Pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Kupr

Recruit
I started 1.6.5. I chose full realism without die of hero and NPCs. My young male sturgian hero married to 21 years old Idrun (Olek's daughter). She was in my army, we stopped for overnight in most cities/castles/villages. Later she became governor of my city and ussually I stay for night when I was there. Later 1.7.0.
Now Idrun is 25 years old and she was not pregnant.

How to receive heir?

For future game improvements - divorce if wife do not has children. It was ussually in history.

Last edited:
U usually have to spend a while just waiting in a city with your wife she usually becomes pregnant after a week or 2 but i do agree with adding divorce

For future game improvements - divirce if wife do not has children. It was ussually in history.
Until divorce is implemented you could always send her to the battlefield naked, get her killed ( or use the command prompt to off her ) and get yourself another wife.

What I do is save game and wait for 10 days in a fief with spouse (and other clan couples like bro +wife) then just re-load if nobody got pregnant. Also getting the new 1.7 25 skill charm perk for +30% chance should help too.

I started 1.6.5. I chose full realism without die of hero and NPCs. My young male sturgian hero married to 21 years old Idrun (Olek's daughter). She was in my army, we stopped for overnight in most cities/castles/villages. Later she became governor of my city and ussually I stay for night when I was there. Later 1.7.0.

How to receive heir?

For future game improvements - divorce if wife do not has children. It was ussually in history.
while "waiting" in any settlement she can, that includes, towns, castles, villages, and even waiting for midnight to do bandit bases

while "waiting" in any settlement she can, that includes, towns, castles, villages, and even waiting for midnight to do bandit bases
Is it villages too? I think it might not be, I think the hideout is a bug, but I've seen that one happen.
I started 1.6.5. I chose full realism without die of hero and NPCs
If you disable hero/npc death you also disable birth.
Wait, uh oh Did you? Did you disable birth and death or did you just turn down the chance of death in battle? If you disabled death and birth, no babies for anyone!

Once they have that charm perk, it's hard to stop them getting pregnant. My character has gotten pregnant twice just going in to a city to sell loot and leaving... The last one was wen she was 39, with a stack of kids already. I was trying not to have any more kids.

But then my character has 315 Charm. She just can't be resisted by him. Immortal Charm is my new favourite perk.

Off to the suggestions box to suggest the pill.

well in my current game my character has the perk for +30% chance and I have 3 children by age 28, im unsure when my character got married but she got pregnant not even a day after the wedding while moving through a desert, the second child happened while waiting in a town some time after.

Edit: Only issue im having is that they're only taking the mothers culture

Last edited:
My character has gotten pregnant twice just going in to a city to sell loot and leaving...
she got pregnant not even a day after the wedding while moving through a desert,
Hold on, are either of you saying you got a pregnant while just moving on the map, or anything else other then "waiting in fief during the daily check" ?
In my game none have occurred outside of waiting in a fief, but if they changed it, that's big news and should be explained!

Hold on, are either of you saying you got a pregnant while just moving on the map, or anything else other then "waiting in fief during the daily check" ?
In my game none have occurred outside of waiting in a fief, but if they changed it, that's big news and should be explained!

My experience has always been the same... usually it takes several days of wait, reload, wait, reload.

But in my new 1.7 playthrough, I've literally dipped my toe into a city for no time - gone to market and left - pregnant. Twice. Now it could be coincidence that I entered the town twice at the daily check. But twice? Could be coincidence.

Hubby is governor, so maybe it's a case of him waiting at the gate for me...

Yup! during traveling I was very surprised, they married in one town in khuzait then got pregnant mid travel before I reached the next

edit: I was more shocked it happen the same day of the marriage

My experience has always been the same... usually it takes several days of wait, reload, wait, reload.

But in my new 1.7 playthrough, I've literally dipped my toe into a city for no time - gone to market and left - pregnant. Twice. Now it could be coincidence that I entered the town twice at the daily check. But twice? Could be coincidence.

Hubby is governor, so maybe it's a case of him waiting at the gate for me...
Yup! during traveling I was very surprised, they married in one town in khuzait then got pregnant mid travel before I reached the next
@SadShogun I want to know about this!? Is there a change to when/how you get pregnant in .17 beta?

How to receive heir?

Usually, in history, you'd write a letter to the Pope, he would say "No" and then you'd throw a hissy fit, make your own church and execute your wife.

Once they have that charm perk, it's hard to stop them getting pregnant. My character has gotten pregnant twice just going in to a city to sell loot and leaving... The last one was wen she was 39, with a stack of kids already. I was trying not to have any more kids.

But then my character has 315 Charm. She just can't be resisted by him. Immortal Charm is my new favourite perk.

Off to the suggestions box to suggest the pill.
I'm having the opposite experience with the Virile perk. Gave it to both my MC and my wife. Before the perk had two kids without too much trouble, now it seems impossible. Spent about 10 days total spread over a few stays and nothing. Decided to start save scumming to do it. 20 attempts, and still nothing. Thought I would do an experiment to see how long it would take if i just let it run. First time, 10 days. Did it again, 47 days of non-stop waiting for her to get pregnant! It seems like the perk is making it harder, not easier.

How to receive heir?

if you disabled death all together, there won't be birth

I'm having the opposite experience with the Virile perk. Gave it to both my MC and my wife. Before the perk had two kids without too much trouble, now it seems impossible. Spent about 10 days total spread over a few stays and nothing. Decided to start save scumming to do it. 20 attempts, and still nothing. Thought I would do an experiment to see how long it would take if i just let it run. First time, 10 days. Did it again, 47 days of non-stop waiting for her to get pregnant! It seems like the perk is making it harder, not easier.

I forget the ratio, but I think the more children you have and the older you get, the lower the chance of more. So if your character is ageing... eg A 30% increase in a 10% chance is 13% so not a big deal.

I'm up to 5 girls on my current playthrough. I'm considering scumming to get a few boys in the mix..

Back
Top Bottom