Potential multiplayer skins leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Seeing this many people support the concept of skins after it's been railroaded into the whole class stuff is...disappointing.

On the bright side, if you see stuff like Fiann designs in the base game I can't wait to see just how the actual flashy cosmetic upgrades will look like :lol:

shin said:
vicwiz007 said:
Don't think so negatively. The "catastrophic mistakes" are being worked on, and microtransaction implementation is completely unrelated to those gameplay mechanics. You can choose to believe what Armagan said in his post or not, but thus far TW has done nothing to warrant this extreme skepticism.

You can sugarcoat it however you want but that's simply not true. Stances are staying. Handling stat is staying, which means weapons all have varied blocking delays. Classes are staying. Feinting feels terrible and will stay that way. Combo's are staying. It is not a good game. Microtransactions will happen and I have no doubt about that because I'd be going against the grain by suggesting they wouldn't implement something nobody wants at this point.
I'm not sugarcoating anything by stating that combat is being worked on... it's simply true as evidenced by patches addressing exact issues brought up by the community (albeit the quality and frequency is up for judgement).  What we are trying to do is improve these mechanics, which we have accepted are here to stay for better or worse.

Nobody is saying they won't implement microtransactions, it's obviously a possibility or even definite. What I will contest is that they'd be anything other than cosmetic.

BNS Marko said:
On the bright side, if you see stuff like Fiann designs in the base game I can't wait to see just how the actual flashy cosmetic upgrades will look like :lol:
DanAngleland said:
That is a disturbing point which I had not yet considered  :sad:
Aw ****.
I'm straight up reconsidering my position on Bannerlord microtransactions because of this.

If I was assured that all skins made aesthetical sense and were offered to us in a fair manner, I'd be down for it, even though I'd never buy a single skin.
But I don't think I trust Taleworlds on the first point.

Now, it looks like they are working on two different games unsuited for the same model.
How about a free multi with cosmetic micros, and a full price but complete single player campaign?

Sorry for the alienating idea, but I don't want to see this financial model infiltrating further into the campaign.

Younes said:
It has never been suggested or even assumed singleplayer would have micros.
Has it been for multiplayer before the leak?

Anyway, it would solve the micro transactions over full payment problem.

Younes said:
DtheHun said:
Younes said:

+ It would solve the micro transactions over full payment problem.

The leaks are only for multiplayer, not for singleplayer.

It's not that easy.
Assume that Tim buys the game, both SP and MP in one pack for full price. Then TW comes up with a beautiful new armor that Tim buys for his character. Won't Tim be able to equip his item in his single player campaign too? If yes, then it's micro in single player already, if not then it's a half baked model. Maybe those new cosmetics will be available at some point for single player game as DLC packs - it's technically not considered as a micro - it's still an extended payment model. (And poor Tim have to pay again).
So, it's just not that easy.

DtheHun said:
Younes said:
DtheHun said:
Younes said:

+ It would solve the micro transactions over full payment problem.

The leaks are only for multiplayer, not for singleplayer.

It's not that easy.
Assume that Tim buys the game, both SP and MP in one pack for full price. Then TW comes up with a beautiful new armor that Tim buys for his character. Won't Tim be able to equip his item in his single player campaign too? If yes, then it's micro in single player already, if not then it's a half baked model. Maybe those new cosmetics will be available at some point for single player game as DLC packs - it's technically not considered as a micro - it's still an extended payment model. (And poor Tim have to pay again).
So, it's just not that easy.

Multiplayer would require verification to see if that skins has been purchased or not when connecting.

You don't need to do this for singleplayer since you can play without internet if you wanted.

ALL the skins would technically be inside the module, for multiplayer it would just be a matter if the player bought it (where the masterserver would verify that) where as singleplayer would not require this verification.

Obviously this is how i would assume things go.

But singleplayer skins are absurd. I don't know why you would even think taleworlds would even CONSIDER doing it since singleplayer native would be able to be modified at will.

You don't need to do this for singleplayer since you can play without internet if you wanted.

I'm not a big gamer, but the last one I bought on DVD!! (Mad Max) do not starts without Steam online, so I'm not convinced, as I don't know what will be the trend at the time of BL's final relese.

But singleplayer skins are absurd. I don't know why you would even think taleworlds would even CONSIDER doing it since singleplayer native would be able to be modified at will.

No One said that those paid skins will be stored in the same format as SP models. I anticipate serious resrictions in that field.

vicwiz007 said:
I'm not sugarcoating anything by stating that combat is being worked on... it's simply true as evidenced by patches addressing exact issues brought up by the community (albeit the quality and frequency is up for judgement).  What we are trying to do is improve these mechanics, which we have accepted are here to stay for better or worse.

Nobody is saying they won't implement microtransactions, it's obviously a possibility or even definite. What I will contest is that they'd be anything other than cosmetic.

Like you didn't even read it. They're not 'improving these mechanics' I specifically listed the crap they have said they won't change/remove/revert to a Warband-esque system and refuse to patch. Maybe you are okay with spam,combos and walking backwards to supersede every other combat tactic and have accepted it 'for better or worse' but I won't accept it and will sit here and **** and moan because it sucks that they have ruined the Mount and Blade series potential and discarded the fundamentals that made it incredible in favour of AAA title garbage.

DtheHun said:

I'm not a big gamer, but the last one I bought on DVD!! (Mad Max) do not starts without Steam online, so I'm not convinced, as I don't know what will be the trend at the time of BL's final relese.

No One said that those paid skins will be stored in the same format as SP models. I anticipate serious resrictions in that field.
Steam has to be on but you don't have to be connected to the internet to launch the game or play singleplayer.

Skins in SP make no sense, that's it.

Younes said:
Steam has to be on but you don't have to be connected to the internet to launch the game or play singleplayer.

Skins in SP make no sense, that's it.
I don't know which game you are talking about, my example was MadMax.
NVWeYPL.jpg

I was also mad reading this during a net service breakdown. And yes, it's a single player game, without ingame "store", I bought it's DVD, installed it previously, and it still had demanded internet connection to start. So, it's also a possibility.

Confidence is the food of the wise man...

We are talking about warband,

not some game published by Warner Bros. The only reason you are having this issue is because of the Warner Bros DRM protection that requires it, and looking at the discussions around it, a lot of people never had this problem.

Not sure why you have to put things like "Confidence is the food of the wise man..."

Supposed to be deep or something?

But no point to argue, the whole discussion was clearly about multiplayer since those files were found under multiplayer libraries not whatever crap you're trying to prove

Younes said:
We are talking about warband,
not some game published by Warner Bros. The only reason you are having this issue is because of the Warner Bros DRM protection that requires it, and looking at the discussions around it, a lot of people never had this problem.

Not sure why you have to put things like "Confidence is the food of the wise man..."

Supposed to be deep or something?

But no point to argue, the whole discussion was clearly about multiplayer since those files were found under multiplayer libraries not whatever crap you're trying to prove

Warband? OK, I'm out.

Microstransactions in anykind of form in a full priced game, never did anything good to the a game or its community. So far its not Free2Play or a big MMO then micros are the wrong way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom