Precursors

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been enjoying this game immensely also. Though I still get bitten every once and again by the lack of autosave. I really hate the fact that I've come to rely on such a thing when I didn't have to years ago

Yeah, I just trekked across the desert to kill a group of bandits, but forgot to quicksave, so when they killed me I just quit.

Aye. Just a habit I'll need to get into. The quicksave function is really handy but I still find myself quick saving too frequently and ending up in a bind.

Anyway, about that warehouse quest. It's the one where I need to recover the power unit for my ship, in the caves. It says I have the key but alas, the warehouse won't open. I think I'm going to have to start the game again.

BattleOfValmy said:
How do I upgrade my weapons with the upgrade parts? :/
Click the toolbox style icon at the top of the inventory, highlight the weapon and any valid parts will be shown at the bottom. Select a part and hit "Assemble". Though note your default chance of success is 20% !
If you want a 100% rate of success, head to a gunsmith (there's one on the market stalls, between the hide and fruit sellers IIRC) and choose the "I want to upgrade my weapon" or similar. Same screen, but you'll notice the chance is now 100% and you're being charged 100 credits for it.

Familyguy1 said:
Arch, is it better to use Wesps or the one you mentioned on the other page for the sounds... or was that Wesps patch?
Wesps patch at the moment just changes the writing. Whether to apply it or not is personal preference really; I find it a better quality translation than the one used with Gamer's Gate. The sound isn't a patch, you're copying the original Russian sound files over then adding the English cutscene files as an override. It's necessary if you want a) to understand what the cutscenes are about and b) want environmental audio.

Elenmmare said:
Aye. Just a habit I'll need to get into. The quicksave function is really handy but I still find myself quick saving too frequently and ending up in a bind.
You have three quicksave slots. I usually save before setting out on a mission, after the completion of a mission and whenever I feel nervous about not having saved for a while.
Anyway, about that warehouse quest. It's the one where I need to recover the power unit for my ship, in the caves. It says I have the key but alas, the warehouse won't open. I think I'm going to have to start the game again.
Check the bandit corpses and make sure you actually have the keycard. The card is on the last bandit you killed and needs to be picked up to open the door; the mission updates as soon as you kill the named bandit and falsely states you have the keycard whether you pick it up or not.

Heh. Corpses are all empty but I don't have the card. Suppose I'll be starting again then :razz:. Have to patch it up anyway.

You know, I don't think anyone's actually done a full walk-through of this game.

Maybe you could make an awesome one with screenies and junk, Arch.

The thing with these AAR's is that Arch does them so good they always make me want to buy a game I really won't ever get into anyway. Like with Sword of the Stars. :razz:

I've been looking at this game for a while now after reading RockPaperShotgun's review of it. It's definitely looking like one of those games which tries to cram everything in it and somehow makes it all fun because of it.

Though of course, at the usual issue with bugs and whatnot else but it doesn't seem to be such a huge problem here.

One of those games that can actually give you giddy excitement when you step into your first ship.

"Cannot download the file because of a timeout Details: The server sent incorrect reply on restart command"

Well ****, guess I have to play without voices and buggy sounds then.

Heh, Megaupload is completely blocked here in HK. A tad amusing, seeing as the company is from HK.

I just did the mission for whatshisface reidger guy, I went to Sarux(?) to pick up the package...holy crap those Tagos are scary as hell, the one mission on the planet that you can do is eliminate a whole pack of then in the cave. Some plantation people got attacked, so I went to the scene of the attack and saw the package and hi-tailed it back to the ship, Those Tagos are creepy.

One interesting thing I noticed, there was a fence with a Tago behind it...yet when it attacked me it just walked through the fence.. :???:

Anyway, I am liking it so far.

The Tagos are nothing. Wait till you see the spiders, those are bastards. Admittedly, by the time I got around to starting the plot missions I was using explosive ammo exclusively, which helps a lot against the wildlife (AP against raiders, natch).

Back
Top Bottom