Precursors

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah now I remembered what I wanted to ask. On Goldin you can get a quest from some "Ecologist". he wants you to bring him some mysterious flower. No problem there, drove to where the magic marker pointed, got the flower.
Now the marker reads "away" and the "Ecologist" is gone D:
Bug or mistake on my part? A quick glance at the DS forum doesn't show me anything, but I'll take another look now.

Same thing happened to be, run around the village for a few minutes then go back to the spot, he should be there. Ive done a few missions for Ridigier. Found both refueling stations, one run by bandits, the other by Security like you find in the city. Go bandits, it only costs 80 credits to refuel, whereas at the normal refueling station, it costs more.

Oh I love it when I run out of ammo for buggy, I can just go to the refueling station and jack one of theirs without anyone caring  :lol:

Im still loving this game though, so much to do!

Wellenbrecher said:
Now the marker reads "away" and the "Ecologist" is gone D:
Bug or mistake on my part? A quick glance at the DS forum doesn't show me anything, but I'll take another look now.
He'll come back. Either wait a while or go do another sidequest or two before coming back.

Familyguy1 said:
Go bandits, it only costs 80 credits to refuel, whereas at the normal refueling station, it costs more.
If you get the merchant perk, you can buy the fuel cans from the traders in town for about half that.
Im still loving this game though, so much to do!
You're not even past the first level yet :razz:

Not sure. The second planet is split into two, you'll only really be able to do one of those zones depending on who you side with; though I suspect you could finish the plot mission then spend a few thousand credits repairing your reputation with the other faction to access their side missions if you really wanted.

Psh, looking at the screenshots and game video I thought this game would roll easily with highest settings.
But it actually looks pretty ****ty while shredding my computer like.. Most games with better graphics that I've played on this machine.

Same, I set it to low for good FPS :razz:

And yet at low it still doesn't look too bad. I wish there were more advanced settings, because I'd like to set all the textures to Highest but leave the shadows either low or off, because Precursor's shadows kind of suck.

Edit: Actually, I felt stupid after posting that, because I could just edit the .ini.

Right now I'm looking to see if I can tweak the video settings around. The file is located in C:/Program Files/Precursors/ini/ funnily enough. Just open the EngineSettings file, but remember to make a backup first.

Yeah, like Boiling Point there's all sorts of fun you can do with the .ini files.

The following are likely to be most helpful for those struggling with the FPS:

EngineSettings.ini - lets you tweak several of the graphical options, like lightmaps / vertex lighting, precaching and the like
VideoOptions.ini - gives you more graphics tweaking.

Probably of most interest for those with FPS issues is the above two let you tweak things like grass draw distance and the like, which should let you grab a few more frames. All the comments in the file are in English and it's reasonably self explanatory, but remember to back the files up before you start meddling, just in case.

There's also controls.ini that'll let you tweak the controls if needed.

I wonder if it would be possible to drop the film grain, if only to see how it looks.

Thanks for the review Arch, I'll be picking this up after deciding who I'd like to buy it from. You do write a fun to read AAR.

So I finally was able to download the original sound packs and was playing with sounds and it's truly awesome.
The Russian sounds make it even a bit more alien than it would be if everyone would speak English.

Now I've got a weird graphical problem I can't locate, doesn't matter wether the game is on low or high I get these fps spikes every 10 seconds or so where the fps drops from 30 to 5 for few seconds and goes back up.

Also how do you use the markers on the sidequest board? I've got about six sidequests and I didn't figure out how to change them, so every time I got a job the markers moved to the next one and after doing the first one the marker didn't show up on the list.

Archonsod said:
There's a fix for it on the Deep Shadow forums, but I think you need to be running the proper 1.1 version.

Yeah, my mangled version has no POSTPACKAGE folder. It's all good. Made it into space. Fantastic game. Haven't been able to win that race...

Looking forward to boarding enemy ships.

Hey Arch, on Goldin, have you noticed that the lighting seems a bit bright? Or do I just have some graphical settings up to high...?

Elenmmare said:
Archonsod said:
There's a fix for it on the Deep Shadow forums, but I think you need to be running the proper 1.1 version.

Yeah, my mangled version has no POSTPACKAGE folder. It's all good. Made it into space. Fantastic game. Haven't been able to win that race...

Looking forward to boarding enemy ships.

Engine upgrades, bro. I won it on my first try with a huge lead :razz:

So uh, do the guards stop chasing me after a certain time or do I get respect from them for killing bandits and raiders?
Because when I was about to go back to the town to have a chat with the captain about the bandit lair I accidentally drove over the buggy guy infront of the gate and the last save was a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom