Resolved Pre Battle Defection Loop

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: I try to convince an Army engaging me by talking with the leader. I successfully convince them to follow our faction. This sets off a endless loop of him re-engaging me in conversation and there isn't any way to break the loop. Seems to be game breaking.
How to Reproduce
: I'll try again, guaranteed it probably will. I'll follow up.
Quest/Settlement Name General Map
Media (Screenshots & Video): already moved on
Version: 1.06e & 1.07e
Computer Specs
:
GPU: Asus 1080
CPU: Intel i7 8700k
RAM: 16gb GSkill Tridentz 3200
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB

Notes:
Tried to reload from save state, stuck in endless conversation loop.

A potential workaround, if he has enough people in his party you can recruit him to an army and when you release him from the Army he won't hound you.

Same thing happened to me. I was leading a seige and an army attacked me. I convinced the leader of the army to defect, which caused the army to break up. Another party that was in the army then attacked me and I also got them to defect.
Now the seige management UI is gone and I am stuck in a conversation loop with the second party.

I think my account here is too new to add a screenshot but I will add one if I can figure it out.
EDIT: Got it. You can see that the sidebar that would normally say e.g. Lead and Assault or Leave Siege are gone. The 83 party up my butt instantly starts a conversation with me whatever I do.
qwlrwx9t3is41.jpg

Last edited:
I encountered the same bug under the same circumstances. Couldn't move in any direction without triggering a new conversation. Pasting bug report and system specs below for the devs.

Summary: Stuck in conversation loop.

How to Reproduce: Successfully convinced attacking Hidden Hand mercenary to switch allegiance from Northern Empire to Battanian (player's faction). Leads to loop of conversation where unpausing or attempting to move player army results in starting new conversation with mercenary.

Quest/Settlement Name (if related): World Map
Version: e1.1.0 (Beta)

Computer Specs
GPU:RTX 2060
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X470-Pro
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):SSD Samsung 860

Hello, thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we weren't able to respond to this topic when it was first created.
Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game? Please leave a reply below.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom