Potential multiplayer skins leak

Sundeki

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWB
Best answers
0
Younes said:
I disagree, we shouldn't force the system down Taleworlds throat either. Finding a compromise where both taleworlds and the community is satisfied should be found. Not a one sided satisfaction which will obviously fail since we are not letting taleworlds experiment on their own.
I don't think there is such a compromise. TaleWorlds has already stated that their new system is staying the way they want it with no notable change, that there will not be multiple systems for different areas of the game. Near as I can tell the only two compromise options are make a universal hybrid class system that combines elements of both Bannerlord's and Warband's mechanics, or create two different class systems, and keep their current one for Skirmish and Captain's mode matchmaking, while giving the other to the rest of the modes.
Well I guess there is also the third option, which is do nothing and potentially kill their game before it even launches

I was willing to compromise and meet at least some of the way. I was never under any delusion that I would get everything that I wanted. Instead the only thing I get is what amounts to a "maybe" for servers for my region, and almost nothing else. If anything is being "forced", it's coming from one direction, and it's not coming from people with similar opinions to me.
 

Reichsritter

Recruit
Best answers
0
On the note of changing up unit aesthetics, the main units that I would like to see aesthetic reworks done for are the Battanians. I do like their armor, but I feel like it's a little bit out of place.

Since Battania is a Celtic style faction, I would personally like to see something more like this:


or:



Both are very distinctly Celtic, and both feel more fitting in comparison to the other faction armor. Generally, just far less leather on the Battanians.
 

Piconi

Fashionista
Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
Reichsritter said:
On the note of changing up unit aesthetics, the main units that I would like to see aesthetic reworks done for are the Battanians. I do like their armor, but I feel like it's a little bit out of place.

Since Battania is a Celtic style faction, I would personally like to see something more like this:
or:


Both are very distinctly Celtic, and both feel more fitting in comparison to the other faction armor. Generally, just far less leather on the Battanians.
I think you might not have seen what a couple of us have done to certain Battanian units, especially Terco with his 6 men lineup at ?️ ???????? ???? ?????????? - Archive, the thread Armagan was reffering to.
If you have additional ideas, let us know down in that thread, that's where the aesthetic brainstorming is taking place  :party:
 

578

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
0
vicwiz007 said:
Scarf Ace said:
John the Roleplayer said:
Do not look here said:
Does that mean the eternal war of Sturgian threads will cease in near future? :ohdear:
Only the dead have seen the end of the Sturgian threads.
I don't understand why the Sturgians get all the drama while the Battanians are all dressed in torn rags, random leather bits and the occasional WW2 pilot's helmet instead of stylish Celtic-style outfits.
It's the viking fetish. They are obsessed with anything resembling vikings.
Of course, because Vikings are more interesting than slavs and nobody plays games to resemble history, if i wanted to learn about history and have historical accuracy i'd go play age of empires, not a fictional game like mount and blade. Not to mention Nords were probably the fan favourite of warband. Either them or Swadians, a pretty close matchup. Sturgians look mmmmmeeeeeeh. What TW should do in my opinion:

1) Double down on the aesthetic of slavs on Sturgians, make them full Slavic
2) Make Nords a joinable bandit faction with the systems to develop them to a full empire (like a normal faction) and make them playable in Multiplayer aswell
3) Or make nords a sea centric DLC that they arrive from Jumne, fully joinable and playable in multiplayer aswell
4) Both worlds happy

Most nord players will play Battanians from what I gather anyway
 

Piconi

Fashionista
Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
Interesting how everyone says viking instead of norse. Vikingr means raider in old norse, but in popular culture with movies and series they have established themselves not as a single occupation, but as culture. We say today "viking culture", although there is no such thing. Little over 200 years of norse raider expeditions and their whole culture is branded as "viking".
I don't see anyone want to play norse explorers who discovered the new world first, nor their fishermen, or even traders who sold goods all the way to the middle east . . .
Movies and series can enlighten, but also blur historical facts for the masses.
 

578

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
0
Piconi said:
Interesting how everyone says viking instead of norse. Vikingr means raider in old norse, but in popular culture with movies and series they have established themselves not as a single occupation, but as culture. We say today "viking culture", although there is no such thing. Little over 200 years of norse raider expeditions and their whole culture is branded as "viking".
I don't see anyone want to play norse explorers who discovered the new world first, nor their fishermen, or even traders who sold goods all the way to the middle east . . .
Movies and series can enlighten, but also blur historical facts for the masses.
Why would I wanna play an explorer or as a fisherman on a combat-based game? lol. Vikings are the specific group that Nords were inspired from, aka raiders and mercenaries. Thanks for the history lesson but I knew all of this already. This is a video game, and not a historically accurate one, so yes, we want to play as badass raiders, not as farmers. Do you think people LOVE knights because they gave everything to the church and became fighters of the God? Or do you think they love them because they were a high class society? No, they love them for the armors and the prowess. Games are meant to be fun and since this is a combat game mostly, people want to look cool when they kill ****, not live an alternative fake life in blurred lines of history.
 

Piconi

Fashionista
Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
578 said:
Piconi said:
Interesting how everyone says viking instead of norse. Vikingr means raider in old norse, but in popular culture with movies and series they have established themselves not as a single occupation, but as culture. We say today "viking culture", although there is no such thing. Little over 200 years of norse raider expeditions and their whole culture is branded as "viking".
I don't see anyone want to play norse explorers who discovered the new world first, nor their fishermen, or even traders who sold goods all the way to the middle east . . .
Movies and series can enlighten, but also blur historical facts for the masses.

Why would I wanna play an explorer or as a fisherman on a combat-based game? lol. Vikings are the specific group that Nords were inspired from, aka raiders and mercenaries. Thanks for the history lesson but I knew all of this already. This is a video game, and not a historically accurate one, so yes, we want to play as badass raiders, not as farmers. Do you think people LOVE knights because they gave everything to the church and became fighters of the God? Or do you think they love them because they were a high class society? No, they love them for the armors and the prowess. Games are meant to be fun and since this is a combat game mostly, people want to look cool when they kill ****, not live an alternative fake life in blurred lines of history.
I for one would LOVE to play trader in Bannerlord, as well as explorer ! ! ! Wasn't implying you didn't know history, actually i wasn't reffering to you alone, i too sometimes say "viking", it's just that it was interesting how 200 years of mostly failed expeditions branded a whole long lasting culture as such-vikings.
If you don't find it interesting, thats just a difference in opinions . . .
But let's not derail the topic any further .
 

578

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
0
Piconi said:
578 said:
Piconi said:
Interesting how everyone says viking instead of norse. Vikingr means raider in old norse, but in popular culture with movies and series they have established themselves not as a single occupation, but as culture. We say today "viking culture", although there is no such thing. Little over 200 years of norse raider expeditions and their whole culture is branded as "viking".
I don't see anyone want to play norse explorers who discovered the new world first, nor their fishermen, or even traders who sold goods all the way to the middle east . . .
Movies and series can enlighten, but also blur historical facts for the masses.

Why would I wanna play an explorer or as a fisherman on a combat-based game? lol. Vikings are the specific group that Nords were inspired from, aka raiders and mercenaries. Thanks for the history lesson but I knew all of this already. This is a video game, and not a historically accurate one, so yes, we want to play as badass raiders, not as farmers. Do you think people LOVE knights because they gave everything to the church and became fighters of the God? Or do you think they love them because they were a high class society? No, they love them for the armors and the prowess. Games are meant to be fun and since this is a combat game mostly, people want to look cool when they kill ****, not live an alternative fake life in blurred lines of history.
I for one would LOVE to play trader in Bannerlord, as well as explorer ! ! ! Wasn't implying you didn't know history, just that it was interesting how 200 years of mostly failed expeditions branded a whole long lasting culture as such-vikings.
If you don't find it interesting, thats just a difference in opinions . . .

Οh I don't disagree with you on this part, it's well known that wherever Hollywood puts its productive hands in, things get skewed and twisted. Movies and modern media will obviously not focus on farming and economics of a warrior society because that would be boring to the masses. I was arguing it from a gameplay and a gamer's standpoint.
 

578

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
0
Terco_Viejo said:
@578

I think that to be fair with M&B's own lore and the preferences of a part of the bulk of the fandom (everything has to be said); the solution would be:

1) Stugia full Slavic (Bannerlord Native)

2) Make Nords Pro Nordic Minor factions (Skolderbroda, Sons of the Forest, etc) a joinable bandit minor faction with the systems to develop them to a full empire (like a normal faction) and make them playable in Multiplayer aswell (Very much to my regret; it was said that this will not be possible).
When and who said that it would not be possible for Nords to become playable in multiplayer if they add them as DLC?  :eek:
 

Piconi

Fashionista
Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
The one and only playable faction i see on your map Terco, for me, is the glorious city-state of Zendar !

Other than that, i actually know very little of the minor factions, are they fully joinable (still refuse to believe their words that they aren't), do they have their own holdings or are spawning like bandits in Warband, why are their territories not on the Bannerlord map etc . . .

So much of not derailing this any further lol  :lol:
 

578

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
0
Yeah lets not off topic more. But know this, if nords arrive and we cant play them in multiplayer, the forums will burn. You have been warned Taleworlds.


Back on topic, I think the first steps towards skins should be inspired from Piconi's thread. Especially the Battanians with blue marks on their body and the new look of Druzhina. I am not really fond of the sturgian 'Raider' one because it looks more like a fat merchant ready to sell butter than a warrior but its personal taste. Battanians in Piconi's and Terco's illustrations really give me the celtic / forest dwelling vibe. Unlike the current armors that look a bit mediocre, especially Fiann who looks like a **** Dain's dwarf axeman.
 

Piconi

Fashionista
Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
A Battanian naked Savage skin + Sturgian enhanced Druzhinik skin . . .
That'll be 4.98$ please, than you for your purchase !
:iamamoron:

Now on a serious note, let's hope it's not that expensive if it ever comes to that  :grin:
 

578

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
0
Piconi said:
A Battanian naked Savage skin + Sturgian enhanced Druzhinik skin . . .
That'll be 4.98$ please, than you for your purchase !
:iamamoron:

Now on a serious note, let's hope it's not that expensive if it ever comes to that  :grin:
4.98$ is really cheap BASED on the industry's standards. Warframe has monetized their skins very successfuly and with nearly 0 backlash and they cost about 6 dollars for a full skin. Which is not bad, if the quality of the skin is decent and CAN BE CUSTOMIZED with colors, it can be used for a long time. Now other game games like the very very bad Fallout 76 introduced skins for like 15 dollars which are recolors (lol).
 

Achilles_TheIV

Archduke
NWWBWF&S
Best answers
0
578 said:
the forums will burn. You have been warned Taleworlds.
This has been happening for years now and even more concentrated since the release of the beta. Such comments won’t even make the slightest of dents. But hey all of us are still holding our breaths for some magical outcome
 

AJIexander

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
I believe that there is nothing wrong if developers sell skins for characters, provided that they do not affect the balance.  And if they add the ability for modders to make their skins, which will be added to the store, if developers like they, modders can have a share of the income, I will clap standing.  It is necessary to motivate people to make cool products and not for free.  What do you guys say?
 

Piconi

Fashionista
Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
AJIexander said:
I believe that there is nothing wrong if developers sell skins for characters, provided that they do not affect the balance.  And if they add the ability for modders to make their skins, which will be added to the store, if developers like they, modders can have a share of the income, I will clap standing.  It is necessary to motivate people to make cool products and not for free.  What do you guys say?
I say i gotta beat my lazyness for learning new stuff and work on some 3d modeling ASAP :lol:
 

RoboSenshi

Grandmaster Knight
WBNWVC
Best answers
0
Armagan said:
Piconi said:
So are you taking into account our suggestions for aesthetic changes of units as well or . . .  :lol:
I'll let myself out  :facepalm:
Aesthetic suggestions are most welcome. Actually your thread with your, Terco's and others' concepts looks amazing and I was planning to ask for your permission before stealing some ideas...  :mrgreen:
Please steal all of Terco's Empire ideas. Make at least one of the empire factions "Western Roman Empire" inspired. Please!

Also Asserai...
 

Fddd

Knight at Arms
WBVC
Best answers
1
AJIexander said:
It is necessary to motivate people to make cool products and not for free.  What do you guys say?
It will be good decision given current trends.