POTW! (rip)

Users who are viewing this thread

Roberta

Master Knight
DUilzhY.png

This season of UNAC brought to you by MarkMods!

Each week of UNAC, one player will be awarded with the title, Player of the Week. Earning said title will entitle them to a steam game (picked weekly) and an interview so that other players may get to know more about them. Pretty sick, right? So now you're probably wondering how the POTW will be decided. After the week has been completed, I will meet with each captain and they will pick a player that they believe to have performed the best. After that, we'll compile a list and then look at the screenshots and stream footage in order to make a decision on who the POTW shall be.

XNWp_DOSr_HQ1_dx4_Xu_V3_Oj_EZzo_X9_Q6_MVSXketcz_N4_Yg_M.png

5763868175_aa820ba7f2_o.gif
Cru
INTERVIEW said:
Incase you can't read, the award for this week is Killing floor 2. And yes, the interview will go here.
AWARD:

unacweek2.png

5763868175_aa820ba7f2_o.gif
KelquethaS
INTERVIEW said:
advavdbgn
AWARD:

I agree with zaffa cuz not everyone sees the matches so unless there are screens it'll be based off reputation. Even if there are screens then it's just scoreboard, and just cuz you have the most kills mean you played the best

MvP's Week 1:

RgN - Braveheart
tK - Tito
Rastaferi - Dodge
FB - Cru
Wappaw - Wappaw does not wish to submit a player this week.
DoF - Syreth
Blacktide - Blacktide does not wish to submit a player this week.
TSC - Rallix

Yea... not really sure how you are going to make this work every week for the reasons already stated. Even more so with little community involvement in the matter. Interest will die down quickly if you don't get all the teams (and their members) somewhat involved in the decision making process of MVPs.

If you still want to go for a similar idea though, I suggest having each team select one player from their team each week that they think deserves to be their week's MVP, who better to know who contributed most to the team that the team itself right?

That way you would end up with a list of weekly MVP's for each team. By the end of the tournament, the member from each team that has the most MVP points gets put into a pool of top MVP players.

Then from there, a select group of admins/captains/trusted judges (whatever you prefer to use) try to make an honest and educated decision on who they believe deserves the ultimate MVP prize. (This group of judges would also serve as a filter for the teams that just kept on nominating the same person as their MVP every week to give them a chance at a free prize. This would make sure that only truly deserving players end up with the prize.)

If you are really set on throwing out several prizes this season, then maybe you can use the same idea, but evaluate the results every 3 weeks, and have 3 accumulated prizes. This way, consistency is also rewarded rather than just having a lucky day.

valent69 said:
Yea... not really sure how you are going to make this work every week for the reasons already stated. Even more so with little community involvement in the matter. Interest will die down quickly if you don't get all the teams (and their members) somewhat involved in the decision making process of MVPs.

If you still want to go for a similar idea though, I suggest having each team select one player from their team each week that they think deserves to be their week's MVP, who better to know who contributed most to the team that the team itself right?

That way you would end up with a list of weekly MVP's for each team. By the end of the tournament, the member from each team that has the most MVP points gets put into a pool of top MVP players.

Then from there, a select group of admins/captains/trusted judges (whatever you prefer to use) try to make an honest and educated decision on who they believe deserves the ultimate MVP prize. (This group of judges would also serve as a filter for the teams that just kept on nominating the same person as their MVP every week to give them a chance at a free prize. This would make sure that only truly deserving players end up with the prize.)

If you are really set on throwing out several prizes this season, then maybe you can use the same idea, but evaluate the results every 3 weeks, and have 3 accumulated prizes. This way, consistency is also rewarded rather than just having a lucky day.

The teams have been submitting their players, also have been talking to their opponents about who they thought did best on the opposing team.

Yea the criteria for deciding the POTW is still ambiguous and not laid out...at all it seems...at least not on here for everyone to read.

But still...go Cru! wooooo!  :party:

Aura (Zaffa) said:
Roberta_Baratheon said:
MvP's Week 2:

RgN - Hani
tK - Tito
Rastaferi - Insane
FB - Cru
Wappaw - Kelquethas
DoF -
Blacktide - PPK
TSC -

Teams seem to do a terrible job picking Mvp. Lag was clearly MvP.

Terrible is a hyperbole, Hani went 27-17 and wreaked havoc as cavalry during that match. 

Arys said:
Aura (Zaffa) said:
Roberta_Baratheon said:
MvP's Week 2:

RgN - Hani
tK - Tito
Rastaferi - Insane
FB - Cru
Wappaw - Kelquethas
DoF -
Blacktide - PPK
TSC -

Teams seem to do a terrible job picking Mvp. Lag was clearly MvP.

Terrible is a hyperbole, Hani went 27-17 and wreaked havoc as cavalry during that match.
He was definitely Rn's number 2. However, you are either with me or against me. Unless the candidates are exactly who I say...than terrible.  :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom