SP Musket Era Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment (v0.92 ported to WFaS 1.143)

Users who are viewing this thread

prebattleodbanner.png
Download v0.92 BETA ported to With Fire and Sword here


Installation Notes
1) Only applicable if you installed a prior version of PBOD: If you are updating from a previous version of PBOD and it covers a patch/version change, first delete the PreBattle O&D folder within ...\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Modules\  Your savegame data, etc, will be untouched.
2) Download the .exe Installer
3) Run the Installer...which should identify your WFaS installation from the registry, even if you have Steam.
4) After starting WFaS, select the PreBattle OD module from the launcher and play!


Adds the following to Native WFaS:
-Pre-Battle Orders (give troops orders before the battle starts, so they spawn with those orders)
-Pre-Battle Deployment (choose which troops spawn with you as the battle starts)
-Ability to split 1 troop type into 2 divisions
-Battle continuation with mouse-operated death cam
-motomataru's formations (including formations for the AI)
-'Expanded' PBOD features (some of which may not be the best for the WFaS context): lancer/pike weapon usage fixes, damage tweaks, weather-based ranged proficiency losses, bodyguard companions, new battle orders: weapon type/shield usage, skirmish mode, volley fire, pike bracing, etc


For the full details, change log, etc, see the primary, Warband version's thread.
Source code ModMerger Kit included in the installer.


DISCLAIMER - This is a port of the Warband mod. I took some time to be sure that the order keys from the expanded PBOD orders and formations did not conflict with the new WFaS orders and that any references to factions, etc, were adjusted accordingly and that there shouldn't be any slot/variable conflicts. I did not alter the behavior/coding of any of the features to work better in the context of WFaS and at this time do not have any plans to do so. If there are incompatibilities/conflicts, I'll happily correct those, but if a feature that makes sense for Warband (the way skirmish is coded, the adjusted lance/spear-use AI, AI for pike bracing, or motomataru's formations, etc) does not make sense for WFaS, my recommendation would be to not give that order and disable the corresponding setting in PBOD Mod Options (in the camp menu). The core features--pre-battle orders & deployment, the splitting of troop types into two divisions, battle continuation--work as desired.

Old Versions
for With Fire and Sword 1.143
 

Nhatorama

Recruit
WBWF&S
Love the mod, I don't think I'll play F&S vanilla ever again  :grin:.

I've noticed several issues as I've been playing, here they are:

1- In almost all battles enemies retreating towards one side of the field are unable to escape, but those running in other directions escape just fine. The enemies unable to escape are stuck running in place towards the edge of the field.

2- Sometimes during a battle where either party is using a wagon fort my character is unable to kneel down.

3- Troops that I ordered to brace their weapons sometimes do not react to enemies attacking them/within striking distance, i.e: cavalry troops who just had their horses skewered.

4- Sometimes troops who have been given the "charge" command in the pre-deployment screen hold their positions instead of charging. I think I'm supposed to click on the "Prepare Orders" to be sure my orders are carried out.

5- Sometimes troops will block(shield up/weapon block) towards the sky for no reason and not react to being attacked and/or keeping their back to the enemy.

I'm not sure if these issues are known to happen in F&S vanilla and I can't say since I barely played the vanilla version.

My PBOD Mod Options are:

All options that can be check marked are selected, except for "Disable Companions' complaints" and "Enable the cheat menu".
Both reassign commands are disabled.
"Battle Cont. charge after KO" is set to charge all.
"Formations Battle AI" is set to formation AI.
I'm playing WFaS 1.143 version.
 

bobross419

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&S
Just giving some feedback.  Mod works great for the most part but doesn't come into affect for the Wagon Fort... not sure if that is easy to change or not.
 
Monkey_Taco21 said:
where do i make pre battle orders?
You need Tactics >=2, then the options will show up on the screen before a battle begins.

bobross419 said:
Just giving some feedback.  Mod works great for the most part but doesn't come into affect for the Wagon Fort... not sure if that is easy to change or not.
Will look into. Thanks for pointing it out.

Nhatorama said:
1- In almost all battles enemies retreating towards one side of the field are unable to escape, but those running in other directions escape just fine. The enemies unable to escape are stuck running in place towards the edge of the field.
As this doesn't change any scenes, there shouldn't be any new bugs here. Not sure how this is possible.

Nhatorama said:
2- Sometimes during a battle where either party is using a wagon fort my character is unable to kneel down.
None of my code should be interacting in the wagon fort missions...will look into, but I don't believe there are any possible conflicts.

Nhatorama said:
3- Troops that I ordered to brace their weapons sometimes do not react to enemies attacking them/within striking distance, i.e: cavalry troops who just had their horses skewered.
That is how the brace works, at present. Troops won't respond until you order the entire division to stop bracing or they are sufficiently overrun the "end brace" order is given automatically.

Nhatorama said:
4- Sometimes troops who have been given the "charge" command in the pre-deployment screen hold their positions instead of charging. I think I'm supposed to click on the "Prepare Orders" to be sure my orders are carried out.
So long as you dispatch the orders, they should be carried out. Prepare just allows you to see/review them first. Hrm. Will look into.

Nhatorama said:
5- Sometimes troops will block(shield up/weapon block) towards the sky for no reason and not react to being attacked and/or keeping their back to the enemy.
These aren't troops trying to volley fire? If not I don't believe I'm the cause of this.

Nhatorama said:
I'm not sure if these issues are known to happen in F&S vanilla and I can't say since I barely played the vanilla version.
Thanks much for the reports. I'm honestly not sure on a number of them either, as things look fine code side, but I've played so little WFaS.
 

bobross419

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&S
Caba`drin said:
Nhatorama said:
1- In almost all battles enemies retreating towards one side of the field are unable to escape, but those running in other directions escape just fine. The enemies unable to escape are stuck running in place towards the edge of the field.
As this doesn't change any scenes, there shouldn't be any new bugs here. Not sure how this is possible.

This is a problem in vanilla and not related to PBOD.

Caba`drin said:
Nhatorama said:
4- Sometimes troops who have been given the "charge" command in the pre-deployment screen hold their positions instead of charging. I think I'm supposed to click on the "Prepare Orders" to be sure my orders are carried out.
So long as you dispatch the orders, they should be carried out. Prepare just allows you to see/review them first. Hrm. Will look into.

I noticed similar behavior, but I think it has to do with setting a formation after selecting the initial order.  If I set initial order to Charge then select any Formation, the initial order reverts to Hold Position.  If you then manually change Hold Position to Charge it doesn't seem to take effect.  When I don't set a formation it doesn't seem to have a problem.
 
bobross419 said:
I noticed similar behavior, but I think it has to do with setting a formation after selecting the initial order.  If I set initial order to Charge then select any Formation, the initial order reverts to Hold Position.  If you then manually change Hold Position to Charge it doesn't seem to take effect.  When I don't set a formation it doesn't seem to have a problem.
Yes, formations will force the initial order to be "hold position", regardless of what you set it to that's why it should automatically set that order to hold. I suppose I could do some error-handling and prevent it from being changed if a formation is set. (Charge automatically cancels a formation anyway)
 

Vampiresbane

Regular
Caba`drin said:
You need Tactics >=2, then the options will show up on the screen before a battle begins.

You as the leader or can one of your companions have >2 tactics?  For me I have designated Yelisei as my tactician.  Just to know if I have to have the +2 tactics in order for this mod to work.  Beyond that, I can't wait to try it out.
 

dHErblay

Sergeant
Simple question : do I have to select POBD in the starting menu or the mod are directly over the native ? Because I may have a problem with installing as I don't see the mod in the menu !

Thanks !
 
dHErblay said:
Simple question : do I have to select POBD in the starting menu or the mod are directly over the native ? Because I may have a problem with installing as I don't see the mod in the menu !
You have to select PreBattleO&D from the menu. Like any self-respecting mod, it leaves your Native installation alone.
Double check that the installer is correctly locating your WFaS installation folder.
 

dHErblay

Sergeant
Thank you !

It's seems ok now for the installation but I got a error about missing music files. When I check the rep (modules/POBD/music) it's empty... So i guess the mod cannot find the said music files !

Got a clue? I erase and installed the mod a few time, always the same result !

Thanks !

 
dHErblay said:
It's seems ok now for the installation but I got a error about missing music files. When I check the rep (modules/POBD/music) it's empty... So i guess the mod cannot find the said music files !

Got a clue? I erase and installed the mod a few time, always the same result !

Thanks !
There shouldn't be any music files in the module folder (you'll notice the native OiM folder doesn't have any music files either)...it should automatically look in the main installation directory when it needs to find those files. When does the error come up? What does it say?
 
Updated to PBOD v0.92

Changelog v0.92
  • Pre-Battle movement orders (+/- 10 paces, formations, spread out/stand closer) now 'snap into place' at spawn time. There may be some reshuffling, but this speeds along the starting formation process greatly.
  • Pre-Battle orders now available for 'alternative' divisions activated by splitting a troop type into a secondary division
  • Shield bash made key-mappable. "Defend" needs to be held down, too.
  • Some bugfixes (Custom Camera and Split Divisions mainly)
No WFaS-specific changes yet, just the coding updates and fixes from the Warband version.


dHErblay said:
When processing the INI files
RGL ERROR
Unable to find module music file
With a OK button
thanks !
I'm really not sure why this would happen. I'd recommend deleting your Modules\PreBattle O&D folder and trying to install again.
Has your 'native' Modules\OiM\ folder been edited? The installer uses some of those files and if you've added new music there or something it might get confused. Best to keep your OiM folder untouched and make changes to copies of that folder.
 

dHErblay

Sergeant
Hi !

I haven't move any weird file. For some reason I must remove the & in the main folder name, can it be this ?
 
Top Bottom