Post Launch, which Kinds of Mods Will Be the Most Important to You?

So, Post Launch, which Kinds of Mods Will the Most Important to You?

• Diplomacy Mods

Votes: 59 74.7%
  • Ambush Mods

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • A I Mods

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Scene-adding mods - properly fleshing out the towns, castles, taverns, bandit hideouts ..

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Weapon and Armor mods

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Mods to add functionality to villages, towns and castles

Votes: 44 55.7%
  • Mods to enhance NPC interaction and dialogue

Votes: 42 53.2%
  • A proper crime / criminal empire mod

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Crafting and economy mods

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • Other (If so, please state + comment below)

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
5 votes allowed...

I haven't included 'total overhaul' mods as a choice because those will take quite some time.

And of course, we all want to see a few of those.

Last edited:
What I need more than anything is that completely changes none battle elements of the game. To be more specific, how a player move up through hierarchy and how to get power to command lords around you. Being a nobody and then ascending to be a noble is a must to have for me. Then completely erasing influence from the game and replacing it with something that actually makes sense.

So what I am looking for is total gameplay overhaul mod that does the things I mentioned above.

Bannerkings + diplomacy + RBM is my dream bannerlord, as long as these mods keep working/being updated i'm happy with the game.

Just a shame we had to relly on mods yet again when TW had everything they needed from the success of classic/warband to implement beloved features and expand upon them.

Bannerkings + diplomacy + RBM is my dream bannerlord, as long as these mods keep working/being updated i'm happy with the game.

Just a shame we had to relly on mods yet again when TW had everything they needed from the success of classic/warband to implement beloved features and expand upon them.
Have you tested banner kings with 1.8.0? I love that mod too but last time I played it (couple of months ago) the economy was bugged and every town/lord was getting exrremely rich out of control. Made it unplayable after a certain point

Have you tested banner kings with 1.8.0? I love that mod too but last time I played it (couple of months ago) the economy was bugged and every town/lord was getting exrremely rich out of control. Made it unplayable after a certain point
I'm using it with 1.8.0 right now and the economy seems much better and healthier, only has a problem with lack of iron so most towns arent producing high tier weapons and armor but the author is already working on it for the next update, everything else seems to be working great on my end.

The mod has a lot of incompatibilities since it touches in so many areas but it's more than worth it to tailor your mod list around BK for the amazing features it adds in a single package.

edit: already fixed in the new Banner Kings version, that dude works fast lol

Last edited:
Other: RTS camera and RTS Command or similar, MUST control troops accurately, without it you're better of just playing warband and ramming knights into everything.
Mods to add functionality to villages, towns and castles: They have devolved to just thing you click to get troops and thing you give to AI clan(yours) so AI clan (not yours) doesn't have it. Can't even use the prison to store prisoners in anymore. Oh boy does the town pay me 1/5 the loot of 1 battle (before garrison costs) a day? Yeah that's pretty useless in a game where you fight constant battles forever.
A I (Any Intelligence) Mods: kinda overlaps with RTS and mod, but yeah troops are too stupid on both sides of the battle field. This may also over lap into diplomacy but everything about voting and how "the game" does ballots it horrible and needs an overhaul or to be modded out such as "no more elections if you're king" mod. I also want a "only I decide peace" or just a no voting or even "no lords only armies and generals in my faction". There's no point of any of it, they don't feel like characters and there's mothing to do with em, so why bother.

Besides obvious overhaul mods, i'd be hyped for a pack that adds all the cool Warband features that are missing in Bannerlord, complete change of settlements UI (we already have that in Settlement Icons Redesign), some mod that reworks clans and hierarchy, where you could join any existing clan through high relations or marriage, as a non-leader in a clan but simply a member and you must climb to be a leader and finally, a Minor Faction enhancement mod, where you could join them as if they are a kingdom
Multiplayer mods.
Well i'll be damned, i'm starstruck right now !

I haven't included 'total overhaul' mods as a choice because those will take quite some time.
Still the most important one to me. No matter how many mods you install to polish native, you will get bored of the same Calradia in a few months. Changing the setting from time to time is important to keep the game fresh. Besides, some total conversion mods are already out and running.

It's difficult to choose three mod categories only. I clicked AI, functionality of fiefs and weapons and armor.
- The braindead AI is the most annoying feature of BL most of the time (that was with RBM); I stopped using RBM AI module lately, and I'm surprised that I don't miss it that much. I'm using now "Improved Combat AI" which makes AI on the soldiers better but there is much room left.
- Fiefs are so underused and stale, they give terribly low money, but that's only one problem, I'd like to be able to focus more on fief development and "local gameplay", especially during times of peace.
-I don't need new weapons, but I like to make my troops look quite different than vanilla, for this I need armor mods like OSA.

I'm currently not using Diplomacy mod (which was always in my load order) because of an incompability with another mod, and it feels better in vanilla than I thought it would. Nevertheless a better diplomacy is important for mid to late gameplay.

I did not vote for "Other Mods", because there are so many I like, and it would distract from the poll. RTS camera and RTS battle command system, party commands, better garrisons, better workshops, realistic weather etc. Recently I noticed that a mod which allows you fighting during the day all the time is such a big relief. "Adonnay's Troop Changer" and "True Armies of Calradia" together solve several game problems which annoy me, I'm not sure I would ever play without.

For some mods I'm sure, for me they are mandatory and I would not play BL without:
- Character Manager
- Character Reload or Detailed Character Creation
- Spear Rework

Overhauls are important for the future. M+B has boredom deeply ingrained in it's core principle. From a certain point onwards it's a grindy all-the-same all the time. A fresh scenario can help (for a certain period of time).

Changed to five max votes allowed now. But want to have some kind of limit to avoid people just choosing everything. 👍🏻

Last edited:

I tried to use all these 3 mods at the same time, but it crashed when I clicked ''decisions'' button on character menu...

Back
Top Bottom