SP Musket Era Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment (v0.92 ported to WFaS 1.143)

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't find the option to select it in my main menu, it looks just like the default. I checked to make sure it was installed in the right folder.

soaringcheetah said:
I can't find the option to select it in my main menu, it looks just like the default. I checked to make sure it was installed in the right folder.
If it is in your <WFaS installation folder>\Modules\PreBattle O&D\ there shouldn't be a reason that it doesn't show up in the launcher (your install folder would default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mount&blade with fire and sword\ if you have Steam and the installer should find either). Depending on your OS, perhaps you need to remove the ampersand '&' ...but until dHErblay, I've not had anyone mention that before and the mod's been released and installing to the same folder for almost a year and a half.

The main menu in game will look the same when you select "PreBattle OD" instead of "Native" in the launcher (the pic on the launcher will change though). Once in game, your character needs either 1 point of tactics to see any new pre-battle options and 2 points to see them all. There will be a new "mod options" choice in your camp menu right away, however.

Definitely it's so sad I can't find my "music" problem !

This looks like a real amelioration to this game !

Any changes i make using Morghs editor dont appear in game. Any reason why?  :sad:

Excellent coding by the way, it adds a whole new level of playability to the game.

chaos marine said:
Any changes i make using Morghs editor dont appear in game. Any reason why?  :sad:
What are you trying to change with Morgh's?
If you edit the PreBattle O&D module's files after installing it, they should appear without a problem. Be sure you are editing the correct module.

I was trying to  edit troop equipment and i have checked to make sure i have the right module several times, it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\PreBattle O&D\ right?

chaos marine said:
I was trying to  edit troop equipment and i have checked to make sure i have the right module several times, it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\PreBattle O&D\ right?

You do realise that this is the With Fire and Sword board, right?

Granted PBOD works for both, but are you editing the Warband files and then launching WFaS?

chaos marine said:
no, I'm using Warband, and i did not realize that this was the WFaS board.
The mod's primary thread is within the Carvanserai (Warband released mods), specifically here.

You might want to be sure you are running Morgh's Editor as Administrator, or move the module outside of Program Files, edit it and then move it back. Windows UAC might be blocking Morgh's from actually making changes to the .txt files since they are in Program Files.

If you can make the changes, save them, exit Morgh's and reopen it and the changes are there, they should show up in game. If the changes you make don't save, then you know you have a Windows UAC problem. If they don't show up in game, you might need to start a new game to see that particular change. Absolutely nothing the mod does would prevent the editor from working.

Hey thanks for porting your mod to WFaS Caba'Drin!
Just noticed a bug when using the mod merger kit, it adds a trigger in mission_templates that doesn't seems to belong to WFaS, I'm talking of the tournaments triggers. They caused compiling errors and removing it fixed my problem.
Just noticing it here for people that could have the same problem

Seek n Destroy said:
Hey thanks for porting your mod to WFaS Caba'Drin!
Just noticed a bug when using the mod merger kit, it adds a trigger in mission_templates that doesn't seems to belong to WFaS, I'm talking of the tournaments triggers. They caused compiling errors and removing it fixed my problem.
Just noticing it here for people that could have the same problem
With the kit that is included in this download? I haven't got any errors compiling with the kit that you should find in the download from this thread...it is the same kit I used when creating the playable download. Might you post what error you were getting?

I think I mainly understand the point of this but I was wondering. All that I'm looking for is a tweak (hopefully something I can already put into my original Native module so I can keep my savegame and character.

But I would like something like this but automatic, right as the battle starts. Something similar to the formations in PoP (I think) when before each battle it'd never prompt you which formation or person was used it would just be randomly automatic formation for when the battle starts (in the PoP mod it was automatic that no troops charged at all, instead they'd stay there and stand in line and wait for you to issue and order first).. That's all I'd like for WFaS. A automatic non-charge tweak.

I for one agree that this should be a toggle-able option ever since Warband came out since this game does sort of excel in trying to encourage people to use tactics instead of just purely charging.

If you click "Take the Field" everyone will start holding, though not in formation. If you click "Lead your Troops" everyone will start following, though not in formation. To set formations, you need to select the "Plan the battle", but your orders will be saved from one battle to another, so it is only a few clicks.

I plan on making it so you can have multiple saved battle plans and can set one as default to skip those screens, but that isn't done yet.

Okay :smile: Well thank you, and can I just put this in my original Native module or can I take my save game from my original Native in put in it in this module?

Aurora_Alexi said:
Okay :smile: Well thank you, and can I just put this in my original Native module or can I take my save game from my original Native in put in it in this module?
You can take your save from Native and use it with this module.
Just copy your savegames folder for Native and rename it "PreBattle O&D"

What an excellent mod! I've been waiting for so long. I also used it for Warband.

Just a few problems:

When I say tacticsI'm referring to the options available when you select Plan your battle with the enemy

1) When I give my companions a Dismount command in Tactics, they do so in the battle, but then most of them immediately mount up again.

2) The Hold Fire command in Tactics, doesn't work on any unit. Everyone just starts shooting like mad as usual when battle starts. Shouldn't this serve the same function as giving a "Fire At My Command" command?

Anyone else getting these? If I'm making a stupid mistake with any of them, sorry.

I've also noticed that hitting Escape while you're in combat, and have the command window open, that is, the box that shows all the F1, F2, F3, etc. commands, Escape should close that, but instead it brings up the game menu.

Also, while the strategy window is up during combat (the one with the minimap), selecting a group with the number keys automatically closes the strategy window, and opens up the command menu.

Relatively small, but irritating things.

Thanks a ton for the mod though, still!

Wranger said:
1) When I give my companions a Dismount command in Tactics, they do so in the battle, but then most of them immediately mount up again.
No idea why that would be. Will look into, but there might not be anything to do about it if WFaS somehow messed up the mount-dismount order processing.

Wranger said:
2) The Hold Fire command in Tactics, doesn't work on any unit. Everyone just starts shooting like mad as usual when battle starts. Shouldn't this serve the same function as giving a "Fire At My Command" command?
This might be due to the difference between Warband and WFaS orders--it should give the order to switch to melee weapons, not use ranged weapons (a la Warband). Can look into refining this for WFaS after I've reworked this screen in general for Warband.

Wranger said:
I've also noticed that hitting Escape while you're in combat, and have the command window open, that is, the box that shows all the F1, F2, F3, etc. commands, Escape should close that, but instead it brings up the game menu.
Try hitting F9 or F10 if you are dealing with one of the expanded order screens. That will close it--unfortunately without the Warband Script Enhancer I cannot directly control the order screens to prevent this from happening.

Wranger said:
Also, while the strategy window is up during combat (the one with the minimap), selecting a group with the number keys automatically closes the strategy window, and opens up the command menu.
This is to activate the extra orders I've added. Again, without the Warband Script Enhancer there isn't a clean way to prevent this, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom