Prebuild characters

Users who are viewing this thread

I was wondering if any one want's to play as a character made by Taleword for Gamescon demos. I saw on the forum someone told about it but without response. I know that character creation in Bannerlord would be a important piece of gameplay for many of you but maybe there are some people that finds it exciting to play a campaing with some (3-5) ready to use characters.

Ya. Would be nice especualy if you have difficulty options and goals. Like extreme difficulty you start with no allies in the middle of hostile facti0n where you have one castle and you cant lose it for a year or something like that...

Arnas_O said:
Ya. Would be nice especualy if you have difficulty options and goals. Like extreme difficulty you start with no allies in the middle of hostile facti0n where you have one castle and you cant lose it for a year or something like that...

I don't think that is possible in sandbox campaing.

FBohler said:
Sounds fair enough.

It would be cool to have a premade canon character for every faction.

Very nice idea. I would add maybe two ready to use characters per faction for example one men and one women for each.

Asad111 said:
Arnas_O said:

I don't think that is possible in sandbox campaing.
It's definitely possible. One example of a sandbox game that does something like this is Kenshi; you choose from many premade starts with pre-existing faction relations, character skills, party, etc. I see no reason why Bannerlord cant do the same. I think the demo characters from gamescom are proof of concept at least.

It would be neat if players could create starting conditions as well, uploaded to workshop the same as any other mod.

vicwiz007 said:
It's definitely possible. One example of a sandbox game that does something like this is Kenshi; you choose from many premade starts with pre-existing faction relations, character skills, party, etc. I see no reason why Bannerlord cant do the same. I think the demo characters from gamescom are proof of concept at least.

It would be neat if players could create starting conditions as well, uploaded to workshop the same as any other mod.

Not everyone's favourite (I quite like it still) but Viking conquest gave you a lot of freedom for the sort of start you get in it's campaign including it's Storyline, Sandbox, Lordly Sandbox and King Sandbox. Coupled with a lot of other options you could play with to create a different start. A good amount of options would be nice although a fresh sandbox is still my personal favourite.

Being able to set objectives and other parameters would be a really nice feature though, especially with your Workshop suggestion.

vicwiz007 said:

I meant The Game. Bannerlord.

I like this idea, especially since our saves will probably be butchered every other patch during early access.

We could restart as either a:
-Mercenary captain.
-Minor lord of every faction.
-Trader.
-Bandit.
-Something more?

I think it would be cool if you could start at whichever level of success. The problem with that though is that if you can start of the Sultan or the Emperor immediately there isn't as much motivation to grind your way up to the top, which has always played a large role in Bannerlord's predecessor.

warband kinda had them, if you lauch custom battle you can choose who you play as from a selection of pre-build characters with a bit of background story. it's pretty cool and I would love to have those on campaign aswell

as for parameters, I dont think there is a need for them, I love playing with made up rules and goals, especially skyrim (ex: you cannot steal, you cannot use archery, you cannot abuse AI pathfinding), I didn't need a mod to make me lose if I broke my rules, I simply enjoyed challenging my self, and didn't feel like cheating.

in warband I challenged myself to create a character that was forbidden from using horses, and that was a ton of fun

I believe I brought this up in an older post, but I was very much in favor of it. Particularly if Taleworlds really makes something of it and has different levels of scripted events, story missions, dialogue options, and backstory to explore and learn about your premade character. I expect many people will like playing as a custom sandbox character, but I wouldn't mind 3-5 premade characters with a fully explorable story to play once or twice.

The one thing Warband really lacked was the option to build and expand upon the lore and tell interesting stories. Yes, we as the players could tell stories of our adventures, but now Taleworlds had the opportunity to tell their own grand story with a more scripted campaign mode alongside our tried and true sandbox mode. But I don't expect this off the back of early access, but Talworlds keep it in mind for DLC? *Wink* *Wink*

Goldfire223 said:
The one thing Warband really lacked was the option to build and expand upon the lore and tell interesting stories. Yes, we as the players could tell stories of our adventures, but now Taleworlds had the opportunity to tell their own grand story with a more scripted campaign mode alongside our tried and true sandbox mode. But I don't expect this off the back of early access, but Talworlds keep it in mind for DLC? *Wink* *Wink*

In my opinion the roleplaying event chain, which was mentioned by developers to include into the game, will playable from very beginning of EA. It may be one of the key features of gameplay which should be the basis of game so it would be hard to put it in the game later, I think.

Asad111 said:
Goldfire223 said:

In my opinion the roleplaying event chain, which was mentioned by developers to include into the game, will playable from very beginning of EA. It may be one of the key features of gameplay which should be the basis of game so it would be hard to put it in the game later, I think.

Good point, we haven't heard about the intro story in a long time. I'm not sure it will be ready in time for Early Access. Maybe the game will initially be introduced by the small tutorial boxes seen in the gamescom builds of 2018 and 2019. 

If it won't be ready in time of EA it would be unnecesssary. For what do you need roleplay when you are in the middle of the game and doesn't want to start another.

Brought this up in another thread regarding save retention. Suffice to say, you will probably restart a lot between patches in early access since every other patch may break saves. Which is why it is good to also have pre-built characters.

Back
Top Bottom