Post Your Custom KnightHood Order Here! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

It's boring after a while to always play the "good guy" when it comes to equipping your CKO. At least we have that if we can't side with the evil forces of Pendor :party:

@Savigo:
Very nice, all hail evil-inspired CKO-s! :twisted: :iamamoron:

Savigo said:
My Knighthood Order is based on H. P. Lovecraft mythology.

qwqFV.jpg

U59wQ.jpg

Knights: Things That Should Not Be
ydn6V.jpg

Sergants: Archers from R'Lyeh
X85k4.jpg
I love this theme  :lol:

I have an idea for new CKO. Everyone who played Dark Souls should recognize those guys:

m5H0Mov.jpg

But honestly, the only helmet that fits to Smough is veagir mask from native.

Oh, bro, I'm bout to necro tf out of this forum.
kQhC_.png

These are the Servicemen of the Imperial Defense Service. Created by Lord Centalore, the Empire Lord who took Avendor and Marleons from Sarleon. Drawing inspiration from the brave warriors of Sarleon and the Empire, these men are heavy cavalry units created to combat the many forces which seek to disrupt the life of Imperial citizens. The Siege of Marleons by the Three Seers saw 400 Empire units face off against the hordes of Heretics and Demons number 1200. It was after its valiant defense that the Service was created. The Knights of the Griffon, based out of Talon castle serve as the personal guard to their Grandmaster, and rightful ruler of Pendor, were to stay in the shadows until their Lord declares war on the other nations. As such, they were too few to take on the tasks of battling the Jatu, Heretics, and the odd Noldor patrol, already being tied up with destroying what remains of the Snake Cult. And so, the IDS was born.

Noble recruits hope to earn the title and cape of Imperial Peacemakers, riding in on Netherworld Chargers and fighting with Noldor longswords.
Common recruits aim to become Imperial Agents, with Black Ironbred Chargers and Ebony longswords. Many of them are Knights of the Griffon and their Sergeants who don a new uniform to assist the long lost king in a different capacity. It is this core foundation that briefs the new Servicemen about their Lord's plans to rebel, and ensures it stays a secret.

When their Lord does one day rebel, they will take on another transformation wearing Asp Armor along with Anaconda Knight armor to show loyalty to Emperor Centalore, whose crest is that of the Kingsnake- a snake which is immune to the venom of other snakes. A fitting crest for the family which directed the eradication of the Snake Cult (I'm a Slytherin and was born in the Year of the Snake, my first sports team was also the Vipers, so needless to say, I like Ophidian imagery). The Peacemakers are soon to take revolutionary technology- the Arquebus whilst the Agents will take and Arbalest to add to their lethality when dismounted.

Presenting: The Sylvian Sisterhood

Knights: Sylvian Angelica (Plural: Sylvian Angelicae)

Sergeants: Sylvian Demonica (Plural: Sylvian Demonicae)

Together in the Castle Hall:

On the Field:

Going for an angel and devil appearance to the two of them, to give them a theme whilst still plausibly minmaxing the CKO for maximum battlefield efficacy. Lore wise, the troops of the Sylvian Sisterhood were established by Empress Sylvia following her successful usurpation of Empire lands, and subsequent wars of conquest against the D'Shar and the remnants of Sarleon. In preparation for the coming great war against the feuding Fierdsvain and Ravenstern, and wishing to address the gaps she saw in both the empire's culture and military ethos, she sought to establish an order of troops based around what won her the empire and the dozens of qualis gems before it - a female-led ranged cavalry unit, along the lines of the army of Heroine Adventurers she had at her call whilst employed as an Empire mercenary. To her incredible luck, the Ravenstern and Fierdsvain spent years feuding with each other, not once turning their gaze upon her empire, until it was too late - when the two realized that the angelic faces hid behind them a vast demonic host, their cities and castles were already being conquered.

The Sylvian Angelicae take to their role as defenders of the light, emulators of the Noldor, and humanity's vanguard with devotion and zeal. When simple lessons were not enough, the Empress had them home their skills against the Noldor themselves, taking the Noldor captive in ritualized flower-wars (the Noldor did not respond to the usage of blunt weaponry in kind, and so many brave women lost their lives in these wars of ritual and honor).

The Sylvian Demonicae, by contrast, take to their role as bringers of the dark and wearers of demonic skin with irony and jest. Though they wear the form of evil itself, they do so to pay complete irreverence to it; to show that they have overcome such things and that such things are reduced to but tools and jokes for humanity's triumph. Into battle, they sing curses in between laughter, overcoming the dread of fighting and dying to demonic hosts with comedy in their hearts. This is, of course, not what their enemies see.

The two have identical weapons (Doom Mace, Shield, Noldor Bow, Meltine Arrows).

Thanks for sharing this in 2021, Darkwarriorj! I love the dualism of your KO design. Very unique concept and a well-developed backstory. You also did a great job maxing their respective stats. I know how much training that takes, especially for the "sergeant" units!

PS. Any tips on getting your proficiencies maxed out?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this in 2021, Darkwarriorj! I love the dualism of your KO design. Very unique concept and a well-developed backstory. You also did a great job maxing their respective stats. I know how much training that takes, especially for the "sergeant" units!

PS. Any tips on getting your proficiencies maxed out?
Thanks for giving me some feedback on my troops!

In terms of proficiencies, it just came down to chugging elixirs left, right and center. The key to that was being a very useless mercenary for the Empire for hundreds of days, as I slowly built up my companions and created a force of ~140 Heroine adventurers + 100 other ranged cavalry units or archers. With that kind of force, (and probably the difficulty I was playing on to a good degree; I have half damage for allies :p), I was able to reliably solo most unique spawns, primarily by parking my cav-archers on a hill, occasionally dismounting them into normal archers, and grinding down the numbers of most unique spawns. Wolfsbode in particular came repeatedly.

To get the most possible unique spawns, another tip is to go be a bard in character creation, ask for ALL the rumors in taverns... and above all, accost every single lord you run into for yet more rumors. Lord rumors don't seem to operate on the same rumor interval, and some can spawn the unique spawn the moment you ask them. I played over 700 days before even considering empire; spending that time chugging elixirs for me and my companions. It took until day ~1400 before the CKO came online as well. It was a relatively slow and methodical game.

Ah, yes. Qualis gems ftw! I also prefer a slow and methodical game. I've never been successful at blitzkrieg in PoP, mainly because it takes so long before even mid-level enemies are no longer a threat. Knighthood orders especially take tons of time to develop, as you say. I know there is a way to tweak the game so that experience accrues faster, but I always stick with the default.

Back
Top Bottom