Post-Release Plans for Multiplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

I looked through the Post-Release Plans that have recently been posted and quickly realized that none of it even mentions MP; shocker. My question to you Taleworlds is what are your Post-Release Plans for Multiplayer? Or are you going to continue to abandon the online community? It has been over a YEAR and a HALF since the last "Statement Regarding Multiplayer" blah blah blah. So I ask again, will you finally try to support the community you neglected for so long, or are we still on our own?

Come on now man. Don't do this to yourself.

You know what the plans are.

Multiplayer Plans:
--Nerf javelins again.
--Unnerf them, but slightly too much.
--Now nerf them twice as much.
--Profit.

Rinse repeat for 3 years.

Also, randomly break features, then forget that you accidentally removed them and claim it was intentional.

Come on now man. Don't do this to yourself.

You know what the plans are.

Multiplayer Plans:
--Nerf javelins again.
--Unnerf them, but slightly too much.
--Now nerf them twice as much.
--Profit.

Rinse repeat for 3 years.

Also, randomly break features, then forget that you accidentally removed them and claim it was intentional.
Don't forget reintroduce crush-through to every weapon and bring back the sound of DOOM!

It's a great pity! The first early access versions of the game were of much higher quality. they got worse day by day instead of getting better. no one dreamed of such a multiplayer experience, really bad condition.

For a studio the size of TW it was already abandonware, and now they have even less incentive to do anything. At least during EA they could make the argument to improve MP so that the game would be more appealing for official launch.

No multiplayer game with servers that constantly crash is going to have a playerbase. No self-respecting studio would launch an MP knowing that they have had awful servers for 3.5 years and did nothing to fix them.

I don’t understand the thought process of officially releasing with multiplayer in such a bad state. This was the last chance for a big influx of new players. Feels almost purposeful so TW doesn’t have to host servers.

I get the impression that they're just gonna keep the trainwreck rolling for another half year, announce the shutdown of the multiplayer mode and keep the trainwreck rolling for an additional three months to give people one last chance to play Bannerlord multiplayer before axing the mode for good.

If we're lucky, they might work out a deal with Torn Banner Studios and Tripwire Interactive to do a Bannerlord/Chiv2 bundle, with the latter game acting as the new multiplayer mode for Bannerlord, along with two tiers of crossover items being offered. First tier for people who simply own both Taleworlds and Torn Banner's game, while the second tier of crossover items would only be available for Bannerlord multiplayer veterans (must have a total of 750 gold or more in Bannerlord MP to be counted as a veteran, expenditures included).

No one will play the native MP when the mods are released. Wouldn't surprise me if, in 6 years, BL has an active comp scene on a mod and TW tries to host a LAN but makes up new rules while pretending they always supported the MP scene lmao. Would be even funnier if they try to host the tourney on native BL.

Back
Top Bottom