Precursors

Users who are viewing this thread

Hyperion said:
Well, you can either call it unoriginal or full of references; pick one.

I pick "full of references" then.  Despite all nods to other bits of fiction, this is still one of the most original games I've played in the last few years.

Archonsod said:
Flanged said:
Eh, can anybody tell me how to deploy the beacons for the sandworm quest? 
Look for a ghost of the beacon lying around (it's a greenish transparent thing IIRC), you should be able to just walk up and use it.

Thanks Arch.  Once I've got rid of these I can get into some serious looting and selling.  i don't know if they even have a weight to them, but they take up too much backpack space.

Josef_the_Pretender said:
In fairness, I set him up for the punchline  :lol:

Then allow me to congratulate you both on the production of this most excellent jest! 

Kronic said:
Hijacked the robot in the opening mission, respawned back in it on the planet after the cutscene.

Hi did you do that? This shouldn't be possible in the 1.1 version at least...

Holy ****ing Jesus, Deep Shadows made a Sci-Fi game? My cock is still hard from Boiling Point, and now this? W00t!!!!

Archonsod said:
Psht, both it and Boiling Point's sequel were cheap on GG a week or two ago, you missed your chance :razz:

And they're both ****ing amazing.

Boiling Point's sequel? Are you really telling me that White Gold is actually honest to God real? I'd stared at the wiki page through one bloodshot eye, hitting f5 every ten seconds just to hear that it's more than a feverish dream, and now you just nonchalantly claim that it exists? For ****s sake, this is just too much for one man to take in all at once.

Takes a minute of downloading unzipping files to get your sound in there, but worth it.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12402

the links for Precursors are in the appropriate forum as well.

Well, slap my ass and call me sally. That's nice.  Good ol wesp, making awesome games, awesomer.

Hey all, looks like no one has posted to this thread for over a year. Seems like I got into this game well after everyone else! Well, it's still tons of fun for me, and especially refreshing since I just beat ME2. Anyway, I was wondering about the russian audio pack. Since megauploads has been shut down I've only been able to find a torrent of the files. It's at 71% but it has been for a few days now. Though the Precursors wiki says to give it a week, I just wonder if anyone has another source for the files? I can't get it from beamdog as I bought the game from gamersgate. Any help would be great. Also, if anyone is still playing it, cheers and hello there.

AFAIk you still need Wesp's patch to really play it. The GG version is still nothing but the cracked (!) Russian with all the voice files ripped from it.

And yes, they literally went and used a crack from some warez group.

Is wesp's patch supposed to include the russian voice files? Cause I installed 1.5 and don't have 'em...

Hm. I'm on Gli and I'm supposed to take a photograph of a meeting, but when I got where the green flag sent me I realized I didn't have a camera. Do you need to buy one, say from the Clatz, to be able to take a photo? Or is it a function you always have? If so, I haven't been able to find it yet on the keyboard. Sorry for being such a noob!

Ah, yeah, my bad, just had to look a little harder... though it was right under my nose. An alien eye camera that's been in my inventory the whole game, just didn't remember I had it.

Back
Top Bottom