Post Difficult Questions Here

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Abraxium

How do I convert? :lol:

It's a shame that oriental studies with focus on China and Persia at my university was only offered as an entire program and not a single course. Now I'm taking urban-social planning with German literature for extra credits

Best answers
One of the most enlightening moments in my life was last year during a church fair where the pastor organised an "iranians vs everyone else" tug of war. It literally became Albanian chads and African chads vs Persian chads, all these men being built the exact same way and with the same twirly stalin moustaches. After seeing literal tonnes of energy being exerted before they all collapsed into a heap and showed off their biceps to each other, I concluded that West Africa, Eastern Europe and Iran have more or less the same culture.

All joking aside West Africans and Eastern Europeans get along famously well here, and there are a lot of mixed marriages.

ancalimon

Baron
M&BWBNWWF&S
Best answers
If we are cousins with the British, why do they make it so difficult to obtain us a VISA? They even used our banner IYI and our God's name on their shrines. That is insolence!

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Duke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
I don't get any of that.
Æneas is a mythological character. Why does a historian speculate about him bringing anything anywhere?
It doesn't sound trustworthy.

ancalimon

Baron
M&BWBNWWF&S
Best answers
I don't get any of that.
Æneas is a mythological character. Why does a historian speculate about him bringing anything anywhere?
It doesn't sound trustworthy.
Yes. He probably was trying to find a link between "Aryans" and Europeans as was the fashion during those times. The thing is he documented all these.
Then you brought our tamga there? And here: https://tarihvearkeoloji.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-etruscans-etruskler.html

Bulgarians, British, Etruscans, Trojans, Turks.The link is here. We want our free VISA

Last edited:

kurczak

Section Moderator
WB
Best answers
Calling all weeaboos!

What's going on here?

What is the song called? Why is she wearing the kimono and why does she do the bowing and thanking mid-show? I'm guessing it is a traditional song of some sorts, but what sorts exactly? The arrangement and visuals are so different from the rest of the pop-rock show, but the people seem to respond well to it.

Bromden

Archduke
Best answers
Calling all weeaboos!
Present!

What's going on here?
A concert!

What is the song called?
**** if I know!

Why is she wearing the kimono
Kimonos are still used as formal dresses!

why does she do the bowing and thanking mid-show? I'm guessing it is a traditional song of some sorts, but what sorts exactly?
By what I understand of the lyrics, it's a lovesong!

The arrangement and visuals are so different from the rest of the pop-rock show, but the people seem to respond well to it.
My guess is that it is either one of her most popular songs, one she became famous with or somesuch, or it's some very popular (karaoke) song everyone knows!

Best answers
I once saw a video of a woman in a Tokyo dancehall concert twerking in a kimono while an announcer shouted over the PA system in japanese patois. Like most sinosphere traditional dress it had a kind of nationalist-inspired revival in the late 20th century and is now mostly embedded into modern life. People wear kimonos to work or to events the same way a Scot might wear a kilt.
When I was in Chengdu in China, probably one in every 20 women was wearing han dynasty clothes.

The song doesn't sound traditional to me. Maybe the lyrics are, but it sounds way too informal.

Hey, I found it:

kurczak

Section Moderator
WB
Best answers
:ROFLMAO:

I thought it would be something like "Nippon stronk and biutiful, majestic mountain tops and cherry trees" etc etc and it's a song about a heartbroken woman smoking and getting ****faced in a bar.

Thanks for your input, the both of you.

Rujasu

Archduke
M&BWBWF&S
Best answers
My guess is that it is either one of her most popular songs, one she became famous with or somesuch, or it's some very popular (karaoke) song everyone knows!
A quick dig shows that the song was probably her latest single at the time of that show. I guess the visuals are so different because why the hell not?

Best answers
You're also talking about the same country that did this:

The reason Japan seems so weird is that all their sacred feudal material culture just got swept up in the whirlwind of consumer capitalism in a way that never really happened in any other country. I don't think I've seen a single piece of Japanese media where they make fun of or even point out the fact that someone is wearing traditional clothing in public, even though it's regularly depicted.

Vedymin

Recruit
Best answers
There's Catholics in Japan? Scorsese lied to me? Again?
Speaking of japan and catholic people I found this:

Here is a hard question:
Is anime dangerous to the mind?

Bromden

Archduke
Best answers
There's Catholics in Japan? Scorsese lied to me? Again?
Many Japanese like to follow weird (to them) religions. I bet there are even Hasidic Jew Japanese out there too.

For the visuals of that gig, that concert smells of your usual dog and pony show. Which means it has all the visuals and effects but no real substance. I haven't watched the whole thing (why would anyone), but I wouldn't at all be surprised by the appearance of flying, transparent piano sporting neon lights (Yes, seen that happen when I worked at a huge dog and pony show).

And yes, anime is dangerous to the mind, but much less dangerous than catholicism.

Best answers
Many Japanese like to follow weird (to them) religions. I bet there are even Hasidic Jew Japanese out there too.
There are actually "native" catholics in japan though. There were some communities that date back to the sengoku period in the 1500s, and surprisingly enough it didn't just devolve into paganism like in every other place with isolated Catholicism.