, to make it his own.

Get as many troops as possible, because due to a small bug (that I believe to be in there, though I am not 100% sure) you can't actually recruit anybody from your faction's villages. That means stay as close as possible to a Neutral faction to supply you with troops, and Mercenaries will suddenly become quite useful as sudden troop bolsterers.

Uhhhh, I'm pretty sure that you can recruit men from your own village. :???:

Then again, I'm pretty crazy.
But yes, just get lots of men, then recruit lords after you've decided which faction yours will be based on.  Don't give a castle to a lord until he appears on the map.

Dudro said:
Uhhhh, I'm pretty sure that you can recruit men from your own village. :???:

Then again, I'm pretty crazy.
But yes, just get lots of men, then recruit lords after you've decided which faction yours will be based on.  Don't give a castle to a lord until he appears on the map.
Glad you made it home safely.

Last night when I was biking back to my house I saw these really drunk guys trying to be sneaky about a drug deal. One of them even shouted "HERE IS YOUR LUNCH FOR TOMORROW" as they saw me going past.  :lol:

But anyways, I believe that if you made it so that recruits in villages will switch to that of the owning faction (village B gets taken over from faction A and village B gives out faction A recruits) then it wont work.

Easy to fix though, just make a script that checks if the player owns any land and assign a global variable to one, and then in the village_recruit section, make it so that if that global variable is set to one you get "X recruit".

I recruit heavily from Pendragon and Camulod for archers and heavy cavalry, and I now have one lord. I'm thinking of giving him my village, since villages don't seem to offer many benefits here... Anyways, I set culture to Eirish, and I plan on bring my Lord with me to take Fort Crag once I have a sizable defensive force built up in my castle.

Yep, perfect.  The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to get a castle, keep it, then hire a lord to just run around a fight with you.

Been playing this mod for a couple weeks and I thinks its great. Right now im a lord with the saxons, have a castle with 300 men, but I'm planning on going solo really soon. As Maeglin said, I use the camulodian cavalry as my open field attack force since they seem the best there is on horse, but I havent yet figured out which infantry is best suited for launching a successful siege...the saxon champions are good but they take a lot of training to get, any suggestions? 

I prefer Danish Wolf Warriors, myself, and Galloglas are really great with their two handed swords, but pendragon warriors are really good as far as middle tier troops go.

That stuff about not being able to recruit. Are you sure that's not just because you have a negative relation towards the village?  :neutral: ... Of course, I don't know anything about modding... >.> So nevermind me if I am worng.

I think it is only stated when you install the mod at Unofficial File Repository page but not here at this forum when you read features of this mod and this way it can be overlooked quite easily. Or did I ovelook anything else yet?  :???:

Accidentily posted this elsewhere, but it seems appropriate for this thread:  I have taken my first two castles and established my kingdom.  How do I recruit lords to join me?

Back
Top Bottom