**Potential** Crash fix (upon leaving towns/loading)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dananim8

Recruit
Okay so, Based off of my experience so far. One of these things AND/OR a combination of the 3 stopped me cashing.
I was only getting crashes upon leaving towns, well... the first one i went into lol.
*first though* just update/check your graphics card driver (literally no down side to this lol)

Changes in the order i did them:
1. Launch steam as admin

2. apply the games highest settings (not custom) + Fullscreen - and chose 1920-1080

I have no way to verify this one yet though.
--*WINDOWS ONLY* -
I think the "SysMain" process is causing the game to freak out while it tries to reload assets while returning to the world map.
The process can be easily disabled, i have found myself having to do this occasionally in the past for other games.
HOWEVER - this may slightly impact the load speed of your most frequently used apps on your computer.
But as far as i know it doesn't do much other than that.

To disable the process
- Open task manager
- Services tab
- Look for SysMain (probably says running)
-
rightClick - go to "open services"
-Look for SysMain again. (probably says running)

-
Finally.... Right click on "SysMain" Go to "properties"
- you can stop the process from here - and Change Startup to manual.

And if the gods favor you, you'll be able to play the game hahah.

Like i said, i havent double checked this yet. like, writing this instead of playing the game is already killing me hahah.
HOWEVER.
This Got me From crashing at the first town (less than 5 mins gameplay) To No crashing at all (at the time of writing this.)
Ill keep you updated.

I hope this works for others :< Please let me know if it did help.
Best of luck! Take care! and wash those hands :razz:

-PS THE GAME STILL HANGS FOR A SECOND WHEN LEAVING TOWNS - But it doesn't ctd anymore (hence why i think SysMain has something to do with it, like, messing up load order or some **** like that i duno :I)
-Dan

This fix actually allowed me into a save that would not load and continually Load-hung till death. However, still crashing on clicking (From world view) the quest characters and selecting talk. When it goes to load them, Hangs until crashes. Just adding input to help. Patiently Waiting and helping.

This fix actually allowed me into a save that would not load and continually Load-hung till death. However, still crashing on clicking (From world view) the quest characters and selecting talk. When it goes to load them, Hangs until crashes. Just adding input to help. Patiently Waiting and helping.
Heyy nice, that's good information atleast. If you're trying your luck later- it's probably worth seeing what happens if you like, use 'walk around' and then speak to someone instead - - reason being. If you pick the npc from the menu, the game loads you in faster (in my experience, which ain't much yet lol) and well... That's just, a little weird lol, cuz ur still in town -
it feels like the game gets stuck trying to work out what it's trying to load or somthing

-I talk to much lol. Thanks for the response!

That sucks man :sad: wonder if mine will start doing the same soon :/ - I started a new game after I made the changes. So I should be finding out later on tonight lol
Thanks for replying anyway!

Back
Top Bottom