Potential multiplayer skins leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Younes

Grandmaster Knight

Bannerlord multiplayer skins?

In recent days there have been rumors going around about multiplayer bannerlord having potential skins. Now in this post i want to
present the pictures that back up those for those who are unaware and explain the screenshots.

Screenshot number 1:

RJO07.png

In this picture, you can clearly see in the red big boxes that in the armory, there is an upcoming feature that will let you "Purchase" something.
Now these lines of code have been set under the same name "MPArmoryClassSkinItemsVM", and for those unaware with coding a "bool" simply means the value can be either true or false, meaning that the game will check if the item is purchased and will either put it as a 1 or as a 0. Now one can assume skins could mean something else which is not related to skin but more like something related to other parts of the game this is where i come to the the next point.

Screenshot number 2:

QxOjc.png

In this picture for those who are not aware, the line where "Skins" is written does not actually refer to anything but will actually mean there will be a button called "skins" somewhere in the armory or lobby.

Screenshot number 3:

Now for those not aware, earlier in the beta there was a section that was "locked". Most of us could only assume what would come there, perhaps a banner editor? Or multiple characters? We didn't really ever get confirmation about this. For those who that want to see how it looked like, in the spoiler there is a picture from a developers blog that shows this exact "locked" section.
WQ33S.jpg

source: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/118
Now following screenshot shows exactly what this was, i did not edit those files, this is inside the files of whoever owns the beta. You can look this up yourself.

W5BFm.png

Now i think this screenshot is pretty obvious on its own. I don't need to explain a lot. All you need to know are that those options are all located in the multiplayer main menu and that the "locked" is referring to something called str_store which unless translated something else in turkish means what i think it means.

Screenshot number 4:
Now this screenshot merely indicates to what extend skins could go. From horse armor to something called "fullskin" we will never really know but again, only presume things
with what we have since Taleworlds is filled with secrecy.

Uk9-V.png

Now i am not here to state all of this as "fact" but like i said in the start, i am simply presenting those screenshots and its up to you to make your own assumption of them. I for one do not care about skins as long as they are not behind a paywall but more in a progression system. While i do have some very pressing questions.

1) Did Taleworlds base their multiplayer customization design deliberately around skins?
2) Do Taleworlds not want to find a compromise for the multiplayer classes because it would cripple skins if they were to do it like warband?
3) Has Taleworlds not come forth with this because they feared backslash or because they are trying to put it inside the game in sneak?
4) Will this fit mount and blade? An ingame store where you buy items?
5) Is this whole thread perhaps wrong and are they planning on adding an ingame currency?

What do you guys think about this?
26/11/2019
Replies from Armagan himself:
Armagan said:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to make a clarification on this issue. Micro-transactions are not something we are actively working on at the moment. However, cosmetic only micro-transactions are a great way to fund active multiplayer updates and if we decide to add purchasable or grindable skins at some point, we'll definitely make them strictly cosmetic-only.

Also, the idea that class selection was added to facilitate micro-transactions makes absolutely no sense. Warband's multiplayer equipment system was more or less inspired by Counter Strike, and Valve doesn't seem to have any problems using Micro-transactions with their game. We could have used an equipment selection system for multiplayer and devise a monetization system for it quite easily. Frankly, micro-transactions is the last thing in our mind, since we still have the huge task of creating a successful and fun multiplayer game experience.
Armagan said:
Many thanks to everyone for your warm response...

Younes said:
Thanks for the clarifying so much. I might be seen as a hate boy who likes to **** on at TW but just know i care about your game and dont do this to undermine you.
I personally love the fact that M&B players are passionate about the game and I would only start worrying if you guys stopped holding us to account. And you don't come accross as a hate boy at all.

Please keep giving criticism, good or bad, and we'll do our best to deliver and address the issues.

EDIT: I sometimes edit for grammar mistakes that i don't notice

Good finds by our very own Bannerlord hacker. Cosmetic customization would be more than welcome, as long as real money isn't involved: I'd find it quite insulting to first give us a class system that imposes more limitations, and then sell us cosmetics, otherwise I wouldn't mind it at all. It would be nice if it were tied to progression only, such as leveling up or obtaining certain achievements.

Well, this is a very good find. It's very solid evidence for a "store", but I don't think it's fair to jump to the conclusion that they will be paid with real money, and the classes were a means to this end. To deny the old Warband customization to the many players who demand it, just to charge them money for it... That is some EA/Ubisoft levels of greed and scumbaggery.

My best bet is that it will be very similar to Mordhau. You get money from matches and leveling up (perhaps an explanation for what levels are for) and spend the money on new armor/weapon skins you unlock.

I may be wrong of course, but TW does have a very good track record when it comes to stuff like this at least.

vicwiz007 said:
Well, this is a very good find. It's very solid evidence for a "store", but I don't think it's fair to jump to the conclusion that they will be paid with real money, and the classes were a means to this end. To deny the old Warband customization to the many players who demand it, just to charge them money for it... That is some EA/Ubisoft levels of greed and scumbaggery.

My best bet is that it will be very similar to Mordhau. You get money from matches and leveling up (perhaps an explanation for what levels are for) and spend the money on new armor/weapon skins you unlock.

I may be wrong of course, but TW does have a very good track record when it comes to stuff like this at least.

I don't think anyone's intention here is to jump to conclusions, just posing the question. I completely agree with you that a move of this kind would be extremely unlikely from TaleWorlds, something progression based such as Mordhau would be a plausible solution.

Gab said:
Good finds by our very own Bannerlord hacker. Cosmetic customization would be more than welcome, as long as real money isn't involved: I'd find it quite insulting to first give us a class system that imposes more limitations, and then sell us cosmetics, otherwise I wouldn't mind it at all. It would be nice if it were tied to progression only, such as leveling up or obtaining certain achievements.
This.

I'm fine with a progression/gold system similar to Mordhau or Overwatch. Just as long as there is no in game impact from purchased items or any cosmetics being behind a paywall (well, at least the vast majority). If I can get the items for free by grinding the game, I'm fine with people spending money to get the items faster.

I just hope that we're able to choose each item individually, such as what helmet we'd like to wear from the skins we have available.

Gab said:
vicwiz007 said:

I don't think anyone's intention here is to jump to conclusions, just posing the question. I completely agree with you that a move of this kind would be extremely unlikely from TaleWorlds, something progression based such as Mordhau would be a plausible solution.
Yes, I did not mean to accuse anyone, just responding to the questions posed at the end of Younes' original post.

Though the last question is what threw me off
5) Is this whole thread perhaps wrong and are they planning on adding an ingame currency?
It leaves the impression that the entire post was made to accuse TW of questions 1-3 (& 4 i guess) even though the rest of the post was very neutral, presenting the findings.

The best investigation of the past 7 years !
This is what was being whispered about arround the culoirs for some time, as some of us know.

I am going to recycle my recent post from a different thread refering to this matter, which encapsulates my opinion, guesses, hopes and suggestion for this.
Piconi said:
In most newer popular titles, such as BF 5, RDR2, AC: Odissey and so on, you level up doing kills, specific stuff, daily or weekly objectives and such, then for every level or every few levels you earn some currency, be it scraps, game dollars or gold.
Then you can spend that currency on pure cosmetic items (with no real game advantages other than looking cool), but you have to choose wisely, because:

A.) you can never earn so much to buy everything there is, because there is usualy a level cap, and even reaching the level cap doesen't give you enough in-game currency to buy it all.
and
B.) Every item is unlocked for "purchase" by reaching a certain level.

In RDR2 specificaly you can buy stuff that gives you online PvP advantage with in game dollars (earned by playing), and with gold bars as well (can be bought on their store), but gold bars are so expensive and you need so many of them for certain items, its almost not worth buying them, which is good and gives you incentive to play the game and earn stuff that way

Even though i prefer singleplayer in Mount and Blade, i really hope in Bannerlord Multiplayer the cosmetics or any other items don't have to be purchased for real money only, with no chance for earning them through playing normaly . . .
For Bannerlord's sake.

EDIT: I must add that i do not want to believe that the reason for gimping the character customization in multiplayer is microtransactions, as one and only way to get your character customised - by paying more real money.

Brandis. said:
I'm fine with a progression/gold system similar to Mordhau or Overwatch. Just as long as there is no in game impact from purchased items or any cosmetics being behind a paywall (well, at least the vast majority). If I can get the items for free by grinding the game, I'm fine with people spending money to get the items faster.

I just hope that we're able to choose each item individually, such as what helmet we'd like to wear from the skins we have available.

+1 Couldnt have put it better myself.

Brandis. said:

I think this would be a great idea if adding skins to the game is non-disputable.

Brandis. said:

Even if there is in game impact, as long as it is rank locked, and could be earned by playing as well, i'm good.
I wouldn't want to be level 60 and seeing lvl 6 wearing same outfit and perks as i do just because he bought it straight away, i want to have him unlock that outfit by, lets say rank 50, in order to be able to purchase it in the first place.
Either that, or make rank skipping very very expensive.

I agree there should be a clear distinction between well earned skins with skill and experience that show how good someone is, perhaps some kind of prestige system where something on your uniform could be added that shows how much experienced you are, perhaps some kind of necklace around your neck with tiny skulls that show off which prestige you are (5 skulls means prestige 5 for example)

don't know just an idea obviously.

I do honestly still believe even if they could offer a very deep cosmetic system, it won't add to the combat depth from warband because in the end they are still just cosmetics.

CkCYl.gif

Wow, so far everyone is taking this information really well. I was expecting a lot more push back and rage from Warband Multiplayer veterans about the inclusion of cosmetics skins and microtransactions in multiplayer Bannerlord.

The inclusion of an online store for multiplayer doesn't really surprise me. Partially because the information presented in this post is very well written and very thorough ( Thank you OP! ), but mostly because Taleworlds has been building the Multiplayer beta in a modern setting with a focus on a competitive online playing environment ( EA Sports Potentially? ). They have been mimicking the industry standards for online multiplayer rather than focus on a more customizable and more personal system that Warband had. Basically it all adds up. All we can look forward to and ask a question about, is how it will be implemented?

I'm not expecting anything outrageous. Talewords aren't as dumb as EA or as incompetent as Bethesda, so I have hope they will stick to cosmetic only.

This is what I am expecting.

I don't expect this, but Taleworlds should seriously consider it, because it would deviate from the norm and it's a great idea.

Goldfire223 said:
I'm not expecting anything outrageous. Talewords aren't as dumb as EA or as incompetent as Bethesda, so I have hope they will stick to cosmetic only.

For the sake of the company, the game and us i hope you are right.

While i can understand like you said taleworlds mimicking other games in a way, i still think that the warband customization would've been better then cosmetics. I will always prefer warband customization for its depth. I strongly believe a compromise can be found to have best of both worlds, where both of them can live side by side seperate.

If there is a slight microtransaction in this i am out, for good. If its absolutely free, and something like mercenaries or crpg idea, i am all in. Or maybe its the class customisation as we are having it in warband. We will see

Knez said:
If there is a slight microtransaction in this i am out, for good. If its absolutely free, and something like mercenaries or crpg idea, i am all in. Or maybe its the class customisation as we are having it in warband. We will see
Having NO micro-transactions would be perfect obviously, with only having a progression system

Back
Top Bottom