SP Musket Era Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment (v0.92 ported to WFaS 1.143)

Users who are viewing this thread

Pre battle deployment is working great,
But prebattle orders I'm having trouble with.  What actually starts the sequence of orders?  Do I need to do anything(like hit a key)?  Can I change the timing in battle?  I think I'm missing an essential clue. I can't find a page that details what all the functions buttons do. I'm sorry if I'm just being stupid, perhaps I've missed something glaringly obvious.

Kendoman said:
Pre battle deployment is working great,
But prebattle orders I'm having trouble with.  What actually starts the sequence of orders?  Do I need to do anything(like hit a key)?  Can I change the timing in battle?
They should all fire within the first 2 seconds of the battle, and no you needn't do anything.
The first orders given will be hold position/follow and any non-native formation orders. This will happen within the 1st second of the mission starting. About a second later, any weapon-type orders as well as move forward/backward or stand closer/spread out orders will be given.

Gambino said:
need to make a new campaign so that it takes effekt?
No, the mod is completely savegame compatible. You simply need to copy your savegames from your Documents\M&B WFaS\Savegames\OiM\ folder to a Savegames\PreBattle O&D\ folder

-'Expanded' PBOD features (some of which may not be the best for the WFaS context): lancer/pike weapon usage fixes, damage tweaks, weather-based ranged proficiency losses, bodyguard companions, new battle orders: weapon type/shield usage, skirmish mode, volley fire, pike bracing, etc
Is there a possibility to skip not suitable features when installing it to my mod?

Anybody has any experience if any features bring bugs? I would skip them, too.

For example what he said:
Wranger said:
1) When I give my companions a Dismount command in Tactics, they do so in the battle, but then most of them immediately mount up again.

2) The Hold Fire command in Tactics, doesn't work on any unit. Everyone just starts shooting like mad as usual when battle starts. Shouldn't this serve the same function as giving a "Fire At My Command" command?

I've also noticed that hitting Escape while you're in combat, and have the command window open, that is, the box that shows all the F1, F2, F3, etc. commands, Escape should close that, but instead it brings up the game menu.

Also, while the strategy window is up during combat (the one with the minimap), selecting a group with the number keys automatically closes the strategy window, and opens up the command menu.

Relatively small, but irritating things.

I see a lot of bugfix in the warband thread version 0.96.  Are those bugs still in this wfas version? I ask because wfas version is just 0.92

Does this mod work with Gaunt's mod? sorry i am forgetting what it is called.

Gaunts mod really only tweaks features of the game and adds in new ones. I dont think this mod will conflict with Guant's mod but i want to make sure.

Thanks,
Jah92

Jah92 said:
Does this mod work with Gaunt's mod? sorry i am forgetting what it is called.

Gaunts mod really only tweaks features of the game and adds in new ones. I dont think this mod will conflict with Guant's mod but i want to make sure.

Thanks,
Jah92
It won't work by merging the .txt files, no. You'd need to merge the source codes...though PBOD's do kind of "auto merge", I'm not sure if Gaunt has released his source.

Caba, how does the ai work. Does editing text files like the troops and parties mess them up because I dont see the ai using formations even though I have the options set to formations.

The mod is very good and brings the game to a new level. But I have some strange bug : when I attempt to enter a tavern in a town or fortress via the menu I enter a scene of fortress which wall has a whole made by explosives. ( the same you may enter if you siege a fortress and choose the option to detonate explosives ) The tavern keeper and the merceneries are on the right of the city gate. The very same scene occures when I start a new game instead of the Cossack village in the tutorial. So when I start a new game I have to exit the tutorial before the game crashes.
Another weird bug is occuring when I have fortified myself and I am being attacked. Then the action takes place in a city instead in the field. My party is spawning between houses. May be this is a scene from Crimean fortress.

These bugs don't occure on Native or other WFAS mods.

I have copied the scenes from Native and replaced them with these on your module even though I think they are the same.
I deleted the entire module and installed it again.
I think these bugs have to do something with menus.txt and the scenes they are reffered to.
I am playing WFAS 1.143 on Windows XP if this has any matter...
Any suggestions?

Like in others mods that uses this one, I can't brace polearms.  :sad:

I wonder WHY???

Funny is that I have gived up the WFAS Enhanced Mod because I can't use brace there, and when I tested it in Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment it worked well with the 2 peasants that comes with you in the bandits oppening quest. After it, in real battles with pikes, it doesn't work anymore!

Any idea???

EDIT

With some more playtest I have noticed that the problem only happens with units that have a ranged weapon option (like a european mercenary marksman with a pike and a musket). Similar 'strange behavior' happens when you order a marksman or dismounted knight with a shield and a firearm to CHARGE: they turn their back do te enemy and/or point their shields to the sky while moving.

There's a download link here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwithfireandsword/mods/3434/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwithfireandsword%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D3434&pUp=1

I'm not sure if this mod is working or not. When battle begins, I don't see any options to "take the field". The only option I have is charge. Inside the battle, I don't see new formations and the ai still behaves like native, even though it's set to AI formations in the options. So far the only thing that appears to work for me is the battle continuation. Is there something I'm missing?

raider969 said:
I'm not sure if this mod is working or not. When battle begins, I don't see any options to "take the field". The only option I have is charge. Inside the battle, I don't see new formations and the ai still behaves like native, even though it's set to AI formations in the options. So far the only thing that appears to work for me is the battle continuation. Is there something I'm missing?

The options for the pre-battle orders/take the field, only start showing up once you have at least 2 points in the tactics skill. Might that be what you're seeing?
I'm not sure why you'd be seeing the formations AI not kicking in though...everyone is still just charging?

Caba`drin said:
The options for the pre-battle orders/take the field, only start showing up once you have at least 2 points in the tactics skill. Might that be what you're seeing?
I'm not sure why you'd be seeing the formations AI not kicking in though...everyone is still just charging?

Apparently it's just me not knowing how to use the mod  :lol:. I didn't know there was a tactics 2 requirement. Before, the only option that was available was "charge". My men would run off like they did in native. Now with 2 points in tactics, I have the option to 'take the field' and 'lead your men'. Thanks for the help.

A really nice and have-to mod
I shall merge it with whatever mod I want to play

thumb up

BTW it's my first post in the forum ..... though I've been a regular visitor from 3 years  :mrgreen:

good sire..
can you help me find this mod.
so in the past i play M&B wfas, and it has a features for ordering musketers to fire by row.
but i recently download and play W&B wfas 1143 version, but the fire orders only had ; fire left, right or middle flank.
anyone can help me with this?

Back
Top Bottom