SP Native Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment (v0.96.3 for Warband 1143+WSE)-patch for 115x

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello.
I would have a question about performance drop i've experienced.

After a LOT of testing i've discovered that PBOD  cause stutturing (heavy one) during battles. A 200vs200 battle whit pbod would be almost unplayable, otherwise i can play even 400vs400 smootly no matter witch mod do i use. I've tried to untick EVERY mod options but nothing changed.

Now i'm wondering what can cause such a huge performance drop. If it was just a little bit i could understand (cause of the more complex AI/formations i think) but not something like that :sad:

Thanks a lot for the help.

I'm (still) surprised you are having these issues. What are your system specs?

PBOD does run a loop through all agents^2 every 0.5 secs, even with everything turned off, which can be increasingly CPU intensive at higher battle sizes. It simply gathers information on how close agents are to enemies, their type, etc for use by the formations code and my expanded 'special orders' AI (it is originally from the formations code). It is the only thing I can think of that might be having this result--I've never tested it on large battle sizes (only on the stock 150). Might you provide a savegame before large battle so I can see what the result is on my own system and do some performance testing?

I can look into making that data gathering turn off if Formations AI and special orders AI are off and only gather the data on-demand if the player gives a formation order or a special attack order (like spear bracing) and see if that makes a difference...but I'll need the above savegame to locate that data gathering as the culprit, first I think.

My spec :

Phenom 2 x4 965 @4ghz (2.8ghz northbridge)
8gb ddr3 1333 ram
560ti 1gb vga

I've no "real" savegame as for solving that i've tried several reinstall of the game. That's cause this mod is really amazing and i can't stand playng whitout it. I can give you one of the savefile i use for testing (me +500man vs 500 looters/searaider). Would that be enough for the testing? Or you need a formation-using-lord for that? Anyway i can assure you that the situation would be the same.

Here is the savegame : http://www.filefactory.com/file/c3afe9c/n/test_savegame.rar

Anyway the stutter is exactly (more or less) every 0.5s so i think you just found the problem.

UPDATE : Seems like there is no stuttering in sieges (tested on 350 vs 350).

Caba`drin said:
NOTE to ALL - would love your responses to current POLL: as the mod approaches 'version 1' (that is, accomplishing all the major things I wanted to do with a decent amount of polish and lack of bugs) would it be better to streamline the name of the mod to a more eloquent 1 or 2 word title (akin to "Diplomacy") such as "Tactics" or "Tactics and Strategy" or "Strategery" (heh) or something? OR would a name change be confusing, and as 'bad' as the name is, PBOD is recognized enough that it would be harmful to change it?

dsb3232 said:
First of all, thanks Caba'drin for this great mod! I'll never play vanilla without this sucker again  :cool:
Cheers! That's what I love to hear!

dsb3232 said:
I am currently having a bit of an issue and haven't been able to figure it out yet - I've installed the latest beta (957) and run the game from the launcher icon the installer created.  I am not using any other mods, though I have done some tweaking with TweakMB.  My issue is that when I get to the pre-battle deployment phase and press F to skip deployment, the camera doesn't zoom in to the first/third person view mode.  I have been working around this by alt-tabbing out of the game and back in (which fixes the problem) but wondered if you might have any insight into the issue? (I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Warband and the mod with no change).
Thanks for pointing that out, dsb; I was not aware of that problem. When exactly do you hit 'F'? Quite quickly and close to the fade in, I'm guessing? Is it any different if you wait a bit before hitting F? (The alt-tabbing fix seems a bit confusing, too, as a solution...hrm)

As for a non-Alt-Tab temporary fix, have you tried either switching to first-person and then back to third-person OR using the "view character" button for a second OR hitting the custom camera toggle key (END by default)?

If you can help me out with those questions, that would be great and hopefully I can track this down and prevent it for next release.

Thanks for the help :smile: Unfortunately, none of your suggestions seemed to help.  I tried waiting and each of the view changes without success - switching from first to third and back does seem make my shield disappear and reappear on my character's back, but I stay at the higher bird's-eye view. 

I have installed Warband on my laptop and installed PBOD on that and don't get the same issue, so I suppose it may be something specific to my rig (not that it has had any problems before).  For now, I'll just alt-tab anyway - your work is too good to give up!

For whatever reason whenever i try to install this it tells me that i don't have version 1.143 installed even though i do. Is it still safe to use this?

chaos marine said:
For whatever reason whenever i try to install this it tells me that i don't have version 1.143 installed even though i do. Is it still safe to use this?
Safe? Sure...not sure why it would be unsafe. The current download is what should be used with 1.143 and working for folks.

Is the problem with the installer (that's just a warning that should be able to be overridden...but you shouldn't be getting it if you actually have 1.143) or is the problem with the game launcher after you have it installed? If it is with the installer, you might want to point it to your Warband\Modules\PreBattle O&D\ folder manually (or at least confirm that the installer is finding what should be your Warband folder correctly) and see if that helps it out.

If you are having problems with the launcher, then you'll need to check your rgl_log.txt (found in your Warband install folder) and ensure that you actually do in fact have 1.143. It will say your true version near the top of the file. If it isn't 1.143, reinstall Warband--something went wrong with a patch or some such.

Things had been going great in my latest game (Diplo42+PBOD92.7), but some errors started cropping up. I'm helping a claimant who's in my party. I did two new things after which the errors started: 1. captured a town 2. looked at but didn't make any changes or even enable the Split Troops screen.

Here's me camping, entering a battle, then entering a tavern. I can't post links yet so it's mangled.
pastebin[dot]com/y79h30Wj

tt03 said:
Things had been going great in my latest game (Diplo42+PBOD92.7)
Is this PBOD version 0.92, or version 0.957?

tt03 said:
Here's me camping, entering a battle, then entering a tavern. I can't post links yet so it's mangled.
pastebin.com/y79h30Wj
I'm really at a loss here. I've no clue how the game engine could be feeding the script "game_event_party_encounter" an erroneous value (party id 2) for the party you are fighting with...but that is clearly what is happening to cause all of these errors.

Was this a new game started with this version? A game updated from a previous version? Or originally a native game?

Caba`drin said:
tt03 said:
Things had been going great in my latest game (Diplo42+PBOD92.7)
Is this PBOD version 0.92, or version 0.957?

It's Diplo42+PBOD92.7z extracted on to a copy of native.

tt03 said:
pastebin.com/y79h30Wj
I'm really at a loss here. I've no clue how the game engine could be feeding the script "game_event_party_encounter" an erroneous value (party id 2) for the party you are fighting with...but that is clearly what is happening to cause all of these errors.

Was this a new game started with this version? A game updated from a previous version? Or originally a native game?

First off, this game was in fact started in Diplo42 and then copied over. Going back to a much earlier save I narrowed it down a bit more. This looks like a strange interaction between claimants and Diplo42's town pillage feature.

When I capture a town, I get a prisoner screen, a loot screen, a pillage screen, and then a screen from the claimant to assign the town to someone. The claimant installs a small garrison in newly captured castles/towns.

If I delay the assignment, the next time I try to assign a fief through the claimant, if I'm in the town I get a pillage screen and the garrison is reset. If I'm not in the town I get a pillage screen that is for {$camp} and the save is corrupted. In both cases the fief is assigned correctly.

If I don't delay the assignment, the fief is assigned correctly, the garrison is reset, and no other errors seem to occur. I'm not sure who's maintaining Diplomacy or even if 4.2 is still maintained so I'll just post all this here :smile: 

So, I've closed the poll at 20 voters again, since that's when I closed the last poll and it seemed about time.
Second PBOD poll:
Yes. Something one-word and simple a la Diplomacy...perhaps "Tactics" or "Strategery"...is a must : 25% (5)
No. "PBOD" is known and changing the name would be confusing                                                   : 75% (15)
Total votes: 20

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it...looks like I'll stick with my terrible naming convention after all :wink:

Other updates:
ulb said:
Here is the savegame : http://www.filefactory.com/file/c3afe9c/n/test_savegame.rar

Anyway the stutter is exactly (more or less) every 0.5s so i think you just found the problem.

UPDATE : Seems like there is no stuttering in sieges (tested on 350 vs 350).
Thanks for this. Confirmed that this what is causing the 'stutters' (though different in effect than the graphics driver-caused stock Warband stutter that some folks face)...starting approximately at a battle size of around 200 on my machine. So...am working on ways to improve the data gathering code, either to use the agent^2 loop less frequently or to limit the range of the agent^2 loop itself. Might take a bit to fully optimize...and I'm not certain I can guarantee it will be possible to get smooth at a battle size of 400.

Also, as some have requested, I've activated the majority of the range of PBOD features in Custom/Quick Battles and tested them with them working to satisfaction. Not available will be pre-battle orders/deployment and split divisions: deployment makes no sense as everyone will spawn with you anyway; pre-battle orders don't seem necessary when you can use pre-battle positioning to set yourself up and we're only dealing with one battle at a time; and split divisions is difficult to work out in the context of a custom battle but I may try to do so at another time. Also, no modifications/enhancements to the custom battle system beyond activating these features. May do that at a later point, too.

Left before 0.96: finalize AI for pavise deployment (the rest of the system is seemingly bug free); track down spawn position errors with the 'snap to position' for AI in formations; hopefully optimize the formations code causing problems at high battle sizes.

tt03 said:
It's Diplo42+PBOD92.7z extracted on to a copy of native.
The Diplo42+PBOD92 file should be extracted onto a copy of Diplomacy 4.2, not Native. So that might be leading to some of the problems.

I'm running into the same problem as dsb3232. When I'm at the pre battle deployment phase I press F to end it and I just stay stuck there frozen as do my troops. I can scroll my mouse wheel and my weapons will change, but that's it. If I alt+tab and come back, everything is cool though I haven't verified if my troops will suddenly be at the destinations I had told them to go.

I'm using the steam version of warband ( latest of course ) and I just did an uninstall/reinstall to try and fix the issue, but no go. From what you've said it looks like you aren't able to duplicate the issue in your environment, so I understand it would be hard to troubleshoot. Are there any warband config files that reside outside of the install directory?

The fact that you say it is the Steam version is quite helpful as that is something I cannot test or reproduce being as I don't have Warband through Steam.
Would you mind downloading the new version of WSE and checking if that helps you? You can find it here. Unzip the file into your ...warband\Modules\PreBattle O&D\WSE\ folder, overwriting all of the files there. It is supposed to do better with Steam versions.

No noticeable change. A couple of things I should add... This was installed with the Diplomacy + PBOD + WSE installer. I will go ahead and do an install of just PBOD and WSE to see if I get the same results.

Also, I seem to get no flag when holding F1 sometimes and if I watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5A6Hbk9uKg the first two options on that menu are not presented when I encounter a battle.

Kojakk said:
No noticeable change. A couple of things I should add... This was installed with the Diplomacy + PBOD + WSE installer. I will go ahead and do an install of just PBOD and WSE to see if I get the same results.
Hurumph. Alright, I'd appreciate that, too. Can you go into your WSE folder and check if there is a wse_log.txt or crash log type file. If so, can you paste the contents here in a [code] [/code] block? Your Warband rgl_log.txt (in the main Warband install folder) might be useful too, just to double-check.

Kojakk said:
Also, I seem to get no flag when holding F1 sometimes and if I watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5A6Hbk9uKg the first two options on that menu are not presented when I encounter a battle.
Sometimes the 'overhead' angle I've chosen for deployment makes the flag start in strange positions. You can switch back to normal view by hitting END which might help you track the flag until you are used to this.

The other two options will appear when your character has at least 2 points of tactics skill, while the basic options appear with 1 point.

The below is after switching to the PBOD installer. Same in-game results, unfortunately.

**Edit. This last time I tried, I get the flag but when I place it nothing happens. I select 1 for infantry, then hold F1 and place the flag. The infantry should "pop" over to that spot, correct?

Code:
[14:17:46] WSE v2.5.2 by cmpxchg8b (Build date: Feb 18 2012 16:54:08)
[14:17:46] WSE path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\PreBattle O&D\WSE\
[14:17:46] WSE netcode version: 5
[14:17:46] Warband version: Steam

Code:
Starting new log file.
 Version:  1.143 

-- OS: Microsoft Windows 7  Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 4095MB/4096MB
-- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9550  @ 2.83GHz (GenuineIntel)
 - L2 cache size: 6144K
 - CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EST HTT 
 - Number of CPUs: 4 ( Speed: ~2833MHz / ~2833MHz / ~2833MHz / ~2833MHz )

-- GPU:
 - D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti  
 - Texture Memory: 4065 ( Available Texture Memory: 4045 )

Received stats and achievements from Steam

Processing Ini File {
 Module_name =  Calradia 
 Num Hints =  12 
 Setting Map Min X =  -180.000000 
 Setting Map Max X =  180.000000 
 Setting Map Min Y =  -145.000000 
 Setting Map Max Y =  145.000000 
 Setting Time Multiplier =  0.250000 
 Setting Seeing Range Multiplier =  6.500000 
 Setting Track Spotting Multiplier =  0.800000 
 Setting player_wounded_treshold =  5.000000 
 Setting hero_wounded_treshold =  15.000000 
 Setting Skill Prisoner Management Bonus =  5 
 Setting Skill Leadership Bonus =  3 
 Setting Base Companion Limit =  20 
 Setting player_xp_multiplier =  2.000000 
 Setting hero_xp_multiplier =  2.000000 
 Setting regulars_xp_multiplier =  3.000000 
 Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold =  3.000000 
 Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold_mp =  1.000000 
 Setting armor_soak_factor_against_cut =  0.800000 
 Setting armor_soak_factor_against_pierce =  0.650000 
 Setting armor_soak_factor_against_blunt =  0.500000 
 Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_cut =  1.000000 
 Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce =  0.500000 
 Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt =  0.750000 
 Setting horse_charge_damage_multiplier =  1.000000 
 Setting couched_lance_damage_multiplier =  0.650000 
 Setting fall_damage_multiplier =  1.000000 
 Setting shield_penetration_offset =  30.000000 
 Setting shield_penetration_factor =  3.000000 
 Setting missile_damage_speed_power =  1.900000 
 Setting melee_damage_speed_power =  2.000000 
 Setting multiplayer_walk_enabled =  0 
 Setting mission_object_prune_time =  180 
 Scan Module Textures =  1 
 Scan Module Sounds =  0 
 Loading Resource  test 
 Loading Resource  textures_face_gen 
 Loading Resource  shaders 
 Loading Resource  textures 
 Loading Resource  materials 
 Loading Resource  materials_face_gen 
 Loading Resource  uimeshes 
 Loading Resource  meshes_face_gen 
 Loading Resource  helpers 
 Loading Resource  map_tree_meshes 
 Loading Resource  map_icon_meshes 
 Loading Resource  particle_meshes 
 Loading Resource  skeletons 
 Loading Resource  tree_meshes 
 Loading Resource  xtree_meshes 
 Loading Resource  grass_meshes 
 Loading Resource  plant_meshes 
 Loading Resource  body_meshes 
 Loading Resource  object_meshes 
 Loading Resource  object_bodies 
 Loading Resource  goods_meshes 
 Loading Resource  item_meshes1 
 Loading Resource  horse_a 
 Loading Resource  arabian_horses 
 Loading Resource  arabian_castle 
 Loading Resource  food 
 Loading Resource  beards 
 Loading Resource  armors_b 
 Loading Resource  armors_c 
 Loading Resource  armors_d 
 Loading Resource  armors_e 
 Loading Resource  armors_f 
 Loading Resource  armors_g 
 Loading Resource  armors_h 
 Loading Resource  armors_i 
 Loading Resource  boots_b 
 Loading Resource  boots_c 
 Loading Resource  helmets 
 Loading Resource  helmets_b 
 Loading Resource  village_houses 
 Loading Resource  village_houses_a 
 Loading Resource  village_houses_b 
 Loading Resource  hair 
 Loading Resource  deneme 
 Loading Resource  interiors_a 
 Loading Resource  interiors_b 
 Loading Resource  interiors_c 
 Loading Resource  arena 
 Loading Resource  map_icons_b 
 Loading Resource  castle_a 
 Loading Resource  dungeon 
 Loading Resource  stone_houses 
 Loading Resource  snowy_houses 
 Loading Resource  snowy_castle 
 Loading Resource  helmets_d 
 Loading Resource  helmets_e 
 Loading Resource  helmets_f 
 Loading Resource  castle_b 
 Loading Resource  square_keep 
 Loading Resource  anim_b 
 Loading Resource  shields 
 Loading Resource  shields_b 
 Loading Resource  weapon_meshes_c 
 Loading Resource  xtree_meshes_b 
 Loading Resource  map_icons_c 
 Loading Resource  pictures 
 Loading Resource  user_interface_b 
 Loading Resource  user_interface_c 
 Loading Resource  scene_encounter_spot 
 Loading Resource  interior_thirsty_lion 
 Loading Resource  scene_small_tavern 
 Loading Resource  weapon_meshes1 
 Loading Resource  weapon_meshes_b 
 Loading Resource  houses1 
 Loading Resource  wall_meshes1 
 Loading Resource  town_houses 
 Loading Resource  doors 
 Loading Resource  churches 
 Loading Resource  town_houses_b 
 Loading Resource  castle_c 
 Loading Resource  castle_d 
 Loading Resource  castle_e 
 Loading Resource  castle_f 
 Loading Resource  castle_g 
 Loading Resource  castle_h 
 Loading Resource  castle_i 
 Loading Resource  gatehouse 
 Loading Resource  viking_houses 
 Loading Resource  fake_houses 
 Loading Resource  town_houses_c 
 Loading Resource  banners 
 Loading Resource  map_flags 
 Loading Resource  map_flags_b 
 Loading Resource  map_flags_c 
 Loading Resource  map_flags_d 
 Loading Resource  particles_2 
 Loading Resource  prisons 
 Loading Resource  prisons_b 
 Loading Resource  interiors_d 
 Loading Resource  costumes_b 
 Loading Resource  costumes_c 
 Loading Resource  arena_costumes 
 Loading Resource  boots_a 
 Loading Resource  terrain_borders 
 Loading Resource  terrain_borders_b 
 Loading Resource  skyboxes 
 Loading Resource  object_b 
 Loading Resource  tree_e_meshes 
 Loading Resource  destroy 
 Loading Resource  xtree_meshes_c 
 Loading Resource  grass_meshes_b 
 Loading Resource  interiors_steppe 
 Loading Resource  grooming_horse 
 Loading Resource  town_houses_d 
 Loading Resource  horses_b 
 Loading Resource  ani_horse_mounted 
 Loading Resource  deneme2 
 Loading Resource  horse_skeleton 
 Loading Resource  steppe_fake_houses 
 Loading Resource  weapon_meshes_d 
 Loading Resource  tableau_shields 
 Loading Resource  heraldic_armors 
 Loading Resource  spear 
 Loading Resource  weapons_e 
 Loading Resource  weapons_f 
 Loading Resource  instruments 
 Loading Resource  sarranid_armors 
 Loading Resource  custom_banner 
 Loading Resource  simple_primitives 
 Loading Resource  ani_man_walk 
 Loading Resource  ani_twohanded 
 Loading Resource  ani_onehanded 
 Loading Resource  ani_death 
 Loading Resource  ani_stand_guardsman 
 Loading Resource  ani_human_mounted 
 Loading Resource  ani_lady_stand 
 Loading Resource  ani_poses 
 Loading Resource  ani_stand_shopkeeper 
 Loading Resource  ani_man_cheer 
 Loading Resource  ani_stand_onhorse 
 Loading Resource  ani_throw_stone 
 Loading Resource  ani_strikes 
 Loading Resource  ani_equip_arms 
 Loading Resource  ani_run_p 
 Loading Resource  ani_run_forward_left_right 
 Loading Resource  uni_strikes3 
 Loading Resource  ani_walk_sideways 
 Loading Resource  ani_run_sideways 
 Loading Resource  ani_stand 
 Loading Resource  ani_crouch_down 
 Loading Resource  ani_low_walk 
 Loading Resource  ani_turn_man 
 Loading Resource  ani_attacks_single 
 Loading Resource  ani_lancer 
 Loading Resource  ani_attacks 
 Loading Resource  ani_kicks 
 Loading Resource  ani_parry_attack 
 Loading Resource  ani_walk_backward 
 Loading Resource  ani_run_lookingsides 
 Loading Resource  ani_defends 
 Loading Resource  ani_walk_lookingsides 
 Loading Resource  ani_jump 
 Loading Resource  ani_wedding 
 Loading Resource  arabian_props 
 Loading Resource  uni_jump 
 Loading Resource  uni_stances 
 Loading Resource  uni_equip 
 Loading Resource  uni_strike 
 Loading Resource  uni_throws 
 Loading Resource  uni_fistswing 
 Loading Resource  uni_lord_stand 
 Loading Resource  uni_defence 
 Loading Resource  uni_sideways 
 Loading Resource  dart 
 Loading Resource  armors_new_a 
 Loading Resource  armors_new_b 
 Loading Resource  armors_new_heraldic 
 Loading Resource  armors_new_arena 
 Loading Resource  crossbows 
 Loading Resource  arabian_armors 
 Loading Resource  rock 
 Loading Resource  costumes_d 
 Loading Resource  nordic_helmets 
 Loading Resource  sarranid_helmets 
 Loading Resource  sarranid_armor 
 Loading Resource  raw_materials 
 Loading Resource  khergit_lady_dress 
 Loading Resource  vaegir_helmets 
 Loading Resource  gauntlets_new 
 Loading Resource  sarranid_lady_dress 
 Loading Resource  sarranid_boots 
 Loading Resource  bride_dress 
 Loading Resource  full_plate_armor 
 Loading Resource  weapon_meshes_e 
 Loading Resource  fur_armors_a 
 Loading Resource  ui_server_filter 
 Loading Resource  warhorse_new 
 Loading Resource  ship 
 Loading Resource  arabian_houses 
 Loading Resource  object_c 
 Loading Resource  tree_f 
 Loading Resource  interiors_arabian 
 Loading Resource  arabian_village 
 Loading Resource  valleyProps 
 Loading Resource  workshops 
 Loading Resource  barrier_primitives 
 Loading Resource  town_houses_e 
 Loading Module Resource  Papas_Community_Animations 
 Loading Module Resource  pbod_resources 
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  network_compatible . Skipping.
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  hide_other_mod_servers . Skipping.
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  ground_weapon_collision . Skipping.
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  use_missile_damage_type . Skipping.
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  allow_unset_script_params . Skipping.

} //Processing Ini File Finished
 Loading Music...
 Loading Textures...
 Finished Loading Textures...
 L8 Format is  supported
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_check_party_sees_party 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_get_party_speed_multiplier 
 Loading Module...
 Loading item kinds...
 Loading dialogs...
 Loading mission templates...
 Loading party templates...
 loading time:  20397 
 Finished All...
 StoreStats - success
 Loading tracks
 load_map_data complete.
 Init_map complete.
 init_meta_mission complete.
 map mesh built.
 get_ideal_sun_color.
 get_ideal_fog_color.
 445 parties added.
 launch complete.

Saving Game... Creating new savegame file... Saving header... Saving game state... Closing new save game file... Starting checksum control... Performing checksum control... Savegame checksum control succeeded...
 Backing up old file name... Removing old backup file. Renaming old savegame to backup file. Renaming new savegame file. Savegame succeded...

Frame# : 11119 
Saving options...  OK!
 Exiting network manager...  OK!
 Deleting resources...  OK!
 Exiting physics manager...  OK!

num rt_material : <c: r  9 > / <c: y 24 >

Render Target Format Usages:
 A8R8G8B8 :  5 ( 1 1 1 1 1  )
 A8 :  18 ( 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1  )
 D16 :  2 ( 1 0  )
 R16F :  1 ( 1  )

Dumping resource usage information: 
 #Full textures:  59 
 #RT textures:  26 
 #RT materials:  24 
 #RT Memory usage:  23808 
 Exiting graphics manager...  OK!

Current Config { 
	first_time : 0 
	texture_detail : 100 
	render_buffer_size : 15 
	max_framerate : 120 
	start_windowed : 0 
	use_pixel_shaders : 1 
	use_vertex_shaders : 1 
	fake_reflections : 1 
	show_framerate : 0 
	use_ondemand_textures : 1 
	use_ondemand_textures_mt : 1 
	disable_music : 0 
	disable_sound : 0 
	disable_frequency_variation : 0 
	cheat_mode : 1 
	enable_blood : 1 
	enable_edit_mode : 0 
	force_single_threading : 0 
	debug_mode : 0 
	display_width : 0 
	display_height : 0 
	display_bits : 32 
	antialiasing : 8 
	sample_quality : 0 
	alpha2coverage : 1 
	force_vsync : 0 
	shadowmap_quality : 1 
	shader_quality : 1 
	postfx_dof : 0 
	postfx_hdr : 0 
	postfx_autoexp : 0 
	flora_degrade_distance : 100.000000 
	flora_lod_detail : 0 
	use_instancing : 0 
	use_secure_connection : 0 
	max_number_of_connections : 16 
	look_for_server_on_this_machine : 0 
	music_volume : 0.400000 
	sound_volume : 1.000000 
	mouse_sensitivity : 0.500000 
	invert_mouse : 0 
	enable_lighting : 1 
	enable_particles : 1 
	enable_blood : 1 
	enable_character_shadows : 1 
	enable_accurate_shadows : 1 
	number_of_corpses : 3 
	grass_density : 50 
	combat_speed : 2 
	friend_combat_difficulty : 0 
	adapter_format : 0 
	reduce_combat_ai : 2 
	reduce_campaign_ai : 2 
	combat_difficulty : 0 
	display_labels : 1 
	display_targeting_reticule : 1 
	display_attack_direction : 0 
	turn_camera_with_horse_in_first_person : 2 
	verbose_damage : 1 
	verbose_shot_difficulty : 1 
	battle_size : 1.000000 
	attack_direction_control : 2 
	defend_direction_control : 0 
	lance_control : 0 
	anisotropic_filtering : 1 
	enable_environment_shadows : 1 
	verbose_casualties : 1 
	verbose_experience : 1 
	realistic_shadows_on_plants : 2 
	number_of_ragdolls : 3 
	gamma : 2.200000 
	character_detail : 1.000000 
	character_shadow_detail : 1.000000 
	control_mouse_movement_y_scale : 1.500000 
	blood_stains : 1 
	use_winmm_audio : 0 
	auto_gfx_quality : 0 
}

Closing log file... 

Great, thanks. (I assume there was no wse_crashlog file or anything similar?) So neither WSE nor Warband thinks there is a single problem. That is good to know, I suppose.

If you're willing to continue helping, I've 2 next steps:
1) you could either try the original version 0.95 for Diplomacy or stand alone and see if that works
2) A little .txt file editing on the current version:
1. Open mission_templates.txt (make a backup)
2. Search for lead_charge
3. Below lead charge, find the line that starts: 0.000000 1.300000 100000000.000000
4. Find the numbers 2124 1 1000
5. Change 1000 to 100 (and if it works on 100 and you're willing to toy around, play with numbers in 100 intervals up to 1000 and see where it stops working)
6. Save, restart the game, and try it again.

Kojakk said:
No, no crash log.

Step 1 worked like a charm!
Alright, then try the .txt edit on the current version. If that works, then it looks like timing may be different on the Steam version (or differ greatly by computer) so I might need to make that scalable in Mod Options.

Kojakk said:
**Edit. This last time I tried, I get the flag but when I place it nothing happens. I select 1 for infantry, then hold F1 and place the flag. The infantry should "pop" over to that spot, correct?
Yes. This also points to the above being the culprit. It looks like there's a time scale issue here that I had assumed would be more consistent machine-to-machine.

** Edit: Ignore the below. I was looking at the old version I had installed to test.

This line?

0.000000 0.000000 0.000000  8 31 2 144115188075857085 2 2147484551 1 1513209474796486693 75 1 1 2124 1 1000 726 2 72057594037927937 1 727 2

Back
Top Bottom